Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
coachmayhew

Hoosier Hysteria Role Call

Didn't see last year, but this seems like a pretty quiet crowd.

That's what my brother and I were discussing during the scrimmage. A lot calmer in there tonight compared to what I've seen in the past.

Did anyone else think that CTC seemed pissed off/irritated tonight?

Yeah i noticed that too. he was very subdued tonight. it was odd

my group observed the same thing...he wasn't wearing his normal IU gear and was very distant with the crowd and Sage...almost rude to her about the candy stripe pants...I've been to about 10 of these and this was the most subdued I've seen it..and where was the band

my group observed the same thing...he wasn't wearing his normal IU gear and was very distant with the crowd and Sage...almost rude to her about the candy stripe pants...I've been to about 10 of these and this was the most subdued I've seen it..and where was the band

Probably pissed about Bryant and his string of recruiting blunders. Lol. I am only half serious, don't attack me!

Holt has a presence that I really like. Davis has better speed than last year. Communication is good on teams. Troy's vertical is crazy! I know it's just a scrimmage but I like the tenacity.

I only came out impressed with Blackmon Jr and Yogi. Blackmon Jr proved that he is going to score in bunches. I'm not sure how many points he officially had, but from what I was counting, he was close to 20 during the scrimmage. This team is going to be able to score, which was a huge struggle last year. It was only a scrimmage so Im not putting too much stock into a few of the guys looked rusty

I only came out impressed with Blackmon Jr and Yogi. Blackmon Jr proved that he is going to score in bunches. I'm not sure how many points he officially had, but from what I was counting, he was close to 20 during the scrimmage. This team is going to be able to score, which was a huge struggle last year. It was only a scrimmage so Im not putting too much stock into a few of the guys looked rusty

This was going to be my takeaway point. Everyone argues with "rankings" and that they don't "mean" much but our best players were:

5* Yogi, Blackmon

Followed by

4* Troy, Rob, Stan Hanner.

Anyone actually surprised, and want to argue that all these 2 star/3 star recruits have potential and what not????

We need 5 and 4 star players. Case and point!

How does this year's crowd compare to previous years? Not just in numbers attending but in level of excitement?

The bottom was full and a few people in the balconies.It was a bit more subdued than in years past.

No chants for recruits as usual.

As far as player observations ,I think its going to be extremely hard to keep RoJo out of the lineup.Really aggressive  on defense,Quick into the lane and strong to the rim.Sees the floor really well and is a great shooter as advertised .Big Ten Body already.I like the looks of him. Little Z is going to prove doubters wrong also I believe.As far as JBJ goes think Jay Edwards.

This was going to be my takeaway point. Everyone argues with "rankings" and that they don't "mean" much but our best players were:

5* Yogi, Blackmon

Followed by

4* Troy, Rob, Stan Hanner.

Anyone actually surprised, and want to argue that all these 2 star/3 star recruits have potential and what not????

We need 5 and 4 star players. Case and point!

Except I would argue that Zeisloft played more of a role in the scrimmage than Troy did tonight. Troy kind of disappeared during the scrimmage. Holt handled himself well down low. He blocked a few shots. Devin Davis also did a fine job. Zeisloft, Holt, Davis were 2/3 star players and did fairly well. I definitely understand what you mean but I think in certain situations this year players like Hartman and Hoetzel can even come in and make shots. Of course the majority of scoring will come from players who WERE 4 and 5 stars coming out of college. But the players who were ranked lower showed something tonight as well

i think may be he's making an effort to be a little less over the top.There's been a lot of talk about his manic personality.I kind of liked the fact that he backed off a little tonight.Just an opinion and not wanting to start a love/hate Crean debate.

As soon as Crean came out, I looked to my friend and said how pissed Crean looked. He was tense during the whole event and especially so during the scrimmage. To be honest with you all, this was a major letdown. There wasn't any excitement and the whole night was awkward with lengthy moments of silence. If I was a recruit, I would have been incredibly underwhelmed. Not trying to be negative at all but that's what I took away from the night.

