Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Devin Davis injured/Emmitt Holt cited for DUI

Thanks for not using a thread for support of our players for your views. Let's focus.

I feel for them both. It's awful to be in either position, I hope Devin has a swift recovery. I know the longer he is in pain from this, the worse the both of them, and the entire team is going to suffer. It's not easy to be in situations where you cause people you really care about to be hurt.

Just wait for the facts---there's plenty of time to play the blame game.

Everyone is different---but I subscribe to the "old school" line of thought-----unless they provided the alcohol or were in the car with them or had some kind of knowledge about what was going on---you don't blame their mom or their dad or what phase the moon is in or even their Coach.  These are young men who know right from wrong and they alone are responsible for their actions.  No Coach or mom or dad can be with a college kid 24/7 to prevent all incidents.  After we know the facts---then the mom, dad, Coach, and the Justice system will have to deal with those facts. A Coach is responsible for his reaction to those facts and for the discipline/punishment he hands out and can be criticized about that if it is viewed as too lax or too stern. 

Until then---wait for the facts and pray for the kids involved.  Right now-- I bet DD's family could care less about the blame game---I bet their focus is on their son's health and recovery.  And you know what---that's exactly where our focus should be too!

Prayers to DD and his family and to Holt and his family.  

On the court effects: (not trying to be insensitive, just thinking basketball

We are down to 8 players. Max went from being a fringe player 3-5 minutes a game to a very necessary player after this. Also, Burton and Ritchie may get playing time.

1. Yogi
2. Blackmon
3. Ziesloft
4. Troy
5. Hanner
6. Stan
7. Rob
8. Max

9. DD-injured and hopefully recouping
10. Holt-who knows?
11. Hartman-injured and subpar
12. Priller-We'll find out soon
13. April-Injured

Here's my issue, when do you hear of multiple alcohol related incidents with players at; UK,MSU, or Duke? Sure, class might not be attended, but they're staying out of trouble with the law. If Knight were here, would players who got OWI's and in law trouble not be in BIG trouble with the team (assuming they're still on it) ?? Cream doesn't enforce rules, yogi and hammer should have been made examples of, suspensions. Crean is spineless.

You mean how MSU players were caught stealing and alleged rapes. Or how about Dukes own poster boy Reddick was charged with DWI. Or how about UKs assistant coach Rod Strickland and their athletic trainer got caught. This happens everywhere. Let's not kid ourselves. Teenagers always drank and will continue to drink underage.

Students reporting seeing a man (Devin) on the side of 17th street laying in dirt. Blood coming from his head. The fact that Crean said "Next 48 hours are critical" worries me a lot. Head injuries can be as mild as headaches for a week or something more permanent. I don't blame Devin or Emmitt. Seems like one of those things that had to have everything go wrong all at once. I really hope all of you students who read this board will take care of your friends tonight. It doesn't matter what the situation is, make sure you get everyone home and make sure they are okay. 

I was mad at disappointed at the situation until I read your post. Now I just can't believe there is someone who roots for the same team as me that can take a bad situation and make it about their own arguments. You are an *******. I don't care if I get banned or warned. There's a time and place and it isn't now. So glad Devin's injury supports your anti-Crean narrative. How convenient.

I feel bad for Devin and his family and hope he has a fast recovery. Believe it that we root for the same team. Your blatant violation of forum rules should get you your wish, but discipline here just like our team mostly goes unpunished as I have been called worse by other regulars. To think these infractions aren't related to the program and its head coach is certainly something you and those other posters never want to discuss. Just like Creans post game pressors.

Crean needs some momentum the other way.

The situation between RMK and that student that led to his firing was really not a fire able offense on its own. But when added to growing angst from the admin, some alumni and the president it became the final straw.

Even without trying to judge things because we do not have enough information this has obviously been a day where negative momentum is building.

Not sure where the positive momentum will come from but it seems this situation has to have some sort of turn that will help. If not, wins alone may not be enough right now.