Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Every company is has made some ugly uniforms.  Nike has made some ugly ones, and UA has made some as well; I specifically remember a football uniform they made that never should've seen the light of day (or gotten the designer drug tested).

You take the best offer.

Sure everyone has put out ugly uniforms but who does it with consistency? Adidas. Adidas continues to lose ground in basketball in the US. It is a soccer brand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

The last thing of Adidas I bought was 2012. I bought the crazy lights. $100. Should have been $5. They were more fragile than DRoses knee. First back cut and ripped the mesh on the sides. Those were worse than the garbage they hand out to high school teams.

The last thing of Adidas I bought was 2012. I bought the crazy lights. $100. Should have been $5. They were more fragile than DRoses knee. First back cut and ripped the mesh on the sides. Those were worse than the garbage they hand out to high school teams.

My Crazy Lights never did that. You must make some superhuman cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

20 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

My Crazy Lights never did that. You must make some superhuman cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Or he just got a pair that was the shoe equivalent to a 'lemon' car, which could happen to any company.

I've had Adidas last just as long as any other shoe, and I've had Nike's fall apart.  At the end of the day they're probably made in the same sweat shop.

Or he just got a pair that was the shoe equivalent to a 'lemon' car, which could happen to any company.

I've had Adidas last just as long as any other shoe, and I've had Nike's fall apart.  At the end of the day they're probably made in the same sweat shop.

The only Nikes I won't buy are the Max Air or whatever they are. Once they pop they're worthless. All the Adidas pro teams they give to HS's are awful. My LeBrons are amazing. My Curry's are amazing. Best shoe I ever had were my DWade Cons. The same ones he wore in the 06 Finals.

Still have my Adidas running shoes I bought four years ago. They're still in great shape, fit right, and are clean.

My Adidas golf shoes along with specialty socks make my feet feel like great sex in my shoes. My Adidas golf shirts and shorts are still in great shape and have lots of different designs and colors.

My IU Adidas gear is awesome. My candy stripes still need to be hemmed though. My other gear is still in great shape.

I had Adidas running shoes that I put hundreds of miles on training for a marathon. They were still in great shape before I turned them into trail shoes.

What was the point of this post again? Oh, that IU uni above looks sick!

Especially if you bought it at the lemon lot. Amiright Alaska?

Sadly this is true of a lot of things. I've had some expensive ties and shirts not hold up while some cheapies I bought in a pinch are still around.

More my fault, I'm terrible with sunglasses. A pair of $5 aviators from the International Market won't break not can I lose them. A pair of Arnettes that cost $100 break within a few months.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Especially if you bought it at the lemon lot. Amiright Alaska?

Sadly this is true of a lot of things. I've had some expensive ties and shirts not hold up while some cheapies I bought in a pinch are still around.

More my fault, I'm terrible with sunglasses. A pair of $5 aviators from the International Market won't break not can I lose them. A pair of Arnettes that cost $100 break within a few months.

I was running in gym class back in high school and had the sole come off a Nike.

No company is immune to things like that.

Still have my Adidas running shoes I bought four years ago. They're still in great shape, fit right, and are clean.

My Adidas golf shoes along with specialty socks make my feet feel like great sex in my shoes. My Adidas golf shirts and shorts are still in great shape and have lots of different designs and colors.

My IU Adidas gear is awesome. My candy stripes still need to be hemmed though. My other gear is still in great shape.

I had Adidas running shoes that I put hundreds of miles on training for a marathon. They were still in great shape before I turned them into trail shoes.

What was the point of this post again? Oh, that IU uni above looks sick!

They're running shoes are fine. It is their basketball stuff where they just can't keep up.

I was running in gym class back in high school and had the sole come off a Nike.

No company is immune to things like that.

I had a pair of stupid expensive Footjoy golf shoes that the sole came off during an extremely rainy round. I then bought a pair of Nike golf shoes at the clubhouse for the back nine. I had those for nine holes before replacing them. Why would you ever make black golf shoes? Why in the heck would I ever buy black golf shoes?!

15 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I had a pair of stupid expensive Footjoy golf shoes that the sole came off during an extremely rainy round. I then bought a pair of Nike golf shoes at the clubhouse for the back nine. I had those for nine holes before replacing them. Why would you ever make black golf shoes? Why in the heck would I ever buy black golf shoes?!

There comes a point when you're literally only paying for the name on the shoe, and not the shoe quality.  That's true in anything.  A $5,000 Gibson Custom guitar isn't 5x the guitar of a $1,000 Gibson, it might be 2x and the rest if for the word 'Custom'.

With shoes being much less expensive that will be true at a lower point.  I highly doubt a $200 pair is twice the shoe as a $100 pair.

There comes a point when you're literally only paying for the name on the shoe, and not the shoe quality.  That's true in anything.  A $5,000 Gibson Custom guitar isn't 5x the guitar of a $1,000 Gibson, it might be 2x and the rest if for the word 'Custom'.

With shoes being much less expensive that will be true at a lower point.  I highly doubt a $200 pair is twice the shoe as a $100 pair.

The grip on my LeBrons are much different than those of a $100 shoe. Those cost me $175. But it may just be how those shoes are made.

Adidas made a power move to revive its brand. We will be fine. Shoe company influence is a real thing but not as big as most believe. I'd say the influence is most powerful for the top 3-5 players in the country.

What power move? Getting dumped by the NBA and getting the NHL?

True, it's not like the material they're using is that much different. UA came out with some crazy cool sweat sickening material and now every company has some form of it. I used to only buy those really thin UA workout shirts but recently bought a few Adidas workout shirts (IU included) and they feel great. I like the different options of light and heavy material. I'm sure UA has the same options in similar material too.