Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Who all did they lose from last year's team? I thought they would be near the top of the Big Ten again. 

They lost 4 starters. Stone, Laymen, Carter and Suiliamon. 

Didn't they get Nickens or another guard back from a season ending injury though?

The B1G is looking rough. Is it possible to put together one of those crazy 16-2 or so type seasons? I've been watching some B1G teams trying to find the game we'll dump this season. I'm thinking it's either at Minny or Ill.

22 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Didn't they get Nickens or another guard back from a season ending injury though?

The B1G is looking rough. Is it possible to put together one of those crazy 16-2 or so type seasons? I've been watching some B1G teams trying to find the game we'll dump this season. I'm thinking it's either at Minny or Ill.

Nickens played last year, you're thinking of Dion Wiley who is back. They also have a really strong freshmen class. No big time 5* guys, but Huerter, Jackson and Covan are good. But, you don't lose 4 starters without a drop off. 

I went and watched Butler play and not by choice but I thought they looked good although some could use some work. Right now they are 18th in the polls and I think they will move up 2 spots. They will probably give us a good game and they have everybody back from last years team minus Roosevelt Jones and Kellen Dunham. I still hold a grudge from letting a walk on beat us.

I actually won't be surprised if Butler beats us. They're a well coached team who doesn't make many mistakes and plays smart basketball aka true Indiana basketball. They always seem to get up for us just like most Indiana schools as a lot of players wanna show Indiana what they're missing out on. I called it before the Ft Wayne game we'd lose to Fort Wayne and Butler but beat UNC, Kansas, and Louisville. Hope I'm wrong but I just have a bad feeling about that game especially without OG or a banged up OG. Gonna have to play perfect basketball versus Butler to win that and we're still very young so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I went and watched Butler play and not by choice but I thought they looked good although some could use some work. Right now they are 18th in the polls and I think they will move up 2 spots. They will probably give us a good game and they have everybody back from last years team minus Roosevelt Jones and Kellen Dunham. I still hold a grudge from letting a walk on beat us.

I'd really love it if McRoberts hit a game winner against Butler, so long as it didn't mean injuries to have him on the court.

7 hours ago, bellj833 said:

I actually won't be surprised if Butler beats us. They're a well coached team who doesn't make many mistakes and plays smart basketball aka true Indiana basketball. They always seem to get up for us just like most Indiana schools as a lot of players wanna show Indiana what they're missing out on. I called it before the Ft Wayne game we'd lose to Fort Wayne and Butler but beat UNC, Kansas, and Louisville. Hope I'm wrong but I just have a bad feeling about that game especially without OG or a banged up OG. Gonna have to play perfect basketball versus Butler to win that and we're still very young so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I think we have a better chance vs UL then Butler. Hopefully we get both.

IU vs Butler - without OG, I'm worried.  With OG, I'm less worried.   I'll be sitting in the Butler section with my Butler grad daughter and her Butler grad husband.  This game is all about family bragging rights for the next 12 months!

IU vs Butler - without OG, I'm worried.  With OG, I'm less worried.   I'll be sitting in the Butler section with my Butler grad daughter and her Butler grad husband.  This game is all about family bragging rights for the next 12 months!

Butler is REALLY good. We will have to limit turnovers and be efficient. Our last two games have shown me that we can play as a driving team just as well as we can from behind the 3 point line.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 hours ago, CR3AMnCR1MS0N said:

I'd really love it if McRoberts hit a game winner against Butler, so long as it didn't mean injuries to have him on the court.

While I'll take any win we can get against another top 25 team, I'd rather see us stomp Butler proving we're a legit top 5 team.