Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

The state of Carolina is going to be on fire on NYE. 

Not really they both lost a road conference game with 17 more conference games to play. I'm sure the kids will get back to campus and have fun like college kids do and not give 2 craps about losing one game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Not really they both lost a road conference game with 17 more conference games to play. I'm sure the kids will get back to campus and have fun like college kids do and not give 2 craps about losing one game

That is true they will all be fine.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18383584/duke-blue-devils-coach-mike-krzyzewski-strips-captaincy-suspended-grayson-allen

Being a captain is a privilege and not a right and clearly K thinks his actions don't warrant the privilege and rightfully so.

Edited by OliviaPope40

I'm not sure where to put this so I'll just drop this little tidbit in here.

I'm currently hanging out with a girl who went to Kentucky for her undergrad, so needless to say she's a pretty big UK fan. It's funny though because she openly admitted that UK basketball players get all kinds of gifts and benefits just because they play basketball.  Among them, she said their new players-only dorm always has 2 Escalades available exclusively for the players' private use, and hardly any of them do their own homework. A guy friend of hers was a player's "tutor" which pretty much meant he had to do the homework and essay papers for 2 players he was assigned to, and that he was incredibly honored to get to do that.

Nothing too earth-shattering nor anything we didn't already suspect, but I just had to laugh when she told me that.

Someday I hope we get to watch them burn.

29 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

I'm currently hanging out with a girl who went to Kentucky for her undergrad, so needless to say she's a pretty big UK fan. It's funny though because she openly admitted that UK basketball players get all kinds of gifts and benefits just because they play basketball.  Among them, she said their new players-only dorm always has 2 Escalades available exclusively for the players' private use, and hardly any of them do their own homework. A guy friend of hers was a player's "tutor" which pretty much meant he had to do the homework and essay papers for 2 players he was assigned to, and that he was incredibly honored to get to do that.

Nothing too earth-shattering nor anything we didn't already suspect, but I just had to laugh when she told me that.

This happens everywhere, Kentucky is just able to take it to the next level with their funding and boosters.

One of my friends mom would hand out stacks of target gift cards to IU Bball players under Davis and Sampson. Bracey Wright got a brand new sports car the moment he showed up on campus.

back to UK tho, I recall a story where Ryan Harrow was seen leaving the U.K. Facilities with a couple briefcases allegedly stuffed with cash...

I think a missed recruit from last year that would of been a huge get that no one is talking about missing is jaylen Fisher. At one time we made up some ground and looked strong with him. Watching tcu this year even as a freshman he probably would of been our best option at point guard

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I think a missed recruit from last year that would of been a huge get that no one is talking about missing is jaylen Fisher. At one time we made up some ground and looked strong with him. Watching tcu this year even as a freshman he probably would of been out beat option at point guard

Without a doubt.

Was just talking about this type of situation tonight. When, if ever is some going to pull a Jose Conseco and write a book about all that is wrong with college athletics??????

2 hours ago, hsrtxp said:

Was just talking about this type of situation tonight. When, if ever is some going to pull a Jose Conseco and write a book about all that is wrong with college athletics??????

Good doc on Netflix called "Schooled"