Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iufbfan19

Stop with the fire Wilson nonsense

I've read maybe half of these and I'm just gonna throw in my thoughts just cuz I love IU football and yes I get more excited about football than basketball.......

Coach Wilson:

I believe he has turned this program around. Has it shown in the win and loss column, no. However, (ik I'm beating a dead horse) he has brought in top IU recruiting classes the years he has been here. If he retains the men he's bringing in this class I think we will be fine. Give lathums class another year. Heck give Wilson a couple of years. He is an offensive mastermind (even though this year it hasn't been as consistence). He isn't a DC and will never be a coach about the D-fence......with that said I think Knorr has turned the D around and let's face it....they aren't consistent but like I said it's IU and we can't expect a coach to turn our defense around in a year.

Give Wilson through the '16 season. Let him develop another QB and hey he might land peters from avon (that's where I'm from and that kid has developed and matured so much!) oh and his parents love IU.

Side note. I wish HEP was still around because I believe we could have been a year to year bowl and yes Big Ten champions contender.

Lastly, even tho Wilson does hate on iu and it's fans he does have a point and I honestly think he cares about iu football and their success (not just because his career relies on it). He isn't a lynch.....and he wants btown to be a football town as well.

Sorry for my rant but, we can't jump to conclusions. This year has been tough emotionally for the team and for the fans. I still have hope and see 3 wins in IU's future.

Go hoosiers and hey let's play 13

I could not find his quotes on the rebuild timing but essentially he said something like initially you lose big. You get a little better and you lose close. You get a little better and you win close. Finally you start to win big.

Wasn't that a Crean quote?

I've read maybe half of these and I'm just gonna throw in my thoughts just cuz I love IU football and yes I get more excited about football than basketball.......

Coach Wilson:

I believe he has turned this program around. Has it shown in the win and loss column, no. However, (ik I'm beating a dead horse) he has brought in top IU recruiting classes the years he has been here. If he retains the men he's bringing in this class I think we will be fine. Give lathums class another year. Heck give Wilson a couple of years. He is an offensive mastermind (even though this year it hasn't been as consistence). He isn't a DC and will never be a coach about the D-fence......with that said I think Knorr has turned the D around and let's face it....they aren't consistent but like I said it's IU and we can't expect a coach to turn our defense around in a year.

Give Wilson through the '16 season. Let him develop another QB and hey he might land peters from avon (that's where I'm from and that kid has developed and matured so much!) oh and his parents love IU.

Side note. I wish HEP was still around because I believe we could have been a year to year bowl and yes Big Ten champions contender.

Lastly, even tho Wilson does hate on iu and it's fans he does have a point and I honestly think he cares about iu football and their success (not just because his career relies on it). He isn't a lynch.....and he wants btown to be a football town as well.

Sorry for my rant but, we can't jump to conclusions. This year has been tough emotionally for the team and for the fans. I still have hope and see 3 wins in IU's future.

Go hoosiers and hey let's play 13

Great post!!!

I agree with everything except the Hep reference. I think he was on track to get the program to respectability but I think we would have been in a mediocre rut for many years to come. Hear me right, I loved Coach Hep's passion for all things IU, I just never envisioned him pulling off B10 Championship caliber numbers. All that said, is be OK with mediocrity at this point. Lol of only for a sorry while.

RIP HEP!

I would be completely fine with mediocrity if mediocrity meant a bowl. I don't expect IU football to ever be in the running for the BIG championship, but at least win half of your games. 4 of those games are served up on a platter in the non conference. I guess coaching turnover hasn't been the answer so far. Might as well see what a coach who stays for a minute does. 

At least the "interest" in Indiana Football is up.  QB problems largely to blame for this season.  Even Sudfield was overrated.  Kofi Hughes, Latimer, Wynn, Bolser were quite a corp.  They made him look good.  Sudfield is much better than our current options but was never top B1G talent.  We need a "star" at QB and things will change.

We are getting better talent recruiting-wise but most of that talent is 2 year talent. 

I think CW needs two more seasons, and yes I know things are really bad RIGHT now but.....

