Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Devin Davis injured/Emmitt Holt cited for DUI

I have no idea what happened but hasn't anyone ever jokingly revved your engine at someone passing in front of the vehicle? Hell, I do that all the time sober. I can imagine this being the case but Holt forgot he was in gear. Hits the gas. You know how it plays out from there.

Thoughts and prayers to Devin for quick healing and thoughts to Holt as well. I'm sure he's beside himself as it seems like a freak accident.

And before the blame gets put on Crean, these guys need to have some freakin accountability. Crean can't be there to babysit 24/7. They're in college...they're going to party, but if they don't know by now not to drive drunk (underage on top of that) then that's a character issue. Sure, Crean can avoid low-character kids, but these guys never come off as low-character except when they do dumb s**t like this. Above all, I hope Devin is ok though. This day sucks.

First and foremost, my prayers for Devin.

Second, underage drinking isn't a character issue. My problem with Crean on this is he never made the players accountable. Hanner should have been suspended at least, period. He basically got away with it. Same for Yogi and Stan. This "handling in house crap" is just that. Make the kid run extra laps and forget it. If the players saw REAL punishment to Hanner things may have been different.

I have no idea what happened but hasn't anyone ever jokingly revved your engine at someone passing in front of the vehicle? Hell, I do that all the time sober. I can imagine this being the case but Holt forgot he was in gear. Hits the gas. You know how it plays out from there.

Thoughts and prayers to Devin for quick healing and thoughts to Holt as well. I'm sure he's beside himself as it seems like a freak accident.

I could see something like this being the case. From the quote in the press release there is a supportive tone towards Emmitt who I'm sure feels worse about the incident than anyone.

Second, underage drinking isn't a character issue. My problem with Crean on this is he never made the players accountable. Hanner should have been suspended at least, period. He basically got away with it. Same for Yogi and Stan. This "handling in house crap" is just that. Make the kid run extra laps and forget it. If the players saw REAL punishment to Hanner things may have been different.

Hanner was suspended FYI

I can't believe this actually happened and to a certain extent it is on Coach Crean.  

Well clearly it was an accident and I'm sure he feels horrible. For his sake, I hope DD doesn't have any long term health defects or this will haunt Holt forever even though it was an accident

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hanner was suspended, for 2 games.  Although I thought it should've been more than that.

And holy friggin' crap.  How many alcohol related incidents have we had in the past year, counting arrests?  4?

Per Wikipedia, the distinction between fair, serious and critical. I'm not a med expert, but if I understand correctly, he probably was conscious which is a positive.

Fair
Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.

Serious
Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is seriously ill. Indicators are questionable.

Critical
Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.

Thoughts are with Devin and Emmitt. Don't really understand the point of comments made regarding who is responsible... you know, there are some things that you just can't explain. This event is not related, in any way, to other incidents with players in the past. Emmitt was not intoxicated.

I hope Devin pulls through, or it is going to get ugly.

Alright, so the DUI portion is just a formality of the law, anyone can operate a vehicle with a .025 BAC. As someone said earlier, this has to be a situation of two kids messing around and making a terrible mistake. I pray Davis is ok, and that Holt isn't written off for making an extremely stupid mistake.

Right now, who gives a **** whether Crean is responsible or not for this. He's with Davis and told ESPN via text that he has been since the incident and that it's going to be a "Big 48 hours". The team needs to rally and fight through this and support each other. Both Davis an Holt need the support...

Of course we have hearts and minds on these kids.  This however is idiotic.  This should never happened after the Hanner incident. Period. You lay down the law when it comes to issues of drinking and driving. Others lives could have easily been involved.  I let go of it the first time, second time I get ^$^$^.  It should have not come to this.