Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Just can’t beat the Warriors in a 7 game series. They’re too good. What an unbelievable display by Steph in the second half though. That team will still be contenders year in and year out because of him. He’s what makes that team go

It’s so much more enjoyable watching GS without KD. Equally as enjoyable seeing Houston out of the playoffs, I can’t bring myself to sit down and watch any of their games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It’s brutal. I just can’t get behind a team whose main purpose is to get fouled. Paul had an easy path to a loose ball but chose to go for contact with Curry to pick up the foul. I’ve said it for many years that Paul is not a championship level PG. Harden isn’t a championship level player either. The whole Houston system just rubs me the wrong way.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s brutal. I just can’t get behind a team whose main purpose is to get fouled. Paul had an easy path to a loose ball but chose to go for contact with Curry to pick up the foul. I’ve said it for many years that Paul is not a championship level PG. Harden isn’t a championship level player either. The whole Houston system just rubs me the wrong way.

I’m the same way, Harden alone makes it unwatchable between his constant traveling and the way they hand him every touch foul he could ask for. The officials are to blame for that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m the same way, Harden alone makes it unwatchable between his constant traveling and the way they hand him every touch foul he could ask for. The officials are to blame for that.

I think there’s more to it than the officials. He’s led the entire league in FTA and FTM the last 5 seasons. He’s officiated completely different than the rest of the league.

7 hours ago, biteoftheapple said:
7 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I think there’s more to it than the officials. He’s led the entire league in FTA and FTM the last 5 seasons. He’s officiated completely different than the rest of the league.

But he does control the ball for most of every shot clock.

Specifically, in the last 3 years he has had the 2nd, 10th, and 35th highest usage rates of ALL TIME in a row. I think it’s more that coupled with his style than conspiracy. 

Edit: To encompass the full 5 years, 4 years ago he ranked 77th all time in usage % and 144th all time 5 years ago. 

2 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Thoughts and prayers go out to Frank Vogel

Apparently, one of the conditions imposed on Tyronn Lue was that he hire Jason Kidd as an assistant. And now I see that Kidd will be on Vogel's staff. My question: Why didn't the Lakers just hire Kidd as head coach? ... That has become one bizarre franchise. 

Specifically, in the last 3 years he has had the 2nd, 10th, and 35th highest usage rates of ALL TIME in a row. I think it’s more that coupled with his style than conspiracy. 

Edit: To encompass the full 5 years, 4 years ago he ranked 77th all time in usage % and 144th all time 5 years ago. 

I get the usage rate. That explains some of it but how does he get these crazy calls season after season. How do you have other all stars questioning how he gets an entirely different set of calls. That’s more than just a usage rate.

Really enjoying the NBA playoffs this year. Why? 1) New teams. Only 2nd time Raptors have been to the conference finals. Bucks last appearance was 2001 and the Blazers was 2000. 2) No LeBron.... Once Durant leaves Golden State the NBA will be wide open. I was so tired of seeing the Super Team in Oakland destroy Lebron.