Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Trimble knows how to sell it better to be honest

I feel the opposite... I feel Yogi tries to sell too much!!! Don't get me wrong I am not saying anything bad about Yogi because he is truly one of my favorite all time... but I do see a habit of trying to sell fouls so often that I beleive the refs miss the real fouls because they are assuming he is trying to do a sell job...

I know Russel (OSU) & Trimble (Maryland) try to sell and do that stupid head flinging but they are freshmen and the refs honestly don't have as much experience with them... many of the same refs have been reffing games with Yogi for 3 years now....

BJ Anya with 6 blocks at Carolina and he aint going anywhere anytime soon. Hindsight 20/20.

Except he is averaging 20 minutes a game and averages 4pts….
He maybe a be a better defensive presence than Perea but only averages 1 more block than Hanner. Perea has him beat in every other stat category though

I feel the opposite... I feel Yogi tries to sell too much!!! Don't get me wrong I am not saying anything bad about Yogi because he is truly one of my favorite all time... but I do see a habit of trying to sell fouls so often that I beleive the refs miss the real fouls because they are assuming he is trying to do a sell job...
I know Russel (OSU) & Trimble (Maryland) try to sell and do that stupid head flinging but they are freshmen and the refs honestly don't have as much experience with them... many of the same refs have been reffing games with Yogi for 3 years now....

I've witnessed the head fling in person and it's bad. I agree with you in most respects, except if someone tries to sell it too much I think they're not selling it right so that's why I said Trimble sells it better or to the right extent.

Of course, I wasn't comparing to HMP. I was comparing getting NV for 1 year vs BJ for 4 years.

NV had better numbers in one year than BJ has had in two years combined (and probably all 4). Anya was out of shape all his first year and didn't seem to care and still puts up bad numbers this year.

[attachment=1751:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1425000423.382876.jpg]

Really don't get how stuff like this doesn't get called. The B1G has the best home court advantage because refs simply don't call the game evenly. I've watched a little bit of both the Minn-MSU and Neb-O$U games. The officiating has been terrible putting it politely.