Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2018 big man Jaxson Hayes just announced his commitment to Texas. Kentucky had offered recently.
Jeff Borzello
Kentucky misses out on their 3 star target

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah, CB turned yesterday with like 15 picks. Word got out.

Interesting. I think Texas has been a cheating program of late as well. Mo Bamba recruitment screams problems.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Does he have to refund his signing bonus?

Or give his car back?

And just think of the economic repercussions! The Louisville car dealerships are going to be losing a lot of sales---I volunteer to be on the repo team! Show up in a big red wrecker with IU plate and IU game day flags flying and with radio blaring the IU school song! Justice....

Or give his car back?

And just think of the economic repercussions! The Louisville car dealerships are going to be losing a lot of sales---I volunteer to be on the repo team! Show up in a big red wrecker with IU plate and IU game day flags flying and with radio blaring the IU school song! Justice....

And all humor aside I hope we are not in any way involved in this mess. Sounds more and more like almost all the top teams were/are.

And all humor aside I hope we are not in any way involved in this mess. Sounds more and more like almost all the top teams were/are.

If we were involved and I wouldn't totally doubt it, we were terrible at it.

I don't know if anyone saw this but Kansas had a really great show with Lil Yachty performing during late night at Phog. Personally I would love to see something like this happen at HH and I think most students and recruits would also really enjoy it.

Adidas probably paid him to perform

I don't know if anyone saw this but Kansas had a really great show with Lil Yachty performing during late night at Phog. Personally I would love to see something like this happen at HH and I think most students and recruits would also really enjoy it.

No! It's about basketball, not music. FTR, I also don't like the SB halftime performances or any other time this is done. If they need a performance to keep interest in the game, that game isn't worth watching.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Hoosier Roots said:

Who?

There is a way to make HH more hip while still entertaining for the fans who have been around for a minute (looking at you Old Fart). We need to find that balance yesterday.

On that list would be..
1) live performance by a known rapper
2) skills challenge
3) appearance by Martha (or Martin) the Mop Person

46 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

... who have been around for a minute (looking at you Old Fart). We need to find that balance yesterday.

Hey, I resemble that remark!  What's everyone got against Guy Lombardo and his Royal Candians putting in an appearance?

1 minute ago, iufaninillinois said:

It's about basketball, not live performances of some musician, regardless of Genre.

If you want to get the top recruits then you need to make your program the "cool" place to play at. An easy way to do that is to get a well known rapper to show up. Hoosier Hysteria is an event so I'm not really understanding the "it's about basketball." It's a hype event designed to get people excited about the upcoming season. 

If you want to get the top recruits then you need to make your program the "cool" place to play at. An easy way to do that is to get a well known rapper to show up. Hoosier Hysteria is an event so I'm not really understanding the "it's about basketball." It's a hype event designed to get people excited about the upcoming season. 

It's just my opinion. Making it cool is winning and deep runs in the tournament not just a performance by a rapper or any other singer/musician

1 minute ago, iufaninillinois said:

It's just my opinion. Making it cool is winning and deep runs in the tournament not just a performance by a rapper or any other singer/musician

Tradition is great when you are winning. When you aren't you have to do something to set yourself apart