Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

9 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

It's just my opinion. Making it cool is winning and deep runs in the tournament not just a performance by a rapper or any other singer/musician

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree, but in order to make deep tournament runs we need to become a cool destination. We are gonna have to go head to head against the Duke/UK/Kansas/UNC's of college basketball to land those players so we have to make IU a cool school to go to again. 

I agree, but in order to make deep tournament runs we need to become a cool destination. We are gonna have to go head to head against the Duke/UK/Kansas/UNC's of college basketball to land those players so we have to make IU a cool school to go to again. 

In my opinion those schools are not making deep tourney runs because they are perceived as a cool destination because they had an entertainer there for one night. Those kids were going to those destinations regardless of how cool the school looks for one night. Those schools have another thing in common with each other they are all ran by a hall of fame coach. Dirty or not each one of those coaches have the respect of the recruits and results in the tournament to back it up. (Even though some of those coaches have early exits on their resume as well with talented rosters). Hire a 5 star coach that produces results and IU will be "cool" again. As a family experience I love the entertainment part of hysteria. I enjoy it as does my 5 year old and 4 year old and wife. They could care less about the scrimmage but that part is for me

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I didn't realize this was so controversial lol. I just thought it would be cool to see a popular act during HH.   Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Dats a fact, Jack. Musicians who are really entertaining, popular, and maybe even under the age of 30 (gasp!) are a good idea! That's true no matter what kind of music they are playing. Even if it's (double gasp...) hip hop !!

If ya can't sign on for that, you just might be turning into this guy:

[/url]

I didn't realize this was so controversial lol. I just thought it would be cool to see a popular act during HH.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I just have an aversion to musical acts or anything else that potential takes away from the reason people are there for. This includes "events". Heck I haven't watched Pomerettes at a HS game ever.
Here in Illinois, the IHSA has something called the March Madness Experience during the State Tournaments. I hate it.

Dats a fact, Jack. Musicians who are really entertaining, popular, and maybe even under the age of 30 (gasp!) are a good idea! That's true no matter what kind of music they are playing. Even if it's (double gasp...) hip hop !! 

[/url]

That's me then and I've been that way since I was Freshman in HS in 79.

I just have an aversion to musical acts or anything else that potential takes away from the reason people are there for. This includes "events". Heck I haven't watched Pomerettes at a HS game ever.

Here in Illinois, the IHSA has something called the March Madness Experience during the State Tournaments. I hate it.

Dang Pomerettes.

Teutopolis, Illinois is ruining society

33 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Dats a fact, Jack. Musicians who are really entertaining, popular, and maybe even under the age of 30 (gasp!) are a good idea! That's true no matter what kind of music they are playing. Even if it's (double gasp...) hip hop emoji15.png!!

[/url]

This won't be a popular opinion, but all well.

Anyone remember the South Park episode where Randy tried listening to tween wave?  Remember what he actually heard?  That is literally what every rap "song" (using that term insultingly loosely) ever sounds like.  I just saved everyone time and brain cells, you're welcome.

Just because the garbage is popular doesn't mean it's good.

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

This won't be a popular opinion, but all well.

Anyone remember the South Park episode where Randy tried listening to tween wave?  Remember what he actually heard?  That is literally what every rap "song" (using that term insultingly loosely) ever sounds like.  I just saved everyone time and brain cells, you're welcome.

Just because the garbage is popular doesn't mean it's good.

I think you missed the point of that episode. 

I guess a better question for this is who and what is HH actually for? At other blue blood schools, it's obviously a hype/recruiting/entertainment event, shown by things like lil yachty (who is extremely popular with kids under like 22 in particular) at Kansas and Drake performing and even warming up with the team at BBM a few years ago.
Should Hoosier hysteria be a strict and focused basketball event like some want or should it be more of a recruiting entertainment event like what other schools are doing?

9 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

I guess a better question for this is who and what is HH actually for? At other blue blood schools, it's obviously a hype/recruiting/entertainment event, shown by things like lil yachty (who is extremely popular with kids under like 22 in particular) at Kansas and Drake performing and even warming up with the team at BBM a few years ago.
Should Hoosier hysteria be a strict and focused basketball event like some want or should it be more of a recruiting entertainment event like what other schools are doing?

I'm all for it being a recruiting entertainment event. I think the fans would like it too. I mean, we already have the dance intros, a 3 point shootout and a dunk contest so it's obvious that we're trying to make it entertaining. Might as well continue that and mold it to make it even more attractive to recruits. We want players coming away thinking that IU is a fun place to be. 

I was at Samscum's last Histeria or Midnight Madness.
Lots of really loud Rap,high profile recruits and probation hovering in the air.What a strange night.
I thought the music was kind of cool though and I'm an old white guy. Really dont see what it hurts.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

2018 PG Kihei Clark just verbally committed to Virginia, per his coach | Story: scout.com/college/basket…
This kid was a verbal commitment to UC Davis and then blew up at the peach jam and won MVP of the finals. Opened back up after and now committed to Virginia. I always feel bad for the mid major in these instances, if he has a terrible weekend he is still committed to UC Davis