Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

627C7E08-ECC1-4D79-98AF-434FB0100D6C-2025-0000016DDE0F9AFE.jpg.eeff7c72f92b614cee16568a4e56c83a.jpg

Sabonis was listed at 7-3 and about 300lbs. Olajuwon was listed at 7-0 about 240... someone was lying on one side of this or it’s a really weird picture.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sabonis is standing up straight and Hakeem is doing what he always did. In a defensive position with knees bent as he is facing a larger Sabonis after he started putting on weight in the mid 90s. Not sure why you think it’s a weird picture?

If you haven’t watched Shaq’s reaction go find it and watch it. Then go grab your family and tell them how much you really care. Our time on this planet is finite and can end at anytime. With more crazy healthy issues in the last month I’ve made the conscious effort to let everyone around me know how I truly feel. Mortality is a big ole...

Love all you crazy Btown bannerites out there too, even if we don’t see eye to eye on luxuries in life like “games.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If you haven’t watched Shaq’s reaction go find it and watch it. Then go grab your family and tell them how much you really care. Our time on this planet is finite and can end at anytime. With more crazy healthy issues in the last month I’ve made the conscious effort to let everyone around me know how I truly feel. Mortality is a big ole...

Love all you crazy Btown bannerites out there too, even if we don’t see eye to eye on luxuries in life like “games.”

Good luck man with the current issues.

Sabonis is standing up straight and Hakeem is doing what he always did. In a defensive position with knees bent as he is facing a larger Sabonis after he started putting on weight in the mid 90s. Not sure why you think it’s a weird picture?

It’s weird because Hakeem looks like a high schooler with the way the picture was taken.

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Lebron's reaction to the video is everything too.

It’s weird because Hakeem looks like a high schooler with the way the picture was taken.

You should have seen other centers on Shaq or Yao Ming. Shawn Bradley and Manute Bol were just tall. Not really any meat on their bones. Sabonis got big at the end. He was pretty excellent early in his career. When he came over everyone thought he was going to be the second coming. I really only thought Drazen Petrovic and Toni Kucoc were good during the 90s as European players. Crazy how much that has improved in a short time.

Edit: Was thinking about Euro players in NBA and I forgot Vlade Divac. He was a pretty solid serviceable player too. He was as good as Kucoc or Petrovic, but he was here longer.

9 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Yeah, I didn't even see the game yesterday because my mom has been in ICU the last 4 days and in the hospital for the last week.

You should have seen other centers on Shaq or Yao Ming. Shawn Bradley and Manute Bol were just tall. Not really any meat on their bones. Sabonis got big at the end. He was pretty excellent early in his career. When he came over everyone thought he was going to be the second coming. I really only thought Drazen Petrovic and Toni Kucoc were good during the 90s as European players. Crazy how much that has improved in a short time.

Edit: Was thinking about Euro players in NBA and I forgot Vlade Divac. He was a pretty solid serviceable player too. He was as good as Kucoc or Petrovic, but he was here longer.

The amount of good players from overseas and the competition level overseas has raised 1000% since the 90’s. Dirk is definitely the best ever. Yao honestly could have been had he stayed healthy.

22 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The amount of good players from overseas and the competition level overseas has raised 1000% since the 90’s. Dirk is definitely the best ever. Yao honestly could have been had he stayed healthy.

True. Lived in Dallas a while and got to see Dirk multiple times. He was one of a kind and also a great dude. Doncic will be the next best one. He is putting up ridiculous numbers in only his second season. Unfortunately, I've lost interest in the NBA. The rivalries have somewhat died (at least on the court), the players are soft, there is too much sitting out....I'd rather watch almost any other pro sport on tv. The exception being I'll tune into some of the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

True. Lived in Dallas a while and got to see Dirk multiple times. He was one of a kind and also a great dude. Doncic will be the next best one. He is putting up ridiculous numbers in only his second season. Unfortunately, I've lost interest in the NBA. The rivalries have somewhat died (at least on the court), the players are soft, there is too much sitting out....I'd rather watch almost any other pro sport on tv. The exception being I'll tune into some of the playoffs. 

I love to watch Doncic play. Special talent.