Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Devin Davis injured/Emmitt Holt cited for DUI

Again, if the scenario I laid out ends up being true (I don't know if it is or not, but it's certainly plausible) then I don't even understand what you're talking about.

You're clearly not looking for a discussion, so I'll bow out at this point.

I sure do believe Crean's lost the program. I don't care under what circumstances the accident occurred. It did; it was alchohol related and its the third one of this year. Who polices this? The head coach does, and its his job to make sure it stops. The players must have missed the dui and under age charges from last year since we're right back at it. The buck starts and stops with Crean like it or not. He fails miserably on and off the court. His terrible coaching always stuck out now he can't even handle the players on or off the court. Momentum is here to send him packing and I say bye bye.

[quote name="HoosierSadaseci" post="96225" timestamp="1414872841"]Either Crean has no influence over his players in how they should conduct themselves and their activities off the court, or we have some very foolish players. 3 times within a year now, come on, you can't be serious.[/quote) Crean has lost the program period. He has no influence off the court or on it. On it he can't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. Off it he can't keep his players from making dumb decision after dumb decision. Can't blame the players. They have no senior leadership thanks to Crean plus they have watched Hanner, Yogi, and Stan get in very little trouble for alchohol offenses. Plus the alledged toking done last year with little consequences. Nine newcomers to the program this year and normally 5/6 every year kills the continuity in leadership and wins. And Crean does this by his own hand. We have become the laughingstock of the B1G in almost every way now thanks to him yet many still want to give him a pass. His own words say he's worried about Holt where he should be kicked off the team. Our terrible post prescence just became worse. It will be interesting to hear Glass' comments considering what happened at Michigan. Wonder if he will tell us to go root for another team like some of our apologists here? Best wishes Devin for a speedy recovery.

I was mad at disappointed at the situation until I read your post. Now I just can't believe there is someone who roots for the same team as me that can take a bad situation and make it about their own arguments. You are an asshole. I don't care if I get banned or warned. There's a time and place and it isn't now. So glad Devin's injury supports your anti-Crean narrative. How convenient. 

A little more Info from Bloomington Police:

At approximately 12:45 a.m. this morning, the Bloomington Police Department investigated a single car traffic accident involving a pedestrian at 17th and Indiana Avenue near IU Athletics facilities.
Information gathered at the scene indicates that the driver of a white 2012 Jeep Liberty, Emmitt D. Holt, 18, had just dropped off a passenger, Devin L. Davis, Jr., 19, in the parking lot of Memorial Stadium on the IU campus. According to the driver and other witnesses in the vehicle, Holt then exited the parking lot to travel west on E. 17th Street. For reasons unknown, all witnesses indicated that Davis then entered the roadway and was struck by the front passenger side of Holt’s vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was located near the passenger side front fender and windshield.
Upon the arrival of emergency personnel, Davis was located lying on the north side of E. 17th Street. He was unconscious and had a head injury. Davis was transported to IU Health Bloomington Hospital and his current injury status is unknown.
The driver, Emmitt D. Holt, had been consuming alcohol, but was not intoxicated. He was issued citations for Illegal Consumption of Alcohol (Misdemeanor) and for Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol Under Age 21 (Infraction).
No additional information is available at this time.

This story has a major gap in it. This isn't your "car accident happens, passenger not wearing seatbelt ejected from vehicle." This is bizarre in so many ways. I know that right now DD is fighting his injuries, but we haven't heard about HIS BAC. 

I'll say this much. After the loss @ Minnesota last year, the team flew home and were back in Btown by....1 AM. Two of the knuckleheads on the team that have been mentioned FREQUENTLY in this thread arrived at my house at around 2 AM. They both took at LEAST 5 pulls from a bottle of vodka. They were offered rides home. They declined. One of them drove. Neither was 21 at the time.

Right now the most important thing is the health of Devin. However, there is ABSOLUTELY an issue with the discipline of the program. It is sad because, like some have mentioned, the basketball kids are kings on the campus and can really go about getting a ride from anyone with ease. There are probably 20,000 kids on the IUB campus that would LOVE to get the chance to give a ball player a sober ride. Instead, things like this happen.

Say it aloud - one teammate ran another teammate over with a car on Halloween night. It's just unfathomable to have this happen. 

Yes, there is a problem with the culture surrounding the program.

Care to say more?  Is this in reference to Emmitt?  Only reason I ask is because IIRC, you're a student, seems like you may know things.

These two are into partying here at IU, but what IU athlete isn't you know?lol

I'm not surprised because nothing has been going our way off the court it seems. 

I heard this news and my first reaction was no--no--no--this can't be true!

My first reaction was not to blame the Coach.  There will be plenty of time for some of you to blame the coach later!

First things first---pray for the players involved and their families.

Next--wait for the actual facts to come out before rushing to judgment.

Third---regardless of the facts---blame the Coach because that is literally all some of you can do anyway

I am sick for the players and the program because we can't seem to catch a break lately. A key injury and the potential involvement of 2 of our 3 best frontcourt options is not good news. Pray and wait for facts and news.  Hopefully---this will not be as bad as it seems right now.

I heard this news and my first reaction was no--no--no--this can't be true!

My first reaction was not to blame the Coach. There will be plenty of time for some of you to blame the coach later!

First things first---pray for the players involved and their families.

Next--wait for the actual facts to come out before rushing to judgment.

Third---regardless of the facts---blame the Coach because that is literally all some of you can do anyway

I am sick for the players and the program because we can't seem to catch a break lately. A key injury and the potential involvement of 2 of our 3 best frontcourt options is not good news. Pray and wait for facts and news. Hopefully---this will not be as bad as it seems right now.

I agree

http://thebalconyseats.blogspot.com/2014/11/in-my-opinion.html

Anyone who honestly believe college isn't both for learning and the social experience is either choosing to be ignorant or blind to the truth. Good god this is all such bullshit. Pray for Davis and pray for Holt. Stop trying to tear everyone associated with the program down when they are already at their lowest point.

The truth is that because of college kids enjoying the "social experience" we've now had three incidences of players being involved in something that by law is illegal, and now one player is in serious condition. I'm sure DD's family understands though since it was a part of the college social experience that he was hurt.