Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Stan and Troy suspended for failed drug tests..

Pitino was a horrible NBA coach; so was Calipari. Larry Brown had is best success at Kansas. What do they have in common? NCAA chamionships. The logic just doesn't compute and my facts prove it. Put any of the above I mention as head coach and they will succeed far greater than Crean. They bled for IU; but the biggest reason is they know what it takes to get to the next level and recruits are listening. And, Stevens would come. We take that 12 mil buyout we now dont have to pay and use it for Stevens. Even Boston knows its his dream job.

Eh, at least with Woodson I feel most would be beyond livid with his offensive scheme. To call it uncreative would be generous to say the least

Pitino was a horrible NBA coach; so was Calipari. Larry Brown had is best success at Kansas. What do they have in common? NCAA chamionships. The logic just doesn't compute and my facts prove it. Put any of the above I mention as head coach and they will succeed far greater than Crean. They bled for IU; but the biggest reason is they know what it takes to get to the next level and recruits are listening. And, Stevens would come. We take that 12 mil buyout we now dont have to pay and use it for Stevens. Even Boston knows its his dream job.

To compare Smart, Wittman, and Woodson to Calipari, Brown, and Pitino is laughable. They aren't even close. None of the first three have ANY experience as a head coach in college. Have no sense of recruiting. Calipari, Brown and Pitino all had success before and after going to the NBA. Plus Larry Brown had success in the NBA with multiple teams. What you stated are not facts. They are your opinion. Stevens won't leave

Eh, at least with Woodson I feel most would be beyond livid with his offensive scheme. To call it uncreative would be generous to say the least

This may be true, but many weren't overly impressed with the motion either. I'm not saying we would have the same results, but I'm just saying. Would a Bo Ryan offense be acceptable if we were winning at an 80% clip?

This may be true, but many weren't overly impressed with the motion either. I'm not saying we would have the same results, but I'm just saying. Would a Bo Ryan offense be acceptable if we were winning at an 80% clip?

True about the winning. I just remember watching the Knicks led by Woodson, which was pretty much, "Hey Melo here is the ball go do something." Or JR Smith chucking shots at a stupid rate

To compare Smart, Wittman, and Woodson to Calipari, Brown, and Pitino is laughable. They aren't even close. None of the first three have ANY experience as a head coach in college. Have no sense of recruiting. Calipari, Brown and Pitino all had success before and after going to the NBA. Plus Larry Brown had success in the NBA with multiple teams. What you stated are not facts. They are your opinion. Stevens won't leave

Yes its my opinion and very perceptive since none have coached college basketball. To help, NBA success doesn't translate into college success or vice versa. So you stating since they didn't have success at your expected levels means they won't at the college level. It doesn't translate to both levels of basketball; ie college to high school. Stevens, our next coach, is finding this out.

Yes its my opinion and very perceptive since none have coached college basketball. To help, NBA success doesn't translate into college success or vice versa. So you stating since they didn't have success at your expected levels means they won't at the college level. It doesn't translate to both levels of basketball; ie college to high school. Stevens, our next coach, is finding this out.

I understand you. But if Woodson, Smart and Wittman weren't former players, they would NEVER be considered for a job of this level. Looking at it from a pure coaching angle, it doesn't look good. They would only get considered because they went here. I didn't say they wouldn't have success in college. Im just saying that they have done terrible in the NBA so they just don't seem like good options to me. 

I understand you. But if Woodson, Smart and Wittman weren't former players, they would NEVER be considered for a job of this level. Looking at it from a pure coaching angle, it doesn't look good. They would only get considered because they went here. I didn't say they wouldn't have success in college. Im just saying that they have done terrible in the NBA so they just don't seem like good options to me. 

Wittman was a former player.

This is my first post probably in a month or two. I'm just over the ridiculousness with this team, which has done nothing but suck. I'm sure Crean is as frustrated as anyone, but he can go whenever and I won't cry about it. I feel sorry for him, his players don't care that they're costing him HIS JOB! And, for the Troys, Stans, Holts, Davis', Yogis on the team you haven't accomplished ANYTHING. Your teams are going down with those of the Mike Davis era, or maybe Sampson. Welcome to being associated with Bracey Wright and JeMarcus Ellis. Bracey may have shot too much, but at least the guy didn't embarrass us off the court. I am confident 99% of IU fans would be thrilled with more Watfords, Hulls, Creeks, etc. Bring back the walk-ons from the baseball team who give a crap about wearing the candy stripes. That new passing of the candy stripes "tradition" should be banned from midnight madness until kids actually earn them.

Brad Stevens signed a 6 year contract worth way more than he would receive here. All reports point to him being happy in Boston. Woodson, Wittman, and Smart, while great hoosiers, have been terrible coaches in the NBA. Woodson had a good season or two. Wittman had a decent season last year and thats been his best year in the NBA. None of those options you mentioned would be better than we are now. Stevens just isn't happening, people need to get over that already

Stevens's salary is only $500k more than Crean's base salary. It's a pretty surmountable difference.

I thought he said wasn't.

Nah, he said if they weren't former players they would never be considered for this position. 

So basically the only reason they're names are getting tossed around is because they are former players

Nah, he said if they weren't former players they would never be considered for this position. 

So basically the only reason they're names are getting tossed around is because they are former players

Ah I see all I did was I just misread it.

True, but the examples you used to show they would succeed had already had quite a bit of success before going to the NBA. It was known what they could do. How is it known the 3 former players who have not had success at this level like your examples will be better than what we have?