Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

This won't be a popular opinion, but all well.
Anyone remember the South Park episode where Randy tried listening to tween wave?  Remember what he actually heard?  That is literally what every rap "song" (using that term insultingly loosely) ever sounds like.  I just saved everyone time and brain cells, you're welcome.
Just because the garbage is popular doesn't mean it's good.

Give me Motown any day over rap! but I'm old too. I don't even like what passes for Country today. My fears are coming to pass, I'm turning into my parents! Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Mind blown.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20898447/lavar-ball-homeschooling-lamelo-no-be distractions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the high school should be very ecstatic to have Lavar out of its hair and meddling in its program.

Anyone remember the South Park episode where Randy tried listening to tween wave?  Remember what he actually heard?  That is literally what every rap "song" (using that term insultingly loosely) ever sounds like.  I just saved everyone time and brain cells, you're welcome.

If you watched South Park I question your actual concern for time and brain cells...

Give me Motown any day over rap! but I'm old too. I don't even like what passes for Country today. My fears are coming to pass, I'm turning into my parents! Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Today’s country is actually pop. I’m a lot younger than you and you can’t pay me to listen to that crap.

I was at Samscum's last Histeria or Midnight Madness.

Lots of really loud Rap,high profile recruits and probation hovering in the air.What a strange night.

I thought the music was kind of cool though and I'm an old white guy. Really dont see what it hurts.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

I personally don’t like the music(I do like some old Rap) but if that’s what these kids like why not play it? HH is just as much for them as it is for the fans and if recruits and players like it then only good things can come from it.

I personally don’t like the music(I do like some old Rap) but if that’s what these kids like why not play it? HH is just as much for them as it is for the fans and if recruits and players like it then only good things can come from it.

^^THIS!^^
And fwiw, it's not just for the recruits, a lot of the students are mucho into it too.
I'm not a big hip hop fan, but each generation has their own music, and featuring that music is only natural.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm a fan of most music. I'll be honest, I've always liked rap. From the early 90's stuff to some of the current stuff. I don't like all of it. I have my favorites.

I wouldn't see a problem at all with having a Drake-like performance in the middle of the event.

It wouldn't care to have a bunch of cursing though at a venue like that. It'd have to be radio friendly.

I can do with it or without it, but the students would mostly love it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

On 10/1/2017 at 6:23 PM, JSHoosier said:

Wasn't part of the theme of that episode that just because adults don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't music? What top rappers and producers do with mixing tracks and creating beats and lyrically is incredible.  Just like all rock music isn't Bon Jovi, all rap isn't Chris Brown. If you get to know the music instead of rejecting it outright, there is plenty to love.

9 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Mind blown.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20898447/lavar-ball-homeschooling-lamelo-no-be distractions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nothing and I mean NOTHING this guy says or does surprises me anymore.

"I don't want no distractions on Melo. So therefore I'm going to home-school him and make him the best basketball player ever."

Really? So not only could you have beaten MJ, but now you're qualified to teach your son things like Pre-Calculus, and Physics?  Because I'm pretty sure those would be required courses for a kid graduating HS in the state of California, not to mention UCLA would probably require some very specific courses.  And here's a newsflash, Mr. Ball, YOU are the distraction. 

But this quote from his son takes the cake: "...I can spend all my time now and dedication into it instead of going to school and doing book work". 

...I don't even know where to begin with this one.  In 10-15  years I shudder to think where this kid will be with no pro job and absolutely no prospects for a back-up career.

1 hour ago, HoosierCoop said:

Just bring back Oladipo for HH!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The regular season's starting a little earlier than normal. Pacers are at Miami on 10/21, not a bad idea though.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

"I don't want no distractions on Melo. So therefore I'm going to home-school him and make him the best basketball player ever."

Really? So not only could you have beaten MJ, but now you're qualified to teach your son things like Pre-Calculus, and Physics?  Because I'm pretty sure those would be required courses for a kid graduating HS in the state of California, not to mention UCLA would probably require some very specific courses.  And here's a newsflash, Mr. Ball, YOU are the distraction. 

But this quote from his son takes the cake: "...I can spend all my time now and dedication into it instead of going to school and doing book work". 

...I don't even know where to begin with this one.  In 10-15  years I shudder to think where this kid will be with no pro job and absolutely no prospects for a back-up career.

Homeschooling doesn't mean that the parent does the teaching. Lavar is rich, he could easily hire a tutor. A lot of time is wasted in a typical school day from my experiences. Homeschooling would be better for him. 

Lamelo will be just fine. His dad likes to run his mouth, but he's very shrewd. 

I had a long-winded comment in response, all of which would agree. But I'm tired. Got halfway through and deleted it, so I'll just give the CliffsNotes version:

SELFISH MORON FATHER.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app