Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Devin Davis injured/Emmitt Holt cited for DUI

Prayers and well wishes to both of these young men and their families for a speedy recovery. That being said, I am afraid that this does fall sqarely on the coach and his staff. For those of you who say that a coach is not responsible for his players at all times, I say this. When you are part of a team that has a strong disciplinarian as the head coach, you know what is expected of you a ALL times. There is never a time that you don't put team before I in any situation. It is sad to me that this is what not only this program, but a vast majority of programs have become over the years. This is not just an IU problem, but a society problem as well. Young adults these days have a "me" mentality for the most part. The days are gone of working towards a common goal as a unit for the betterment of the whole. Its about what can I get right now. I know, a lot of the less experienced on here will say that I am just an old fart, and out of touch with todays reality. But all you have to do is look around at sports landscape. Its not about team anymore. Its about me. Johnny Manziel, Cam Newton, the kid at Georgia who's name escapes me at this moment. Looking at the facts that we have rt. now. These guys had a scrimmage the next day. They should not have been out drinking the nt before. I feel very sad for them, but if they had not put themselves in that situation, none of this would have happened. Its all about accountability. That is something that I believe that this particular staff just doesn't seem to teach, or at least if they do, they show no consequences after the fact. When we talk during the season about them playing undisciplined and having 20 turnovers a game. That is a direct reflction of what the players expectations are off the court as well.

Prayers and well wishes to both of these young men and their families for a speedy recovery. That being said, I am afraid that this does fall sqarely on the coach and his staff. For those of you who say that a coach is not responsible for his players at all times, I say this. When you are part of a team that has a strong disciplinarian as the head coach, you know what is expected of you a ALL times. There is never a time that you don't put team before I in any situation. It is sad to me that this is what not only this program, but a vast majority of programs have become over the years. This is not just an IU problem, but a society problem as well. Young adults these days have a "me" mentality for the most part. The days are gone of working towards a common goal as a unit for the betterment of the whole. Its about what can I get right now. I know, a lot of the less experienced on here will say that I am just an old fart, and out of touch with todays reality. But all you have to do is look around at sports landscape. Its not about team anymore. Its about me. Johnny Manziel, Cam Newton, the kid at Georgia who's name escapes me at this moment. Looking at the facts that we have rt. now. These guys had a scrimmage the next day. They should not have been out drinking the nt before. I feel very sad for them, but if they had not put themselves in that situation, none of this would have happened. Its all about accountability. That is something that I believe that this particular staff just doesn't seem to teach, or at least if they do, they show no consequences after the fact. When we talk during the season about them playing undisciplined and having 20 turnovers a game. That is a direct reflction of what the players expectations are off the court as well.

To be honest, no one cares who is to blame. We're worried about Devin, his family, Emmitt and the rest of the team.

This is my first comment on this situation because I don't know all of the facts. I will say however that I hope DD has a speedy recovery. Also, hope that E Holt is alright mentally. I'm sure he is having a tough go as well.

I have been praying for these guys!
Get well soon fellas!

Couldn't disagree more

I am not sure how you can disagree. However, that is a discussion for another day. Lets just hope these young men and the families can recover so that it will not affect the rest of their lives. I am sure that is something we can all agree on.

That would be fine. Captains are leaders are they not?

then the captain would have to exemplify it. Steve Alford's book about IU, he said they practiced so hard all they wanted to do was go bCk to the dorm and sleep.

I can't see Yogi exemplifying a curfew. NZ3 is somebody I could see doing it. But, maybe he doesn't have enough pull on the team yet.

then the captain would have to exemplify it. Steve Alford's book about IU, he said they practiced so hard all they wanted to do was go bCk to the dorm and sleep.

I can't see Yogi exemplifying a curfew. NZ3 is somebody I could see doing it. But, maybe he doesn't have enough pull on the team yet.

What is it that you know about NZ that tells you he would or wouldn't do anything

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I am not sure how you can disagree. However, that is a discussion for another day. Lets just hope these young men and the families can recover so that it will not affect the rest of their lives. I am sure that is something we can all agree on.

True. That is what takes top priority in all of this. Hopefully both of these guys can come out better and stronger people from this and can learn from this past incident. 

Can you share more info---VO5?

I'm not exactly sure how to link the tweet, but it says, "The captain has turned on the fasten seat belt sign." I'm not trying to speculate but chronic is pretty connected to the program I believe.

Not sure if it has anything to do with this situation, but chronic hoosier's last tweet is a little concerning

I'm not exactly sure how to link the tweet, but it says, "The captain has turned on the fasten seat belt sign." I'm not trying to speculate but chronic is pretty connected to the program I believe.

Or it could mean he's on a flight and has to turn off his phone for a while.

People look WAY too much into things.

Not sure if it has anything to do with this situation, but chronic hoosier's last tweet is a little concerning

it is about an article written by the star, that is talking about the players liking CTC and if they did why does this stuff keep happening. He is stating it is not about liking but respect