Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kilroy

2nd half predictions

The pessimist in me sees 4 losses: @OSU, @MSU, @MINN, and @Michigan.

The optimist in me see 2 losses: @OSU and @ Michigan.

So I'm going with three losses to finish 14-4 in the BIG.

Unfortunately, I only see three chances for Michigan to lose: @Wisc and @MSU, and IU@home.

So likely Michigan will also finish 14-4. 

So who gets the 1 seed?

Isn't Ohio State 1-5 or something like that against Top 25 opponents this season? Also, the team will probably have an extra motivation because of last years debacle at Ohio State. I honestly don't see IU losing at Ohio State and Minny is reeling so for now I'll say that should be a win. I believe we'll lose once or twice the rest of the way, but I'm also a super optimist when looking at Indiana basketball and the Big Ten is incredibly hard to win in so who knows what will happen. The team will work extremely hard to maintain number 1 status the rest of the season.

IU: 9-2 (4 tough left: @MSU, @Minn, OSU, @Mich) predict 14-4

MSU: 9-2 (5 tough left: Mich, IU, @OSU, @Mich, Wisc) predict 12-6

Mich: 8-3 (3 tough left: @MSU, MSU, IU) predict will finish 13-5

Wisc: 8-3 (3 tough left: @Minn, OSU, @MSU) predict 13-5

OSU: 7-4 (5 tough left: @Wisc, Minn, MSU, @IU, Ill) predict 11-7

Looks like I have IU winning BIG outright

I would love it if this happened

I would love it if this happened

Or it will come down to that final game at Michigan. Both will probably be 13-4 going into that game. I just have IU winning.

Every game in B1G is tough :)

@Hoosier93: trying to come up with another term, but failing. Possible losses?

Updated prediction:

IU: 10-2 (4 tough left: @MSU, @Minn, OSU, @Mich) predict 14-4 (predicting losses @MSU and @Mich)

MSU: 10-2 (4 tough left: IU, @OSU, @Mich, Wisc) predict 14-4 (predicting losses @OSU, @Mich)

Wisc: 8-3 (3 tough left: @Minn, OSU, @MSU) predict 13-5 (predict losses @Minn, @MSU)

Mich: 8-4 (2 tough left: MSU, IU) predict will finish 14-4 (predict no more losses)

OSU: 7-4 (5 tough left: @Wisc, Minn, MSU, @IU, Ill) predict 12-6 (predict losses @Wisc, @IU)

All of a sudden, see a three way tie. Not sure how that happened with Michigan being blown out, I just see them responding well to that.

After watching the way this team played on the road against OSU, a tough place to play, I think there is no reason not to believe that IU can't win their last three road games. I expect them to win at Minnesota, I know UM and MSU are tough places to win, but I think this team can do it. Am I predicting they will win all 3? No, is it possible if the same team that showed up at OSU shows up the text of the way? Yes. I for one, am enjoying this ride.

"I. Teams shall be seeded No. 1 through No. 12 in the tournament bracket based on the final regular-season Conference standings.

II. A team's seed shall correspond to its regular-season finish (i.e., the champion shall be the No. 1 seed, the runner-up the No. 2 seed, etc.).

III. Teams that finished Nos. 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the regular-season shall receive a "bye" on the first day.

IV. In case of a tie for any place finish in the regular-season standings, the following tie-breaking procedure shall be followed in order to seed teams in the tournament bracket:

A. Two-team tie:

1. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular-season.

2. Each team's record vs. the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings (or in the case of a tie for the championship, the next highest position in the regular-season standings), continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

a. When arriving at another pair of tied teams while comparing records, use each team's record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to their own tie-breaking procedures), rather than the performance against the individual tied teams.

b. When comparing records against a single team or a group of teams, the higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group are unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1, but 2-0 is not better than 1-0).

3. Won-loss percentage of all Division I opponents.

4. Coin toss conducted by the Commissioner or designee.

B. Multiple team tie:

1. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular-season. a. When comparing records against the tied teams, the team with the higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group are unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1, but 2-0 is not better than 1-0).

b. After the top team among the tied teams is determined, the second team is ranked by its record among the original tied teams, not the head-to-head record vs. the remaining team(s).

2. If the remaining teams are still tied, then each tied team's record shall be compared to the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings, continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

a. When arriving at another pair of tied teams while comparing records, use each team's record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to their own tie-breaking procedures), rather than the performance against the individual tied teams.

b. When comparing records against a single team or group of teams, the higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group are unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1, but 2-0 is not better than 1-0).

3. Won-loss percentage of Division I opponents.

4. Coin toss conducted by Commissioner or designee."

Source- http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111011aae.html

so then it would be MSU #1 for going 2-0 against Wisconsin (as the 4th seed) as all three teams would have same head to head results of 3-3. IU would have the #2 for 2-0 against OSU (5th seed) because Michigan would be 1-1 against OSU.

Other than having the title of Big Ten Champions it really doesn't seem that there will be a difference in where the top three teams are seeded. I don't feel that there is really any difference in playing any of the teams from 7-12 and then it will probably just come down to the winner of the tournament gets the one seed and the other two get two seeds unless Duke or Florida gets upset in their tournament. In all honesty, I'd probably rather play that two three game just so we don't have to mess with Wisconsin again Not that we wouldn't beat them, just would rather avoid if possible. Saying that, this is all for naught if we just go out and handle our business over these last six games and take five.

Next big game between the top contenders is Sunday at 1:00 between OSU @ Wisc. Predicting a close one, with Wisconsin pulling it off.  It will be a hard one to watch since Wisc. plays such a boring style.

Updated for Monday, February 18th:

IU: 11-2 (4 tough left: @MSU, @Minn, OSU, @Mich) predict 14-4 (predicting losses @MSU and @Mich)

MSU: 11-2 (4 tough left: IU, @OSU, @Mich, Wisc) predict 15-3 (predicting loss @Mich)

Wisc: 9-4 (3 tough left: @Minn, OSU, @MSU) predict 13-5 (predict losses @Minn, @MSU)

Mich: 9-4 (2 tough left: MSU, IU) predict will finish 14-4 (predict no more losses)

OSU: 8-5 (4 tough left: Minn, MSU, @IU, Ill) predict 11-7 (predict losses MSU, and @IU)

With OSU falling down fast, looks like Tuesday's game between IU and MSU could decide #1 in B1G.

Updated for Monday, February 18th:

IU: 11-2 (4 tough left: @MSU, @Minn, OSU, @Mich) predict 14-4 (predicting losses @MSU and @Mich)

MSU: 11-2 (4 tough left: IU, @OSU, @Mich, Wisc) predict 15-3 (predicting loss @Mich)

Wisc: 9-4 (3 tough left: @Minn, OSU, @MSU) predict 13-5 (predict losses @Minn, @MSU)

Mich: 9-4 (2 tough left: MSU, IU) predict will finish 14-4 (predict no more losses)

OSU: 8-5 (4 tough left: Minn, MSU, @IU, Ill) predict 11-7 (predict losses MSU, and @IU)

With OSU falling down fast, looks like Tuesday's game between IU and MSU could decide #1 in B1G.

I think we'll beat Michigan at their place, they have been reeling lately, they had to battle back against a terrible penn state team yesterday, so I think they are on the decline, MSU will be very tough but if vic is healthy I'm optimistic and if zeller can stay tough down low against nix