Agree Kepner---After Yogi and JBJ---I thought the lower ranked guys stole the spotlight tonight.  Max wins and Z3 is 2nd in the 3 point contest and Nate Ritchie wins the dunk contest and none of them are 4 and 5 star players.

I even thought Ritchie was solid in the scrimmage---Priller came in and immediately drilled a 3--Holt had some moments and nice blocks. I was shocked at Hartman being able to play as well as he did post-injury.

I was happy to see Hanner look more polished this year--a little disappointed with Troy as he was solid but I expected more---Stan and RoJo and DD were solid.

Looks like a very good year in the making! That backcourt of Yogi and JBJ is going to be awesome---better enjoy it while we can!

Except I would argue that Zeisloft played more of a role in the scrimmage than Troy did tonight. Troy kind of disappeared during the scrimmage. Holt handled himself well down low. He blocked a few shots. Devin Davis also did a fine job. Zeisloft, Holt, Davis were 2/3 star players and did fairly well. I definitely understand what you mean but I think in certain situations this year players like Hartman and Hoetzel can even come in and make shots. Of course the majority of scoring will come from players who WERE 4 and 5 stars coming out of college. But the players who were ranked lower showed something tonight as well

Yeah, agree.

Just making a point.

I think Devin, Zeisloft, Holt, Hoetzel are legit. I don't know why, but I really like Hoetzels long term potential. Seems to have a Stauskus thing about him. Not on that level but similar.

I don't think Hartman pans out.

Just saying WE NEED our CORE to be made up of 4 and 5 star players to be national contenders unless we hit the lotto like Butler/Wichita State.

No surprise to me who the best players are.

Yeah, agree.

Just making a point.

I think Devin, Zeisloft, Holt, Hoetzel are legit. I don't know why, but I really like Hoetzels long term potential. Seems to have a Stauskus thing about him. Not on that level but similar.

I don't think Hartman pans out.

Just saying WE NEED our CORE to be made up of 4 and 5 star players to be national contenders unless we hit the lotto like Butler/Wichita State.

No surprise to me who the best players are.

No I definitely agree with you. We are on the same page!

Agree Kepner---After Yogi and JBJ---I thought the lower ranked guys stole the spotlight tonight. Max wins and Z3 is 2nd in the 3 point contest and Nate Ritchie wins the dunk contest and none of them are 4 and 5 star players.

I even thought Ritchie was solid in the scrimmage---Priller came in and immediately drilled a 3--Holt had some moments and nice blocks. I was shocked at Hartman being able to play as well as he did post-injury.

I was happy to see Hanner look more polished this year--a little disappointed with Troy as he was solid but I expected more---Stan and RoJo and DD were solid.

Looks like a very good year in the making! That backcourt of Yogi and JBJ is going to be awesome---better enjoy it while we can!

It was a great showing with the Dunk competition and 3 point competition but those are just exhibitions. Don't judge to much from that except, Hoetzel shoots very well and Ritchie is an athlete. 2 things we already knew. Very happy for them 2night.

Agree WayneFleek about Max---he just has that swagger and you know he is going to be a competitor--I think he's still a year or so away from big minutes--but he's going to help us even this year.

I loved his quote when Steele asked who he knew in Hollywood and he admitted he knew a few people---but then said "I'm Max Hoetzel---and that's all you need to know" !

Gotta have a few boys like him on the team!

As soon as Crean came out, I looked to my friend and said how pissed Crean looked. He was tense during the whole event and especially so during the scrimmage. To be honest with you all, this was a major letdown. There wasn't any excitement and the whole night was awkward with lengthy moments of silence. If I was a recruit, I would have been incredibly underwhelmed. Not trying to be negative at all but that's what I took away from the night.

Wasn't any excitement? I disagree. I though there was a ton of excitement. Heck, the whole place was on their feet for the women's team. THE WOMENS TEAM hahaha. The shooting competitions for the guys , I thought everyone was into it. I thought everyone was into the scrimmage as well. The only problem was that they were going to have the autograph session afterwards and everyone rushed out to get in line for that. I thought it was a great atmosphere.
I do think the dunk contest was a let down, I felt it was rushed and I felt having the two kids as judges seemed like a last minute thing