Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2019-2020 NBA Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:


An impressive list for sure. Imagine this happened to Kris Wilkes at Indiana. The staff would have been crucified for ruining his draft stock. Not by me though. I realize how it works and I always thought it unfair but realistic that Romeo’s draft position be tied to Archie.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep Dakich would have had a bigger field day than he already did. Apparently, he posted a tweet saying Romeo should have been top 5 but dropped to 14 because of IU....something to that effect and then deleted it right afterwards.

 

The trolling would have been unreal. Funny Alford didn't really help Wilkes stock at all the guy Dan wanted so badly here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yep Dakich would have had a bigger field day than he already did. Apparently, he posted a tweet saying Romeo should have been top 5 but dropped to 14 because of IU....something to that effect and then deleted it right afterwards.
 
The trolling would have been unreal. Funny Alford didn't really help Wilkes stock at all the guy Dan wanted so badly here. 

So true. TJD replied to that tweet which is admittedly awesome.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Yep Dakich would have had a bigger field day than he already did. Apparently, he posted a tweet saying Romeo should have been top 5 but dropped to 14 because of IU....something to that effect and then deleted it right afterwards.

 

The trolling would have been unreal. Funny Alford didn't really help Wilkes stock at all the guy Dan wanted so badly here. 

Dakich is seriously the worst. Idk how the "he really loves IU' guys can still believe that with all the things he does. If you love your school then you don't use your sizeable media platform to crap on them constantly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Dakich is seriously the worst. Idk how the "he really loves IU' guys can still believe that with all the things he does. If you love your school then you don't use your sizeable media platform to crap on them constantly. 

It's one thing to troll the fans but its another to spill negativity towards the coach and team, which is what he has done so much of since Archie and not Alford was hired.  Clearly sour grapes all the way. I wish we would ban him from doing games in AH. He doesn't deserve it with how much bashing he does of the program on social media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dakich is seriously the worst. Idk how the "he really loves IU' guys can still believe that with all the things he does. If you love your school then you don't use your sizeable media platform to crap on them constantly. 

Honestly, he likes winners. He loves Indiana but hates what it has become. He takes digs because he’s infuriated by it. He became a Purdue fan in part this season because of how they played and that they won. He’s grumpy and irritated and doesn’t particularly seem to care for Archie.

Imo he’d be our biggest cheerleader if we had Duke or Kentucky like results. But boy, if we lost with all those “shoe guys” he would eat us alive.


He wants us to be Virginia, I guess.



Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

It's one thing to troll the fans but its another to spill negativity towards the coach and team, which is what he has done so much of since Archie and not Alford was hired.  Clearly sour grapes all the way. I wish we would ban him from doing games in AH. He doesn't deserve it with how much bashing he does of the program on social media. 

Absolutely agree. Instead of praising Romeo's selfless decision to sacrifice his draft stock for the team and play 3.5 months with a torn tendon in his shooting hand, he decided to troll the program for Romeo falling in the draft. What a sad, pathetic man. Romeo has been all class throughout it all. Dakich could learn a thing or two from him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:


Honestly, he likes winners. He loves Indiana but hates what it has become. He takes digs because he’s infuriated by it. He became a Purdue fan in part this season because of how they played and that they won. He’s grumpy and irritated and doesn’t particularly seem to care for Archie.

Imo he’d be our biggest cheerleader if we had Duke or Kentucky like results. But boy, if we lost with all those “shoe guys” he would eat us alive.


He wants us to be Virginia, I guess.



Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If he wants IU to become a winner again he's not helping us with his antics. He trolls like a knock off Skip Bayless minus class and respect for the people he targets. He's been taking shots at Archie since the day he was hired because we didn't hire his guy Alford.

I don't buy that he does this because he's tired of the losing because he doesn't keep the same energy when people he likes are in similar positions as people he doesnt like.. Kris Wilkes was Indiana Mr. Basketball and a McDonalds all-American, and Alford turned him into an undrafted rookie. Crickets from Dakich. Yet he tweets out hate when Romeo still gets drafted in the lottery. He's hypocritical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, he likes winners. He loves Indiana but hates what it has become. He takes digs because he’s infuriated by it. He became a Purdue fan in part this season because of how they played and that they won. He’s grumpy and irritated and doesn’t particularly seem to care for Archie.

Imo he’d be our biggest cheerleader if we had Duke or Kentucky like results. But boy, if we lost with all those “shoe guys” he would eat us alive.


He wants us to be Virginia, I guess.



Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So he’s a bandwagon fan? None of his **** helps anyone but himself. He’s an egotiscal shock jockey who couldn’t cut it in the same roles he rips others for failing to deliver in.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone said this earlier but Dan Dakich is exactly like Skip Bayless. They are both entertainers and say stuff to get people started (look at what Skip did referencing that fake account about James Harden). Dakich is great as an analyst but I will not listen to his radio show. I am convinced that he is bitter he didn't get the job in 2008. Someone needs to tell him his buddy Steve Alford had two McDonald's All-Americans get undrafted last night. Will Wade had one fall out as well. Heck, UNC had a player who was a top 5 pick fall to 25. Coach K had three top ten picks and didn't make the final four. Dakich is just reaching. Rabjohns, who I think is credible, claims NBA teams never had Romeo as a top 5 pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Someone said this earlier but Dan Dakich is exactly like Skip Bayless. They are both entertainers and say stuff to get people started (look at what Skip did referencing that fake account about James Harden). Dakich is great as an analyst but I will not listen to his radio show. I am convinced that he is bitter he didn't get the job in 2008. Someone needs to tell him his buddy Steve Alford had two McDonald's All-Americans get undrafted last night. Will Wade had one fall out as well. Heck, UNC had a player who was a top 5 pick fall to 25. Coach K had three top ten picks and didn't make the final four. Dakich is just reaching. Rabjohns, who I think is credible, claims NBA teams never had Romeo as a top 5 pick. 