I think CW needs two more seasons, and yes I know things are really bad RIGHT now but.....

Part of me agrees, but I don't don't see him getting two more seasons.  Unless you are counting this season as number 1.  If so, I agree with you.

I think next year is his make or break.  He will either be here for a good long time, or he will be done at the end of the 2015.

I think he should be able to see the Darius Latham/Allen class through graduation.  2 more years, right?  This year is tanked.  If he totally tanks again next year, then I can see it, but if next year has improvement, let him finish the Latham recruiting class.

Personally, I wouldn't mind.  I like Coach Wilson.  I just don't think it will go that far.  

I agree with giving Wilson 2 more years. People forget that although there is talent on the team, the team is still really young. Just going down the list you can't tell me that at least on paper the future of the team looks a lot brighter than it did when Lynch was the head coach:

Dominique Booth-Freshman

Donoval Clark- Freshman

Simmie Cobbs- Freshman

Tony Fields-Freshman

Delroy Baker- Freshman

Greg Gooch- Freshman

J-shun Harris- Freshman

Tommy Mister- Freshman

Devine Redding- Freshman

Nile Sykes- Freshman

Tegray Scales- Freshman

Kiante Walton- Freshman

Dameon Willis- Freshman

Chase Dutra- RS Freshman

Rashard Fant- RS Freshman

Noel Padmore- RS Freshman

Antonio Allen- Sophomore

Darius Latham- Sophomore

Clyde Newton- Sophomore

Marcus Oliver- Sophomore

TJ Simmons- Sophomore

Dan Feeney- RS Sophomore

Ralph Green- RS Sophomore

People please stop calling for Wilson's head. Anyone who doesn't see that Wilson has improved the program is not watching. Yeah, it's unlucky we don't have any backup qbs, but it's not his fault. He wanted coffman and roberson to stay. Hoosier fans are seriously some of the worst football fans. Sometimes I get fans who change moods on the program week to week, but series to series? Our defense will have two good stops and everyone is super excited. We let up a touchdown and everyone is giving up on the season. How about iu fans actually support the team and go to the games. It's so frustrating. Sorry I just have to rant. I understand this season may be over, but don't give up on the team or Wilson. The team is making big improvements every year. If you people actually watched the games you'd see the defense is much better than last year. All the people complaining about the team obviously aren't real fans and aren't watching the games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

would you still support him if you knew he showed up drunk on campus during his first few weekends after being hired

what about mouthing off to the cops that he's untouchable because he's the IU football coach?

would you still support him if you knew he showed up drunk on campus during his first few weekends after being hired

what about mouthing off to the cops that he's untouchable because he's the IU football coach?

You should probably add, that he has also cleaned up his act, and hasn't been in any trouble since..  

I'd kind of like him more. It's a hilarious image of a coach trying to use IU football as leverage. I hope those cops locked him up immediately. 

Part of me agrees, but I don't don't see him getting two more seasons.  Unless you are counting this season as number 1.  If so, I agree with you.

I think next year is his make or break.  He will either be here for a good long time, or he will be done at the end of the 2015.

And then they fire him and go back to hiring the next unproven commodity and giving it another 4-5 years to see if it works out or not.  Unless Glass has an ace up his sleeve or things get appreciably worse the next couple of seasons, I think CKW will still be here. 

That isn't me giving any kind of glowing endorsement, that is just me looking at things realistically.

Honestly he's a great coach for the situation he was put in. Coming from Oklahoma to Indiana where football is not our first sport is tough to do. He has assembled Indiana kids to play at IU and has now dipped into Florida to go get some athletes in the secondary. He's not the best coach in certain situations but goodness he has done more here than a lot of coaches would've.

And then they fire him and go back to hiring the next unproven commodity and giving it another 4-5 years to see if it works out or not.  Unless Glass has an ace up his sleeve or things get appreciably worse the next couple of seasons, I think CKW will still be here. 

That isn't me giving any kind of glowing endorsement, that is just me looking at things realistically.

Would Brad Stevens coach football for a couple of years so that we can keep him on ice in case Crean doesn't improve?