Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iufbfan19

Stop with the fire Wilson nonsense

People please stop calling for Wilson's head. Anyone who doesn't see that Wilson has improved the program is not watching. Yeah, it's unlucky we don't have any backup qbs, but it's not his fault. He wanted coffman and roberson to stay. Hoosier fans are seriously some of the worst football fans. Sometimes I get fans who change moods on the program week to week, but series to series? Our defense will have two good stops and everyone is super excited. We let up a touchdown and everyone is giving up on the season. How about iu fans actually support the team and go to the games. It's so frustrating. Sorry I just have to rant. I understand this season may be over, but don't give up on the team or Wilson. The team is making big improvements every year. If you people actually watched the games you'd see the defense is much better than last year. All the people complaining about the team obviously aren't real fans and aren't watching the games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What a joke.

I wish I could "like" your comment about 100 more times. 

We're going on four years of Wilson with no bowl games to show for it. Look what Jerry Kill is doing at Minnesota, that's what I consider "improving a program." A good coach doesn't need 5 years just to break even. 

I respectfully disagree. Even with Spudfeld out, Koffman and Roberson transferred, the results still fall on Wilson and his staff. The defense falls on Wilson. The mismanaged game against BGSU falls on Wilson. It all falls back on the coaching staff to correct and plan for these things. After yesterday, you'd be hard pressed to tell me IU had any real backup plans.

All the people complaining about the team obviously aren't real fans and aren't watching the games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What a joke.

Dalton pretty much summed up perfectly how I feel. Also, this was discussed a lot during this past basketball season, being a fan doesn't equate to all of us cheering for the team in the same way. And it certainly doesn't mean cheering for the team while having no criticism. 

Plus this place would be boring as hell if we were all the same type of fans

Not to get off topic, but it's almost like our moms telling us "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" maybe wasn't the greatest advice we received as children. 

Even Don Fischer isn't allowed to be critical anymore and has to put a positive spin on everything. It's pathetic. 

there are two things going on right now...seemingly on every thread...

circle jerk of fans that want to complain about the direction of IU athletics

and

circle jerk of fans that feel like they are above the circle jerk of fans that complain about IU athletics only to complain about the fans that complain...

let the 3rd dimension of circle jerk commence... 

and
circle jerk of fans that feel like they are above the circle jerk of fans that complain about IU athletics only to complain about the fans that complain...

So true! Lol. I can fairly say both sides have good points.

Thus the catch 22.

And that's why I'm a realist versus a doom n gloomer or a sunshine pumper.

and

I was going to make a pivot man joke. Think I'll let that one go though.

and

Wait, who gets the soggy biscuit, are they using the same one 

lol everyone thinks they are the realist

True.

Some are though.

Records, ratings, results, stats etc..

There is a lot to like about Crean's Hoosiers, and some things not to like.

His recruiting is one of his strengths, IMO. When his recruiting hit the proverbial wall late 2014, I grew worried. I am not totally convinced recruiting has recovered but I am happy with the additions of Juwan and OG. If he gets a true difference maker like TB, I will be fully convinced. If not, and he gets no other high 4s or 5 stars I will remain worried.

I am waiting to see what he's learned about substitutions to reevaluate that.

Many other factors, Crean is great ambassador for IUBB.

I think he deserves at least this year. If recruiting is rolling, maybe an additional year even if this year is so-so. If recruiting stays "down" and this season is poor, than I am realist and start wondering about his timeline.

I think that is fair.

True.

Some are though.

Records, ratings, results, stats etc..

There is a lot to like about Crean's Hoosiers, and some things not to like.

His recruiting is one of his strengths, IMO. When his recruiting hit the proverbial wall late 2014, I grew worried. I am not totally convinced recruiting has recovered but I am happy with the additions of Juwan and OG. If he gets a true difference maker like TB, I will be fully convinced. If not, and he gets no other high 4s or 5 stars I will remain worried.

I am waiting to see what he's learned about substitutions to reevaluate that.

Many other factors, Crean is great ambassador for IUBB.

I think he deserves at least this year. If recruiting is rolling, maybe an additional year even if this year is so-so. If recruiting stays "down" and this season is poor, than I am realist and start wondering about his timeline.

I think that is fair.

now this is a circle jerk I can get on board with...