Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Stan and Troy suspended for failed drug tests..

Yeah, I know, I meant that the Troy and Stan didn't fail tests this weekend. The drug screens were administered at some point between Canada and now...?

Happened over the summer and was to be announced in a few days. Shit hit the fan and it leaked.

Any of our legal experts around here care to weigh in on this?  Is this a "private" drug test that wouldn't necessarily get reported to the courts under any other circumstance, so it doesn't matter since he wasn't actually caught by the police?  Or will the court be compelled to respond to all of this?

I guess that's me. It's a private drug test. It may inspire whomever is overseeing his probation to administer one of their own, but on it's own it shouldn't affect anything. 

I mentioned in another thread that I was going to write about Crean's contract from a legal perspective, but now i want to give this a day or two to percolate. I did not expect another big thing like this so quickly. The short version is, yes, I think that with this there is likely "cause". I can't imagine what will happen to the program if it's exercised, but a lot of the "grey" that I would have wiggled in is gone.

I hope the students give it to all the suspended players when they see them walking around campus.

Wouldn't be surprised if they do. Sad fact is the campus has turned on the basketball team. Everyone loves IU ball but it's generally accepted that they are shitty people.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Really not surprised. Didn't both fail tests last year with little to no punishment? How much should we take as Indiana fans before enough is enough. Some saw the writing on the wall a long time ago; others are just seeing it now. Just shameful which is what I have said at about everything related to this coach.