Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Not changing is ok also. It won't hurt anyone. People won't stop watching if it stays the same

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No. But I'd say a lot of Indiana fans are scared as hell of change. Especially when it comes to the uniforms. To be they honestly haven't meant anything in my lifetime. They are from a time before me. Freshmen coming in were born in like 97' or 98'. Probably should have been retired a long time ago. So that these style are remembered for a time of titles rather than mediocrity. You say "tradition" but kids now see what has happened in their lifetime. Robert Johnson is a great example. He had ZERO clue about Indiana's "tradition" before going on campus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

No. But I'd say a lot of Indiana fans are scared as hell of change. Especially when it comes to the uniforms. To be they honestly haven't meant anything in my lifetime. They are from a time before me. Freshmen coming in were born in like 97' or 98'. Probably should have been retired a long time ago. So that these style are remembered for a time of titles rather than mediocrity. You say "tradition" but kids now see what has happened in their lifetime. Robert Johnson is a great example. He had ZERO clue about Indiana's "tradition" before going on campus.

I never said "tradition". I'm going to go out on a limb here and say a recruit hasn't chosen a school based on how a jersey looks. One would hope they will choose a destination based on the best basketball decision and not on how w jersey looks. If someone was more worried about how a jersey looks or concerned with what shoes someone should wear I suggest listening to this kid

I never said "tradition". I'm going to go out on a limb here and say a recruit hasn't chosen a school based on how a jersey looks. One would hope they will choose a destination based on the best basketball decision and not on how w jersey looks. If someone was more worried about how a jersey looks or concerned with what shoes someone should wear I suggest listening to this kid
[/url]

Sent from my iPhone using
BtownBanners

Tradition is always the reason fans bring up. But what tradition? What has happened in the last decade? Last 2 decades?

The same thing that would have happened if iu had new fancy under armor or Nike gear or new uniforms

We now have stars on the shorts. I don't think UA does anything special. I think their jerseys just fit differently. Nike does the backs on all of their jerseys in basketball I think. But I am sure Adidas could do something. Would be sweet to see the script Indiana used like the football helmets have started using.

Our uniforms set us apart, they're different from what you see today.  There's nothing wrong with that.  I'm on board with an alternate that's used a coupe times a year for something different or minor changes to the current uniform, but I don't want our uniforms to look like everything else you see ala the Nike sweat stain.

Indiana basketball hasn't been anything special on the court in 20 something years, that doesn't meant the uniforms have to change just to change.  If they made an on court difference I could see the argument, but they don't.

Our uniforms set us apart, they're different from what you see today.  There's nothing wrong with that.  I'm on board with an alternate that's used a coupe times a year for something different or minor changes to the current uniform, but I don't want our uniforms to look like everything else you see ala the Nike sweat stain.

Indiana basketball hasn't been anything special on the court in 20 something years, that doesn't meant the uniforms have to change just to change.  If they made an on court difference I could see the argument, but they don't.

Even an alternate would be nice. Kansas does that actually. It'd look sweet with Indiana. But either Adidas has tried and was denied... or somehow haven't thought about it.
3f14a16e1bc6ed22a22fc4152f386dc0.jpg

Because change is okay. It won't hurt anyone. People aren't going to stop watching. Some nice, new, fresh uni's would be nice and retire the current look. We would just have to pray that Adidas could come up with something nice and something that no one else will have.

There was a huge outcry of disproval from the alumni base when the football team went to the black helmets and jerseys during the Randel El era. So change can hurt, especially the school.

There was a huge outcry of disproval from the alumni base when the football team went to the black helmets and jerseys during the Randel El era. So change can hurt, especially the school.

Those were really ugly. And black doesn't belong. I could see gray being used and look okay though. Not a dark gray though.

[/url]

Sent from my iPhone using
BtownBanners

I saw this video too and immediately looked at the brand SUV he is sitting in. Those in glass houses kid

3 hours ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I didn't know where to really ask this but where can I find IU vs Louisville basketball tickets ??

Someone on ITH said they bought theirs from L'ville's site. Not available anywhere else yet.