Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

17 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

That is much better than the JUCO school that he said he had planned on going to.

I was under the impression that he's still playing this year at the JUCO. I don't think Mo St. has a scholarship for him to sit out this year. Haven't seen direct confirmation of this though. 

1 hour ago, goonaha said:

I was under the impression that he's still playing this year at the JUCO. I don't think Mo St. has a scholarship for him to sit out this year. Haven't seen direct confirmation of this though. 

Hopefully he stays in shape and doesn't just eat corn dogs and fried snickers bars at State Fair CC. 

56 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

David McCormack 6'9" 290lbs C verbals to Kansas as CB has suggested for weeks.

Comp #39. 247 #26

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No surprise his crystal ball was 100% Kansas. 

1 minute ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Go ahead and buckle up ladies and gents. It ain’t over yet

bc18969272cbaa6b7ba483ac4f52bb67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sealed charging documents are very likely "Informations". Informations are federal charging documents that signify cooperation and a plea that will be unsealed at a later date.

Hahahahahahaha  BYE PITINO

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/06/06/louisville-basketball-rick-pitino-cards-loaded-length-athleticism/373875001/

"In my 40-some-odd years of coaching, this is the luckiest I’ve ever been," Pitino said. "I won the Kentucky Derby with my friend (Always Dreaming owner Anthony Bonomo) winning it, and now this is much better. My friend wouldn’t think so, but I do."

Though the Cards weren't considered contenders for Bowen at the time, Pitino watched Bowen last season in La Lumiere's rout of New Albany High School, which features top U of L 2018 target Romeo Langford. Pitino said he got a recent call from Bowen's AAU coach if the Cards would be interested in him, and clearly they were.

Pitino called Bowen "a great ball-handler, terrific passer, outstanding shooter and great scorer" who understands how to play the game.

Pitino described Bowen, who goes by the nickname "Tugs," as "like a 6-7½ -inch version of Luke Hancock, except a little better athlete."

"He’s a terrific young man," Pitino said. "He has terrific parents, and he won the national championship this year at the prep-school level and playing an unbelievable schedule. They beat the great team from Indiana who won the state championship by 25 or 30 points. He was one of their better basketball players, and I watched him play. It fell into our lap, and we got very lucky, and every once in a while, you need a little luck."

14 minutes ago, Toothdr said:

Wow!!! How does this all reflect on the NCAA? Proves how ineffective and useless they are when it comes to college athletics.

The NCAA doesn't have the power to use wire taps, issue subpoenas, etc. FBI can.

Weirdest day of my life as a huge fan of college basketball. Curious to see what tomorrow holds.

Agree. College basketball is by far my favorite sport to follow and for it to be at the front of he line with the dirty secrets being revealed is a bad look and makes me sick. While long term this will be good the sport in the short term it's a black eye for the sport and as you said what will tomorrow bring. Regardless of what happens moving forward I will be there watching and on here posting. Weird day for hoops junkies

Coaching fraternity friendships are going to be thrown out the window on this one and it will be every man for himself.  Won't at all be surprised to see the assistants named today to start throwing other names at the FBI.   More than one pundit has described today as merely the tip of the iceberg.   At least for the time being, it's nice to know that the B1G has stayed out of the mess.

8 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Coaching fraternity friendships are going to be thrown out the window on this one and it will be every man for himself.  Won't at all be surprised to see the assistants named today to start throwing other names at the FBI.   More than one pundit has described today as merely the tip of the iceberg.   At least for the time being, it's nice to know that the B1G has stayed out of the mess.

I think the songbirds have already started singing, the FBI raided Andy Miller's office yesterday afternoon. From everything I have read, the total charges against those arrested yesterday could result in 80 year sentences (not likely with plea deals and such). Someone is going to sing, just a matter of time.

I would guess that most of us knew that this stuff with shoe companies, coaches, and recruits went on. I would also guess that most of us didn't think THIS is how it would start to get cleaned up. Going to be a very interesting time for CBB.

I would guess that most of us knew that this stuff with shoe companies, coaches, and recruits went on. I would also guess that most of us didn't think THIS is how it would start to get cleaned up. Going to be a very interesting time for CBB.

For me? It's kind of the opposite.
I always suspected that these things went on, but didn't know for sure. However, I always firmly believed that if it was going on, the only way to clean it up would be through recorded conversations, not through a regulatory agency like the NCAA that could only look at the situation historically, through document examination and interview.

For me? It's kind of the opposite.
I always suspected that these things went on, but didn't know for sure. However, I always firmly believed that if it was going on, the only way to clean it up would be through recorded conversations, not through a regulatory agency like the NCAA that could only look at the situation historically, through document examination and interview.

Maybe I should have started with "those of us with little federal investigation knowledge." Lol In all seriousness, I'm enjoying your insight into all of this.