Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

11 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Saying that people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce because they're loud is out of line in my mind.

....Good Lord.  If that is what you actually accuse me of saying, well, not sure what to say.

Perfect example of someone completing missingvthe point and accusing someone else of saying something that was never typed or implied.

Go read your captured quote of me and show me where I typed anything close to what you just said.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

....Good Lord.  If that is what you actually accuse me of saying, well, not sure what to say.

Perfect example of someone completing missingvthe point and accusing someone else of saying something that was never typed or implied.

Go read your captured quote of me and show me where I typed anything close to what you just said.

Go look up the word "imply" in a dictionary. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

And no it was never said that Lavar can’t reproduce because he’s loud

"LaVar Ball - the walking poster child for the need for birth control." I added in the loud part myself because it's a pretty safe assumption. You still haven't answered my question by the way.

1 minute ago, goonaha said:

"LaVar Ball - the walking poster child for the need for birth control." I added in the loud part myself because it's a pretty safe assumption. You still haven't answered my question by the way.

Well your question doesn’t matter so that’s why I didn’t answer it

2 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Go look up the word "imply" in a dictionary. 

Wow.

Okay, I see exactly what I'm dealing with.

Again, you quoted me and accused me of saying something I never said. That's not okay, or to use your own words, "out of line".

My guess is this is not the first time you've been the thought police and won't be the last.  I'll be sure to contact you in the future to make sure I'm not implying whatever it is you don't want me to imply.

Thx so much for the lesson. Good to see Lavar and his treatment of his sons and a whole lot of other people is supported by you, as that is what you seem to be implying.

Just now, Indy said:

Wow.

Okay, I see exactly what I'm dealing with.

Again, you quoted me and accused me of saying something I never said. That's not okay, or to use your own words, "out of line".

My guess is this is not the first time you've been the thought police and won't be the last.  I'll be sure to contact you in the future to make sure I'm not implying whatever it is you don't want me to imply.

Thx so much for the lesson. Good to see Lavar and his treatment of his sons and a whole lot of other people is supported by you, as that is what you seem to be implying.

I did not quote you.

3 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Don't like it; don't read it.   IMO LaVar is a clown and is not a particularly good father figure.  It's the public perception he's created with his words and actions.   And I have absolutely no idea what you mean with the 'loud' reference.  If it's some kind of modern street lingo, it's gone completely over my head.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Don't like it; don't read it.   IMO LaVar is a clown and is not a particularly good father figure.  It's the public perception he's created with his words and actions.   And I have absolutely no idea what you mean with the 'loud' reference.  If it's some kind of modern street lingo, it's gone completely over my head.

What I meant by "loud" is literally that he's a loud person. He talks a lot in a boisterous and often obnoxious manner. I think that bothers a lot of people. 

For the record, I have often found Lavar to be a funny and interesting character. He's mostly been harmless. I don't however agree with how he's handled the shoplifting thing and definitely don't agree with pulling LiAngelo out of school. There's a difference between calling someone a clown and saying that they shouldn't reproduce. Guess that makes me some type of bad guy but so be it. 

2 minutes ago, goonaha said:

For the record, I have often found Lavar to be a funny and interesting character. 

Funny = clown?    I see the point you're making and clown probably wasn't my best choice of words and FWIW, we definitely agree on how he's handled the shoplifting and his reaction of pulling LiAngelo out of UCLA.  

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Funny = clown?    I see the point you're making and clown probably wasn't my best choice of words and FWIW, we definitely agree on how he's handled the shoplifting and his reaction of pulling LiAngelo out of UCLA.  

I'm not going to come after someone for calling Lavar Ball a clown lol. That's obviously a widely held opinion and people (including you) are entitled to it. I merely thought that saying he shouldn't reproduce was inappropriate. That's it. 

Yeah how horrible of Lavar putting his kids In a position to succeed in life. All 3 of them. What a crappy father figure he is. They didn’t just wake up 1 day and succeed at basketball. They needed help and dedicated parents. I do understand lavar can be annoying and all but I think he’s a pretty good dad. You might not like him personally but he’s obviously a pretty good father. I wish lavar was my dad

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

12 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Yeah how horrible of Lavar putting his kids In a position to succeed in life. All 3 of them. What a crappy father figure he is. They didn’t just wake up 1 day and succeed at basketball. They needed help and dedicated parents. I do understand lavar can be annoying and all but I think he’s a pretty good dad. You might not like him personally but he’s obviously a pretty good father. I wish lavar was my dad

Lonzo ended up alright, although we have to wait and see what happens with his NBA career. I'm not so sure about the younger two though. Liangelo isn't NBA material, and certainly not one and done material. Who knows what the plan with him is. Also LaMelo is being homeschooled and may end up being ineligible when it comes to college. It seems like he did well with his first son but is going off the walls with the other two. 

Lonzo ended up alright, although we have to wait and see what happens with his NBA career. I'm not so sure about the younger two though. Liangelo isn't NBA material, and certainly not one and done material. Who knows what the plan with him is. Also LaMelo is being homeschooled and may end up being ineligible when it comes to college. It seems like he did well with his first son but is going off the walls with the other two. 

Just because his kids might not make the NBA doesn’t make him a bad dad. That also doesn’t mean the kids will be failures in life because they’re not successful in basketball. Their dad did put them in a position to succeed though and that’s all you can do as a father

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Also Lavar’s wife had a stroke some months ago. Still not able to talk or anything like that. Not saying it’s an excuse to steal from China or say dumb things on camera but everyone grieves in different ways I suppose