Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
hothoosiersmom5

Dunk Contest at Hoosiers Hysteria

Nate winning the dunk contest is an upset but Max winning the 3 point contest isn't much of an upset. In a contest between Nate, Troy and Hanner, Nate wins 1/10 times, I would say max's odds to win the 3 point contest is much greater.

I can't wait to see what these guys put together this year and together is key. Troy helping Hanner underneath is going to be key

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah, great new tradition, and maybe it was just the video and was different live, but I wished they did a better job of introducing the former players.

I also like the new tradition, but sadly didn't recognize some of the ex-players. Who was the guy with his hat on backwards? Wish they would have announced them.

They had former players attend and "present" all the new players with their candy striped pants. It's was one part cool and one part a bit cheesy IMO.

What's the new tradition?

Yeah, great new tradition, and maybe it was just the video and was different live, but I wished they did a better job of introducing the former players.

True that on the last part. I didn't know any of the guys that didn't introduce themselves.

Per ITH:

"The ceremony included former players Matt Nover, John Laskowski, Gary Long, Greg Graham, Todd Leary, Errek Suhr, Jamaal Meeks and Jerry Memering, who each handed a pair of the pants to the nine first-year Hoosiers: Nick Zeisloft, Max Hoetzel, Nate Ritchie, James Blackmon Jr., Robert Johnson, Ryan Burton, Jeremiah April, Tim Priller and Emmitt Holt."

http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/10/25/notebook-new-tradition-begins-at-hoosier-hysteria/

That's a good tradition. I would have given them their first in game home jersey and show the significance of having no name on the back.

Looks like you're in agreement with Dan Dakich. He was bashing the whole candy stripes thing saying that players around his time didn't care at all about the pants, just the jerseys.
He apparently declined being in the candy stripe video for that reason.