Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

We saw last year that Stevens doesn't know how to juggle stars. He does best when he has a scrappy team of underdogs like he had with Isaiah Thomas. I don't know that it's fair to say he isn't a good developer of talent. He might not be a good one, but by the time players make it to the NBA I think development is more on them than it is the coaching staff. 

That’s pretty fair. The staffs they have to develop the players have more impact than the coaches themselves. But if his biggest issue is juggling stars (I agree there) how can he truly win at that level?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

54 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

That’s pretty fair. The staffs they have to develop the players have more impact than the coaches themselves. But if his biggest issue is juggling stars (I agree there) how can he truly win at that level?

I don't think he can unless he learns how to do it. He'll have some level of success because he knows the X's and O's extremely well, but that only gets you so far. You're not competing for a championship without stars. 

Mavericks beat the Nuggets tonight 109-106. Mavericks played 10 guys. 9 of the 10 scored in double digits with the high of 14 which Tim Hardaway Jr and Maxi Kleber each scored. Dorian Finney-Smith, Luka Doncic and Delon Wright our in 12. Jalen Brunson had 11. Kristaps Porzingis Seth Curry and Justin Jackson had 10. Only Dwight Powell didn’t scored in double digits and he had 4.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Calbert joining the G-League College Park Skyhawks as an asst. coach.  This is reportedly something that was already in the works prior to his Bloomington visit earlier this month.

https://cpskyhawks.gleague.nba.com/news/college-park-skyhawks-announce-coaching-staff-for-inaugural-season/

Denver finally plays Michael Porter Jr last night. Scores 15 in 20 mins and is the only Nugget with a positive plus/minus. Wonder if Malone will make any effort at all to find minutes for 1 of the most physically gifted kids on the planet. Rhetorical question. He won’t.

Denver finally plays Michael Porter Jr last night. Scores 15 in 20 mins and is the only Nugget with a positive plus/minus. Wonder if Malone will make any effort at all to find minutes for 1 of the most physically gifted kids on the planet. Rhetorical question. He won’t.

Made me lol. Extra points for perceived anger and apparent randomness. Ha

So the Pacers have sucked so far this year. That being said Brogdon is worth every penny so far. Can't wait to watch him with Vic

He and Sabonis are good. Turner needs to step up and the Pacers need another wing. Warren just isn’t good for a starting group. Especially when Vic gets back. They need someone who can play D and hit 3’s. Maybe they can trade for Trevor Ariza or Mo Harkless. Aaron Holiday needs to be given minutes over TJ McConnell as well. But then again... McMillan is not a good coach and he’s just awful offensively. So this team was always going to struggle on that end of the floor.

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He and Sabonis are good. Turner needs to step up and the Pacers need another wing. Warren just isn’t good for a starting group. Especially when Vic gets back. They need someone who can play D and hit 3’s. Maybe they can trade for Trevor Ariza or Mo Harkless. Aaron Holiday needs to be given minutes over TJ McConnell as well. But then again... McMillan is not a good coach and he’s just awful offensively. So this team was always going to struggle on that end of the floor.

Turner has been fine. He was averaging 17/9/2 on 54/54/78 shooting splits. Him, Brogdon, and Domas aren't the issue so far. Lamb being mostly miss as well as TJW being the same. And having the worst bench in the league is the issue

Nate needs to be fired. We all knew when Holiday had the bad first game that TJM was gonna get his minutes. Its the same with Goga, the second Turner got hurt he should have had more of his minutes, instead the closest thing to a vet back up, Leaf, got his minutes

Turner has been fine. He was averaging 17/9/2 on 54/54/78 shooting splits. Him, Brogdon, and Domas aren't the issue so far. Lamb being mostly miss as well as TJW being the same. And having the worst bench in the league is the issue

Nate needs to be fired. We all knew when Holiday had the bad first game that TJM was gonna get his minutes. Its the same with Goga, the second Turner got hurt he should have had more of his minutes, instead the closest thing to a vet back up, Leaf, got his minutes

TJ Leaf is absolutely awful. An absolute waste of a pick, which I didn’t like the Goga pick and still don’t considering what went after him and the same for Leaf. McMillan is terrible with young talent and never gives them much of chances to go out and get something done. With Vic being out, Holiday should be starting with Lamb coming off the bench where he would be best. Warren needs to be coming off the bench too but we just don’t have anything on the bench because it’s that bad.
Missing on picks can set a team like the Pacers back a bit. Especially when that player continues being on the roster. Without any hindsight, the Pacers could have taken John Collins, Jarrett Allen or OG at #18. How Leaf had any draft stock, I’m not sure. How Leaf had any hype even coming out of HS, I’m not sure because I never thought he even looked like an elite college freshman. I think Holiday was a really good choice in 18’ and that picking him, Simons, Shamet or reaching for Jalen Brunson would have been good choices at #23. Then we took Goga at #18. While guys like Matisse Thubulle went #19, Nassir Little went #25 Dylan Windler went #26 and Keldon Johnson went #29. Then the God awful decision to trade the #32 pick where they could have taken Carsen Edwards to help the backcourt with a confident scoring guard. Then traded the #50 pick where they could have draft-n-stashed Kyle Guy. McMillan needs fired and so does Kevin Pritchard. This off season was an embarrassment.

