Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Devin Davis injured/Emmitt Holt cited for DUI

As a PR person by trade, and one that did PR in professional sports for 5 years, that's a terribly worded statement. I'm sure the media relations staff wrote that for him, and all it does is raise more confusion than anything.

What do you mean?

Everything I've heard about Holt says that this is the kind of kid that would actually take accountability for his actions.

Because there are two different "incidents" here. There's the car accident, which was determined to not be his fault, and then there's the underage drinking, which is his fault. The statement is very open-ended and not specific. We all pay attention to the details because we follow these things daily, but most don't.

I'm sure he feels horrible that Davis got hurt and he was behind the wheel, but the statement makes it sound like he's admitting fault for an accident that was deemed to not be his fault. I just think they could have worded that much better.

What do you mean?
Everything I've heard about Holt says that this is the kind of kid that would actually take accountability for his actions.

Holt...allegedly drinks alcohol...to the extent that exceeds underage limits that puts him at .025

Holt ...hits teammate with car...to the extent that hospitalizes teammate...although teammate is to blame

Holt...allegedly fails drug test...

that's quite a first 6 weeks for the young man...

hell...that's a movie script in Las Vegas...

I don't think Holt failed a drug test. I think his suspension is for the underage drinking.

Holt...allegedly drinks alcohol...to the extent that exceeds underage limits that puts him at .025
Holt ...hits teammate with car...to the extent that hospitalizes teammate...although teammate is to blame
Holt...allegedly fails drug test...

that's quite a first 6 weeks for the young man...
hell...that's a movie script in Las Vegas...

Because there are two different "incidents" here. There's the car accident, which was determined to not be his fault, and then there's the underage drinking, which is his fault. The statement is very open-ended and not specific. We all pay attention to the details because we follow these things daily, but most don't.

I'm sure he feels horrible that Davis got hurt and he was behind the wheel, but the statement makes it sound like he's admitting fault for an accident that was deemed to not be his fault. I just think they could have worded that much better.

Thanks for clarifying. Almost makes me think he had more to do with the writing of it then. If I was him, I wouldn't give a crap about the legal issue, just what I did to my friend.

Hoping and praying for a quick and full recovery for Devin. And hopefully this situation goes a long way towards waking up these kids. One stupid act in a moment of weakness can cause a lifetime of grief. Let this be a "wake up moment", and the first step in a long process of healing and maturity.

I really don’t know what Davis and many other sports celebrities think when they do act like these. Not only it impacts their career but also lose respect and honour among their fans. I have worked with a Los Angeles DUI attorney and have seen at times how multiple DUIs can destroy careers of so many people.