Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Random but our record against B1G team since the 11-12 season not including the B1G tourney.

Illinois: 5-2

Iowa: 6-2

Maryland: 2-1

Michigan: 6-2

Michigan State: 3-6

Minnesota: 5-3

Nebraska: 4-3

Northwestern: 4-2

Ohio State: 5-3

Penn State: 6-2

Purdue: 5-3

Rutgers: 3-0

Wisconsin: 2-5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Former #iubb guard Yogi Ferrell with 46 points in the Knox Indy Pro Am at Jonathan Byrd's Fieldhouse in Westfield.

Wow! I guess he hit a few shots.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

The only thing I don't like about this post is "former"

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Gregg Marshall loses his mind during an exhibition game in Canada:

http://deadspin.com/wichita-state-basketball-coach-gregg-marshall-flips-the-1785085882

At one point he has a creepy grin on his face then pumps a fist on the way out. Dude doesn't look mentally stable... Good that he stood up for his players though.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

At one point he has a creepy grin on his face then pumps a fist on the way out. Dude doesn't look mentally stable... Good that he stood up for his players though.

Hard to take someone seriously while they're wearing cargo shorts too.

4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Gregg Marshall loses his mind during an exhibition game in Canada:

http://deadspin.com/wichita-state-basketball-coach-gregg-marshall-flips-the-1785085882

Wichita State suspends coach Gregg Marshall for exhibition game

• "I visited with Coach Marshall this morning to inform him that he is suspended for this afternoon's final exhibition game in Canada," interim athletic director Darron Boatright said in a statement. "While I understand the competitive spirit that accompanies coaching, there remains a standard of professional behavior that is inherent in a position of leadership that we all must meet. That standard was not met last night."

Marshall was hit with a pair of technicals Tuesday night and was ejected from the contest against McGill University. He was then restrained by several players and assistant coaches while trying to get to one of the officials. Wichita State trailed 58-56 at the time of his ejection. The Shockers won the game 77-71.

Earlier Wednesday, Marshall told ESPN that he was frustrated with the manner the game was called by the officials.

"There were players with stitches, concussions, not keeping score accurately, a bloodbath, then touch fouls on us," Marshall told ESPN's Andy Katz. "I'm not happy nor proud of the reaction but when is enough, enough? I want my players to know I've got their back. Once ejected, I wanted the ref to know exactly my impression of his work."

In a statement released by the school, Marshall said he accepted the university's decision to suspend him.

"I fully accept the decision of the athletic department and the University," Marshall said in a statement. "As a program we expect to represent Wichita State University in a manner in which we can all be proud of, on and off the court. Last night, in my attempt to stand up for, and protect, my team I fell short of those expectations. I will gladly sit out tonight's game in hopes that a lesson can be learned that it's not just about doing the right thing, but doing it the right way."

35 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Wichita State suspends coach Gregg Marshall for exhibition game

• "I visited with Coach Marshall this morning to inform him that he is suspended for this afternoon's final exhibition game in Canada," interim athletic director Darron Boatright said in a statement. "While I understand the competitive spirit that accompanies coaching, there remains a standard of professional behavior that is inherent in a position of leadership that we all must meet. That standard was not met last night."

Marshall was hit with a pair of technicals Tuesday night and was ejected from the contest against McGill University. He was then restrained by several players and assistant coaches while trying to get to one of the officials. Wichita State trailed 58-56 at the time of his ejection. The Shockers won the game 77-71.

Earlier Wednesday, Marshall told ESPN that he was frustrated with the manner the game was called by the officials.

"There were players with stitches, concussions, not keeping score accurately, a bloodbath, then touch fouls on us," Marshall told ESPN's Andy Katz. "I'm not happy nor proud of the reaction but when is enough, enough? I want my players to know I've got their back. Once ejected, I wanted the ref to know exactly my impression of his work."

In a statement released by the school, Marshall said he accepted the university's decision to suspend him.

"I fully accept the decision of the athletic department and the University," Marshall said in a statement. "As a program we expect to represent Wichita State University in a manner in which we can all be proud of, on and off the court. Last night, in my attempt to stand up for, and protect, my team I fell short of those expectations. I will gladly sit out tonight's game in hopes that a lesson can be learned that it's not just about doing the right thing, but doing it the right way."

Like a coach who stands up for his guys.

I love how he tried the walking away, saying "I'm cool, I'm cool" trick then went back into attack mode.

It didn't work per usual.

I used that once but ended up punching a brick wall. It totally sucks when your friends are completely sober and they see what you're going to do 30 seconds before you do it.