Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Memphis is a hot bed for high school and AAU players. They manage to keep many of them in the home city.

Didn't Calapari coach there ? Hum !

Yep... both right and I don't think the apple falls too far from the tree.. I'm not sure Josh is half the coach of Cal, so we will see how long it continues ...

And I don't think Cal is a great coach, but he's great at marketing and getting great players to live the dream $$$$...and play within his system. It's amazing how he can gets those Kids to buy into playing those minutes and sharing the glory... I'll give him props for that.

And I don't think Cal is a great coach, but he's great at marketing and getting great players to live the dream $$$$...and play within his system. It's amazing how he can gets those Kids to buy into playing those minutes and sharing the glory... I'll give him props for that.

He built a system and promotes his kids. Gets free publicity every year at the draft supporting his guys. Kids take notice. Meanwhile Crean has 2 top 10 in the same draft and couldnt show up. Huge opportunity lost there.

his team wasn't playing that well last year but when it came time to put up or shut up in the tournament he got them to play. Have to give some coaching credit there I have my doubts crean could have done it.

I can't argue with Cal results, but he's so fake it makes me want to throw up. He gets results with great talent and gets them to play together. I'm not sure his coaching allowed Harrison to hit big shot after big shot last year, but maybe it was. I guess he did coach good enough to get his talent a chance at the end.

At this point, I'm not comfortable arguing what I think Coach Crean can accomplish.

. He's definitely a good coach. He's got all time great coaching ability but he's also a disingenuous slimeball and shameless self promoter.

. He's definitely a good coach. He's got all time great coaching ability but he's also a disingenuous slimeball and shameless self promoter.

I agree with the disingenuous, slime ball and shameless self promoter. I would say he's a good coach that will most likely have a great record. But from a strictly coaching standpoint he coaches great defense with great athletes/players and coaches dribble drive with the same great athletes/players (making them all mesh together is where he shines). At the end of the day, I guess win/loss will be the best indicator of his "greatness" (and that’s a pretty good barometer to use). Of course only time will tell, if he gets to keep all his W...

I'm basically agreeing with you....