Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

On 11/21/2019 at 12:55 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Nike keeps putting out these “City” uniforms and they have all been ugly as hell. Adidas wasn’t great, but I think Nike told the NBA to hold their beer when told they couldn’t make an uglier jersey.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm probably in the minority, but I love the Utah unis that gradually go from gold to dark red. What I can't stand are the dumb nicknames that some of them have. Milwaukee's for instance is nice color-wise but who decided that a bunch of giant dudes should be wearing a shirt that says 'Cream City'?

I'm probably in the minority, but I love the Utah unis that gradually go from gold to dark red. What I can't stand are the dumb nicknames that some of them have. Milwaukee's for instance is nice color-wise but who decided that a bunch of giant dudes should be wearing a shirt that says 'Cream City'?

Yea that’s a really bad idea. And not all of them are bad. But most of them are. But it’s just been the one version. The Celtics doesn’t look bad. The Pacers is bad. The Mavs is straight garbage looking.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 11/2/2019 at 1:40 AM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We got Malcolm Brogdon... that’s it. In a season knowing Vic would be missing half or more of the season, and knowing that you should be building for the season after this year and further, the last thing you do is waste picks and trade away picks when there are formidable players to be picked. Wasted a pick of Leaf. Wasted a pick on Goga. Warren is only considered a good pickup because of his cheap contract. McConnell shouldn’t be on the team. Our wing depth is incredibly weak. Basically all Pritchard did was making sure the team stayed mediocre even though it’s obvious this team can’t compete with Boston, Milwaukee or Philly in a 7 games series and in 2020-2021 it’ll be the same with Brooklyn when Durant returns. Then you have teams legitimately building for the future and ready to pass the Pacers like Atlanta. Really the other team with as bad a roster as the Pacers that’s a playoff team would be the Heat but they have a way better coach in Spoelstra. We let Young, Bogdanovic and Joseph walk when they could have and should have been traded last season for picks and the same for Tyreke Evans before he was banned. But Pritchard will continue trying to find ways to be mediocre rather than trying to go above and beyond like Milwaukee has.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Although it's early,  I believe our wing depth is not too shabby. Also, if you believe that TJ McConnell doesn't belong on this team as a third pg, not sure what you're watching. KP is putting together a deep, competitive team, that actually makes it fun to watch an NBA game. Give this team a year or two to gel and get healthy, I believe they'll be competing with the top 2 or 3 teams for home court in the EC.

Although it's early,  I believe our wing depth is not too shabby. Also, if you believe that TJ McConnell doesn't belong on this team as a third pg, not sure what you're watching. KP is putting together a deep, competitive team, that actually makes it fun to watch an NBA game. Give this team a year or two to gel and get healthy, I believe they'll be competing with the top 2 or 3 teams for home court in the EC.

This team doesn’t have 2 years. By then Lamb and Warren will be gone. Pritchard is putting together a team to stay middle of the pack in the playoff race. We are nowhere being able to beat the Bucks, Celtics or 76ers in a 7 game series. And Nate McMillan is still the coach.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

This team doesn’t have 2 years. By then Lamb and Warren will be gone. Pritchard is putting together a team to stay middle of the pack in the playoff race. We are nowhere being able to beat the Bucks, Celtics or 76ers in a 7 game series. And Nate McMillan is still the coach.

You speaking in absolutes usually comes back to bite you. With a healthy Vic, this team is as deep as any in the East. Would definitely put our best five against any in the EC. Plus, the players love playing for Nate!

20 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Kind of hard to bash the Pacers when they have won 11 of their last 14.

Plus, with the product they are putting on the floor,  it's fun to watch and it's getting fans in the seats.

You speaking in absolutes usually comes back to bite you. With a healthy Vic, this team is as deep as any in the East. Would definitely put our best five against any in the EC. Plus, the players love playing for Nate!

Players loved playing for Mark Jackson too. Then they got someone who actually coached.

32 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Against the worst schedule in the NBA. I think they’ve only beaten 1 team with a winning record so far.

They're 3-2 against teams .500 and above, which is pretty good. Take care of games against losing teams and win half your games against teams .500 and above and you're in business. They're doing this without their best player, too. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.a10c73409aa4789cdd542267f21bd386.PNG

They're 3-2 against teams .500 and above, which is pretty good. Take care of games against losing teams and win half your games against teams .500 and above and you're in business. They're doing this without their best player, too. 

Don’t bring facts into the conversation.

Like I said. They have 1 win against a team with a winning record. They just got that against the Jazz. The two wins they have over a team with a .500 record is against the Nets. The other two games they’ve lost were to Houston and they were manhandled by Milwaukee. That’s it. They’ve played 3 teams with winning records. We won’t know what they are about until well.. probably the playoffs. December will be much thought than Oct/Nov as they play LAC, Milwaukee, Boston, LAL, Philly, Miami and Toronto. The other 8 are against teams under .500. Want facts? Fact is, the Pacers have gotten super lucky to have the weakest schedule in the NBA to date.

Edit: Nets are 10-9. My bad. So they have 3 wins over teams with a winning record. But still doesn’t change anything. Pacers are still very lucky. And they don’t have any crazy difficult stretches like they had last season. They should win 50 because of it.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Like I said. They have 1 win against a team with a winning record. They just got that against the Jazz. The two wins they have over a team with a .500 record is against the Nets. The other two games they’ve lost were to Houston and they were manhandled by Milwaukee. That’s it. They’ve played 3 teams with winning records. We won’t know what they are about until well.. probably the playoffs. December will be much thought than Oct/Nov as they play LAC, Milwaukee, Boston, LAL, Philly, Miami and Toronto. The other 8 are against teams under .500. Want facts? Fact is, the Pacers have gotten super lucky to have the weakest schedule in the NBA to date.

Edit: Nets are 10-9. My bad. So they have 3 wins over teams with a winning record. But still doesn’t change anything. Pacers are still very lucky. And they don’t have any crazy difficult stretches like they had last season. They should win 50 because of it.

Didn't you mention it takes a great point guard to win? Brogdon is a great pg, is he not?

Didn't you mention it takes a great point guard to win? Brogdon is a great pg, is he not?

He’s got a lot to prove at the PG position. It’s new for him. In Milwaukee he has Giannis handling the ball a lot. It’ll be a beastly defensive backcourt.

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He’s got a lot to prove at the PG position. It’s new for him. In Milwaukee he has Giannis handling the ball a lot. It’ll be a beastly defensive backcourt.

19/5/8 is a pretty good start! Kid can flat out play. The Pacers have 4 all star caliber players when Vic is healthy. 3 of them are potential all defensive  team. And a potential DPOY in Turner. Shooting is my biggest concern.(and officiating)lol

19/5/8 is a pretty good start! Kid can flat out play. The Pacers have 4 all star caliber players when Vic is healthy. 3 of them are potential all defensive  team. And a potential DPOY in Turner. Shooting is my biggest concern.(and officiating)lol

Will have to see how he meshes with Oladipo. Turner will quickly become an $18mil role player when Oladipo comes back. He went from franchise player to 4th best real quick. The team has potential, but it’s if Pritchard does screw it up. Like drafting TJ Leaf.