Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Stan and Troy suspended for failed drug tests..

Someone leaked the failed drug tests now even though they happened months ago----what was their motive?  To hurt Crean and the program?  Or to help Crean and the program get the players' attention by invoking the condemnation of former players and Hoosier Nation on them?

It doesn't matter now---but you have to hope the players have been embarrassed enough to never want to do it again.

This. I think this is a big deal for a lot of IU fans. Crean came in to the program repeating his "clean it up" jargon, but when it comes to fessin' up with his own team's flaws he has held back. That rubs people the wrong way. I have good reason to think that there have been other failed drug tests that have been that we haven't know about. I won't mention names. I'm not saying the fans need to know everything about the program, but don't make us out to be fools with our heads in the sand.

Also have to think it is unlikely Troy and Stan will be allowed to remain on team with future/ repeated violations---but also likely Crean knows his position may be in jeopardy as well.  Kids are going to slip up but when it becomes common and repeated---then Coach is responsible for "lack of institutional control" (to borrow a term from NCAA).

I think that's why the administration stepped in also---- to make sure all parties are fully aware of future consequences.

It's over and time to move on----look forward to watching Troy and Stan and Holt on and off the Court to see if they get it and the lesson has been learned.  Again---I sure hope so!

This. I think this is a big deal for a lot of IU fans. Crean came in to the program repeating his "clean it up" jargon, but when it comes to fessin' up with his own team's flaws he has held back. That rubs people the wrong way. I have good reason to think that there have been other failed drug tests that have been that we haven't know about. I won't mention names. I'm not saying the fans need to know everything about the program, but don't make us out to be fools with our heads in the sand.

I think we have a right to know. Maybe not all the little stuff, but if anyone is suspended for any reason, but especially drugs, it would raise a lot of questions. Crean needs to just come clean with this. We’ll support the honesty a lot more/easier than the secrecy.

On a bit of a side-note for our players or young posters:

If you have been caught participating in illicit activities, be honest and up front with your parents/guardians. They have your best interests in mind and will go to battle for you to the bitter end. Do not lead them out on a limb by fudging the facts, e.g. telling your mother you didn't get caught trying to use a fake ID or telling your mother "somebody must've slipped something in the hookah". (C'mon man!) Do not compound forgivable mistakes by lying about them. You may be worried your mistake COULD disappoint your loved ones, but the lying WILL definitely disappoint them. Don't let your cover up be worse than the crime!

On a bit of a side-note for our players or young posters:

If you have been caught participating in illicit activities, be honest and up front with your parents/guardians. They have your best interests in mind and will go to battle for you to the bitter end. Do not lead them out on a limb by fudging the facts, e.g. telling your mother you didn't get caught trying to use a fake ID or telling your mother "somebody must've slipped something in the hookah". (C'mon man!) Do not compound forgivable mistakes by lying about them. You may be worried your mistake COULD disappoint your loved ones, but the lying WILL definitely disappoint them. Don't let your cover up be worse than the crime!

And, for the love of G-D, if you like smoking pot in college and successfully become a superstar from Indiana? Maybe, fight for legalization? I mean, at this rate, Indiana is going to be the last state in the union. Though, if it's a legitimate blunt the body has ways of shutting that thing down. 

On a positive note---I loved the energy Troy and Stan brought to the game.  Great D.

On a couple plays you could tell Troy was about to jump out of the stadium---man he can sky!  :biggrin:

Hope that translates into a lot of rebounds as we go forward!

I gotta agree. Troy seemed to find a spot on the baseline a couple of times, and really sparked the offense.

I think we have a right to know. Maybe not all the little stuff, but if anyone is suspended for any reason, but especially drugs, it would raise a lot of questions. Crean needs to just come clean with this. We’ll support the honesty a lot more/easier than the secrecy.

I'm not sure Crean would have come clean on Stan and Troy if Goodman had not broke the story first. Think that forced his hand.

Didn't have anything at all to do with it!  They were gonna sit and had known it for months.

I agree. Would Crean have said "Yo' dawgs! These boys been smokin' the reefer!" to explain them sitting? No. No program handles failed drug tests that way. He would have said "lack of focus" or something like that, everyone would have known what he really meant, and we would have moved on. That's how schools deal with these things, not through people leaking them of their own accord.