Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Maybe I should have started with "those of us with little federal investigation knowledge." Lol In all seriousness, I'm enjoying your insight into all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sorry; I'm not trying to be a smart a$$.

My point was more along the lines of dismissing all the previous cries of "Why doesn't the NCAA do something?", when the NCAA has practically none of the tools that are necessary to expose the problem.

In other words...THIS is what it takes.

Sorry; I'm not trying to be a smart a$$.
My point was more along the lines of dismissing all the previous cries of "Why doesn't the NCAA do something?", when the NCAA has practically none of the tools that are necessary to expose the problem.
In other words...THIS is what it takes.

No worries Stu. I didn't think you were coming off as a smart a$$ anyways. I honestly hadn't put much thought into how it would be cracked down on, but thought it would be years later and a long drawn out process through the NCAA that would end up not changing much. This certainly seems like it's going to change the game and I agree that this is what it will take.

ESPN is saying the they won't be surprised if UL gets the death penalty. I sincerely hope the FBI along with the NCAA are able to clean college sports. 

The main reason UL will get the death penalty is due to their prior charges, level of cooperation, current charges, evidence, and they just don't like being embarrassed by repeat offenders.

6 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Never hurts to have a backup plan. You know a bunch of schools will be going after these kids.

I made this comment in another thread, but I wouldn't want anything to do with these kids.  Sign them and then later learn they're no better than Bowen.  No thank you.

Former IU target we lost to AZ a few years back - hmmmmmm.
Jeff Borzello‏Verified account @jeffborzello 
Arizona sophomore Rawle Alkins underwent surgery on Wednesday to repair a fractured bone in his foot. He will miss 8-12 weeks, per release.

Ouch. Hard not to be skeptical of all things right now. Arizona is right in the thick of things.

Wow from multiple preseason number 1 predictions to where they stand now.

Wonder how Sean's works is affecting Archie right now.

Ouch. Hard not to be skeptical of all things right now. Arizona is right in the thick of things.

Who knows, hopefully since he's still out on the recruiting trail that means he won't let it effect his work.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

By all appearances the family is very close so it's got to be having an effect on Archie.    An Andy Miller's name keeps cropping up in the investigation and I wish the various published accounts would make an effort to say that he's not related to Sean and Archie.

No. 1 R.J. Barrett won't take his scheduled visit to Michigan this weekend. The Wolverines are no longer an option, sources told ESPN.

1 hour ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

No. 1 R.J. Barrett won't take his scheduled visit to Michigan this weekend. The Wolverines are no longer an option, sources told ESPN.

Acxording to ESPN, we have interest in him but haven't offered. Archie said: No money son. 

Arizona, Baylor, Kansas, DUKE, UK, MIZZOU, UCLA offered. I reeaaaaallllly hope they all get busted, leaving us as king of the new clean recruiting empire.