49 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

TJ Leaf is absolutely awful. An absolute waste of a pick, which I didn’t like the Goga pick and still don’t considering what went after him and the same for Leaf. McMillan is terrible with young talent and never gives them much of chances to go out and get something done. With Vic being out, Holiday should be starting with Lamb coming off the bench where he would be best. Warren needs to be coming off the bench too but we just don’t have anything on the bench because it’s that bad.
Missing on picks can set a team like the Pacers back a bit. Especially when that player continues being on the roster. Without any hindsight, the Pacers could have taken John Collins, Jarrett Allen or OG at #18. How Leaf had any draft stock, I’m not sure. How Leaf had any hype even coming out of HS, I’m not sure because I never thought he even looked like an elite college freshman. I think Holiday was a really good choice in 18’ and that picking him, Simons, Shamet or reaching for Jalen Brunson would have been good choices at #23. Then we took Goga at #18. While guys like Matisse Thubulle went #19, Nassir Little went #25 Dylan Windler went #26 and Keldon Johnson went #29. Then the God awful decision to trade the #32 pick where they could have taken Carsen Edwards to help the backcourt with a confident scoring guard. Then traded the #50 pick where they could have draft-n-stashed Kyle Guy. McMillan needs fired and so does Kevin Pritchard. This off season was an embarrassment.

Do you think MT has lived up to draft position.  KP has gotten two all star caliber players for a perineal all star that we could have gotten potentially nothing in return. How you call this off season an embarrassment is a joke. Signing a young,  previous rookie of the year, and resigning your most consistent,  and maybe best player is far from an embarrassment. The Pacers are young and new. We need a vocal leader,  and unfortunately he's out right now. I do Miss Thaddeus,  but age and money didn't make sense with the youth we have. Not going to defend Nate, but he's a defensive minded coach and without Vic, you're taking away the heart and soul of your philosophy 

We got Malcolm Brogdon... that’s it. In a season knowing Vic would be missing half or more of the season, and knowing that you should be building for the season after this year and further, the last thing you do is waste picks and trade away picks when there are formidable players to be picked. Wasted a pick of Leaf. Wasted a pick on Goga. Warren is only considered a good pickup because of his cheap contract. McConnell shouldn’t be on the team. Our wing depth is incredibly weak. Basically all Pritchard did was making sure the team stayed mediocre even though it’s obvious this team can’t compete with Boston, Milwaukee or Philly in a 7 games series and in 2020-2021 it’ll be the same with Brooklyn when Durant returns. Then you have teams legitimately building for the future and ready to pass the Pacers like Atlanta. Really the other team with as bad a roster as the Pacers that’s a playoff team would be the Heat but they have a way better coach in Spoelstra. We let Young, Bogdanovic and Joseph walk when they could have and should have been traded last season for picks and the same for Tyreke Evans before he was banned. But Pritchard will continue trying to find ways to be mediocre rather than trying to go above and beyond like Milwaukee has.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:40 AM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We got Malcolm Brogdon... that’s it. In a season knowing Vic would be missing half or more of the season, and knowing that you should be building for the season after this year and further, the last thing you do is waste picks and trade away picks when there are formidable players to be picked. Wasted a pick of Leaf. Wasted a pick on Goga. Warren is only considered a good pickup because of his cheap contract. McConnell shouldn’t be on the team. Our wing depth is incredibly weak. Basically all Pritchard did was making sure the team stayed mediocre even though it’s obvious this team can’t compete with Boston, Milwaukee or Philly in a 7 games series and in 2020-2021 it’ll be the same with Brooklyn when Durant returns. Then you have teams legitimately building for the future and ready to pass the Pacers like Atlanta. Really the other team with as bad a roster as the Pacers that’s a playoff team would be the Heat but they have a way better coach in Spoelstra. We let Young, Bogdanovic and Joseph walk when they could have and should have been traded last season for picks and the same for Tyreke Evans before he was banned. But Pritchard will continue trying to find ways to be mediocre rather than trying to go above and beyond like Milwaukee has.

There’s a lot of reasonable minds can disagree stuff in this post. I agree with some of it, disagree with some. But 1 point rates a mention. If you genuinely think that Bitadze was a wasted pick, I really don’t know what to tell you other than you’re just flat wrong. 20 year old  7’ kids with a skill set that high and that complete who can also see the game and mentally process it as quickly as he does this early in their careers just aren’t common. He’s going to have a long, productive career. Zero doubt in my mind. 

There’s a lot of reasonable minds can disagree stuff in this post. I agree with some of it, disagree with some. But 1 point rates a mention. If you genuinely think that Bitadze was a wasted pick, I really don’t know what to tell you other than you’re just flat wrong. 20 year old  7’ kids with a skill set that high and that complete who can also see the game and mentally process it as quickly as he does this early in their careers just aren’t common. He’s going to have a long, productive career. Zero doubt in my mind. 

He might have a long career. People thought Frank Kaminsky would as well. Goga might be better than him eventually but they were the same coming into the league. Goga played 19 minutes and fouled out. There were wings we could have used and molded with higher ceilings that went after him.