Honestly, Dakich is much worse than Skip Bayless. Skip trolls, but he's respectful to his guests. He doesn't call them names, he doesn't insult them, nothing like that. He just likes to say outrageous things for attention. Dakich does that while also acting like a dbag to his guests, random twitter people, people who call into his show, etc. "blogger boy", "little Archie", "shoe guy", yet last night he threw a fit when someone called him old on twitter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Honestly, Dakich is much worse than Skip Bayless. Skip trolls, but he's respectful to his guests. He doesn't call them names, he doesn't insult them, nothing like that. He just likes to say outrageous things for attention. Dakich does that while also acting like a dbag to his guests, random twitter people, people who call into his show, etc. "blogger boy", "little Archie", "shoe guy", yet last night he threw a fit when someone called him old on twitter. 

I'll put it this way: I had mostly positive things to say about him until that tweet last night. The only other tweet I didn't like was him whining about IU fans saying "we" when talking about the team...those fans who say "we" tune in to watch the IU basketball games that he so happens to call. That equals ratings. I didn't like him trashing the Assembly Call guys. They are awesome and fans just like us. However,  I hit the unfollow button last night. Lost a lot of respect for him. I hope Archie never goes on his show anymore. Kudos to TJD for calling him out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'll put it this way: I had mostly positive things to say about him until that tweet last night. The only other tweet I didn't like was him whining about IU fans saying "we" when talking about the team...those fans who say "we" tune in to watch the IU basketball games that he so happens to call. That equals ratings. I didn't like him trashing the Assembly Call guys. They are awesome and fans just like us. However,  I hit the unfollow button last night. Lost a lot of respect for him. I hope Archie never goes on his show anymore. Kudos to TJD for calling him out. 

I’m shocked that Archie goes on there at all. The things he says about him any time I’ve tuned in (and it seems like there’s ALWAYS something being said about Archie but it’s probably coincidence) are pretty terrible. And I’m not talking about his gripes about results or whatever, it’s the condescending disrespectful stuff, the petty insults, etc. 

His beef with Jerrod Morris last night was hilarious and so freakin’ stupid. He got roasted so decided to play the bigger man card about being called old. Dakich sucks pretty hard as a public personality, which is sad because he has a pretty interesting perspective on IUBB. I’m sure 1070 loves his ratings though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'll put it this way: I had mostly positive things to say about him until that tweet last night. The only other tweet I didn't like was him whining about IU fans saying "we" when talking about the team...those fans who say "we" tune in to watch the IU basketball games that he so happens to call. That equals ratings. I didn't like him trashing the Assembly Call guys. They are awesome and fans just like us. However,  I hit the unfollow button last night. Lost a lot of respect for him. I hope Archie never goes on his show anymore. Kudos to TJD for calling him out. 

What was the tweet last night? I can handle a little DD here and there while driving around at lunch time but I had to unfollow as well.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

So many guys entered this draft and went undrafted. Doubt any develop when another year of college could have helped at least half of these guys. Glad they will be changing the rules soon.

The list of undrafted underclassmen: Lungentz Dort, Jalen Lecque, Jontay Porter, Louis King, Zach Norvell, Dedrick Lawson, Naz Reid, Simmi Shittu, Kenny Wooten, Kris Wilkes...plenty more just some of the more recognizable recruits and names to this board. 

 

I wasn't aware that Shittu had declared.  Man, Vandy could not have had a worse season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 8bucks said:


What was the tweet last night? I can handle a little DD here and there while driving around at lunch time but I had to unfollow as well.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Someone said it was cool for Archie to be in the green room and Dakich responded "he turned the #5 pick into #14". I think Jeff Rabjohns is pretty credible and he said no GM"s had Romeo in the top 5 before the season even started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Someone said it was cool for Archie to be in the green room and Dakich responded "he turned the #5 pick into #14". I think Jeff Rabjohns is pretty credible and he said no GM"s had Romeo in the top 5 before the season even started. 

Ha funny how DD likes to point out he lost his best player to injury most of his last years coaching but doesn’t allow any grace here for Romeos injury.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 8:50 AM, TXHoosierDaddy said:

So many guys entered this draft and went undrafted. Doubt any develop when another year of college could have helped at least half of these guys. Glad they will be changing the rules soon.

The list of undrafted underclassmen: Lungentz Dort, Jalen Lecque, Jontay Porter, Louis King, Zach Norvell, Dedrick Lawson, Naz Reid, Simmi Shittu, Kenny Wooten, Kris Wilkes...plenty more just some of the more recognizable recruits and names to this board. 

 

Yea some big names for sure. Thats life though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

So maybe someone should tell the Rockets to stop. First they sent out a memo about how they got screwed by the refs last year, they didn't. And now they send this out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×