Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
CampHoosier

Eyewitness Testimony from a Passenger

I was going to say the same thing...the skull itself is a very tough bone and with a lot of blood flow so healing is pretty fast...the brain though...is tricky...he might be so concussed that his migraines, balance, neuroreceptors and a host of other items will bother him forever...kind of like a veteran after being in a IED explosion...maybe you’d walk away from the actual explosion, but the brain bashing last a long while, if not permanent

Agreed. Also, Devin staying in Bloomington and not needing to be airlifted to Indy is a positive sign.

Can anyone provide insight as to possibly why he was on a ventilator? Is this precaution taken with all head injuries or was he struggling to breathe? It worries me that he might have had loss of oxygen to his brain. 

The wording of this tweet is very odd...

Source wanted to make clear that Davis was NOT hit as soon as he got out of car. Instead, car circled back around and him him at full speed.

Hopefully/probably. Poorly worded is an understatement. I'd almost say it's irresponsibly worded. The implication is that the car essentially did a circle and ran him over.  

Yeah. I don't want to accuse the guy of saying something he didn't mean. But the wording of his tweet has completely different meaning than everything else we've gotten so far

My guess would be an injury to the medulla, a part of the brain stem which regulates breathing and heart rate. Very serious.

Conceivable, but unlikely.  It's hard for that to happen without the patient being DOA.  And the reported return to consciousness this early would be against it.  My guess is that the ventilator was required for pulmonary reasons; remember Davis was described as having "internal injuries".

My guess is Devin was trying to scare Holt and the passengers by making like he was going to jump in front of the car...except he got too close. It was Halloween so it's not out of the ordinary to play a prank on a friend. These things happen but hopefully it teaches them a lesson to be more careful next time.

My guess is Devin was trying to scare Holt and the passengers by making like he was going to jump in front of the car...except he got too close. It was Halloween so it's not out of the ordinary to play a prank on a friend. These things happen but hopefully it teaches them a lesson to be more careful next time.

This is exactly what I was expecting to hear after hearing initital reports about Davis coming back to the path of the car.

Yeah. I don't want to accuse the guy of saying something he didn't mean. But the wording of his tweet has completely different meaning than everything else we've gotten so far

That's the problem with twitter, facebook and the modern media. People think you can say anything you want without regard to accuracy or how it sounds, and they can just go back and fix it or blame it on a misunderstanding, later.

Just have to say, as a senior in high school (close to the same age as Davis) I did the exact same thing. The two differences were; 1. It was in my high school parking lot (slower speed) and 2. The only damage was to the FM antenna of the car belonging to my friends parents. I was lucky. We all (mostly) think we're invincible when we're young because nothing has ever really hurt us. It's only later we see how lucky we were/are. I don't even remember my original point, just calm down.

p.s. Yes, punishments for these infractions should be more severe than, "You miss the exhibition games"...