Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

I heard FCTC say on air the other day he wasn't worried about MSU's turnovers and that wasn't the reason they were struggling.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He really should just get used to watching games with a headset.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I heard FCTC say on air the other day he wasn't worried about MSU's turnovers and that wasn't the reason they were struggling.

I think it would infuriate me if he actually got it from an outside perspective

5d5e227623021e8455588d2a799bbc38.jpg

The Big Ten needs to do something about the officiating. In nearly every game there are stretches of WTH calls going both ways. I can understand making a bad call here or there but call after call after call? They also love to get into the "I see you and raise you." Too often one ref will make a bad call on one end and another will match on the other.

5d5e227623021e8455588d2a799bbc38.jpg&key=91099f6623099dad313ae6d20d4bdbf68ff1f82b66387effe27ac607dc578c62

The Big Ten needs to do something about the officiating. In nearly every game there are stretches of WTH calls going both ways. I can understand making a bad call here or there but call after call after call? They also love to get into the "I see you and raise you." Too often one ref will make a bad call on one end and another will match on the other.

It will never be fixed imo. Basketball is a sport where one team or another will feel like they are getting jobbed. Sometimes both teams feel like it and I guess that's the best but then it's too many whistles.

My guess is it always will exist because of the nature of the sport and fans.

19 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It will never be fixed imo. Basketball is a sport where one team or another will feel like they are getting jobbed. Sometimes both teams feel like it and I guess that's the best but then it's too many whistles.

My guess is it always will exist because of the nature of the sport and fans.

I think the Big Ten takes it to another level though.  It's tough to win on the road in college basketball but the officials make it near impossible.  I don't agree with Gottlieb much but he posted a video of an offensive foul in the last minute of the Boise St. at Nevada game where a Boise State player set a good screen and then started backing his player down.  The call wasn't bad it was horrendous.  If it was a one off thing it wouldn't have that much of an impact but it effected the outcome of that game.  The home court, in the Big Ten, is worth every bit of 5 points and probably more on certain nights.  I guess it's all about the bottom line though.  You give the home team a better chance at victory and more fans are likely to turnout for home games.

57 minutes ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

Trae Young is way overhyped

Disagree completely. He's gotten into the habit of trying to force things. But that team is top 15 because of Young, period. Without him, they're us.

I just watched U.Va. annihilate Clemson. ... How does a Top 25 college team score just 36 points! ... I'm pretty happy with Archie considering the options, but I've said this all along and will continue to say it: If I could have my pick of coaches for IU, there would be only two choices and unfortunately, neither was gonna happen -- Tony Bennett or Brad Stevens.