Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

41 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

What a disaster for OKC. Down 71-46 in the 3rd quarter.

That team could have a tough future. PG leaves, Melo is basically unplayable and will opt in (unless Presti can find a trade) and make 28 mil, Westbrook gets older and his contract looks worse and worse.  

5 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

That team could have a tough future. PG leaves, Melo is basically unplayable and will opt in (unless Presti can find a trade) and make 28 mil, Westbrook gets older and his contract looks worse and worse.  

Once his athleticism starts to decline that contract is going to look very, very bad. I don't think his game will age well. Does Melo still have his no trade clause or did he lose that when he got traded to okc? 

22 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Once his athleticism starts to decline that contract is going to look very, very bad. I don't think his game will age well. Does Melo still have his no trade clause or did he lose that when he got traded to okc? 

I think he still has it. He'll opt in but he might OK a trade if Presti can find one (salary has to match). 

59 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

It wasn't a goaltend. It's hard to see but the ball rolled of Oladipo's fingers and didn't hit the backboard. It's these situations where I would hate to be a ref. I watched this replay tens of times and am still not positive about the outcome.

It was a goal tend by the rules.. and it was a foul as well.

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

Associating playing horribly with shooting horribly is for some reason still a thing? No.. he played well. He shot poorly. Those are two different things. 

I thought Vic's shot SELECTION was a little lacking at times. Pacers kind of shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. Especially late in the 4th. 

It wasn't a goaltend. It's hard to see but the ball rolled of Oladipo's fingers and didn't hit the backboard. It's these situations where I would hate to be a ref. I watched this replay tens of times and am still not positive about the outcome.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23320247/victor-oladipo-indiana-pacers-says-cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-called-goaltending

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

EG and the Rockets advance taking out Minnesota 4-1.  OG and the Raptors up 3-2 over the Wizards.  Vic and the Pacers.......!  Such a promising season and they're playing the Cavs oh so close but close only counts in horseshoes.  Vic's shooting touch, or lack thereof, has been devastating.  He did grab 12 reb. and got 4 assists but he's got to play like he did in game 1 if the the Pacers are going to bounce back.

04.25     W/L Min. Pts. FG's 3's FT's Reb Asst TO Stl Blk PF +/-

Tor OG 3-2 W 22 3 1-4 1-4 0-0 3 0 2 1 1 3 -3
Hou EG 4-1 W 32 19 5-11 3-7 6-7 1 0 0 1 1 3 +13
Ind Vic 2-3 L 40 12 2-15 1-7 7-9 12 4 2 1 0 2 -2

4 hours ago, jonz44 said:

I thought Vic's shot SELECTION was a little lacking at times. Pacers kind of shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. Especially late in the 4th. 

That's probably fair 

12 hours ago, HoosierDYT said:

Not sure what you're watching but it clearly hit the backboard.  Yes, he also got his arm held up before going up for the layup.  He didn't play well, but that should of been two points.

21 minutes ago, Iubravos said:

Not sure what you're watching but it clearly hit the backboard.  Yes, he also got his arm held up before going up for the layup.  He didn't play well, but that should of been two points.

Like I've posted before, Vic and the Pacers won't win a playoff series until Vic is a bigger star, especially against Bron Bron and the Cavs.  It's just how it is in the NBE.  In another universe, that gets either a foul, a goaltend, or both.  If it were the other way it would have been called both.  Vic's star is bright enough to get those calls, yet.

3 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

It would have been a flagrant 5 if it were the other way around. They would have had Vic arrested.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using BtownBanners mobile app

This is just stupid. If youre going to talk about "should" then you have to acknowledge that Oladipo's shot never should have happened. The ball was out of bounds on the Pacers on the previous possession, but the referees made the wrong call. If there's this NBA conspiracy to screw the Pacers, why did they blow a call in their favor right before the layup?

The possibility of an out of bounds shouldn't have happened considering LeBron got away with an offensive foul. Then the out of bounds happened. Then LeBron got away with a foul and a goaltending. That's 4 separate plays where he got away with 3 things compared to the 1 that went against him.

okayyyyy man.

The goaltending call wasn't reviewable. It was a bang bang play, and it looked like a clean block in real time. Sure, when you go back and watch the replay it's a goaltend, but the referees didn't have that luxury. It was a bad call when you watch the replay, but it wasn't done to screw the Pacers. It happens.

It's interesting to me that the same fans that complain about LeBron "whining about the refs too much" do the exact same thing they say he does.

It wasn't called. Which means he got away with it. Yet he has continually whined through his career about how the officiating isn't fair to him. Yet, he doesn't see how much he gets away with. He gets away with more than anyone in the league. The fans just want it called evenly. People don't want to see the refs call things just because of the name on the back of the jersey.

Ah the life of a team devoid of a superstar. While I agree it would be amazing for refs to be impartial just not realistic when dealing with human beings. Cleveland fans love Lebron's treatment just like Houston and Golden state fans love the way Harden Durant and Curry get treated it's the small market teams that get the shaft in the end. Unless they are lucky enough to have a home grown superstar.

2 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

It would be nice to have a superstar. But I don't want another Paul George. I want someone who wants be a Pacer. PG was a b**ch. Plain and simple. He was a terrible leader. Would the Pacers have even made the Playoffs with him on the team? I know Vic isn't on the same level as PG, but he is a much better leader. It is obvious how much the team changed with Vic being around. They fight and scrap. The Pacers are likely to lose but this team resembles what IU, PU, ND and HS basketball fans like. Hard nosed, never quit and scrappy. That is why will be happy with what this team has accomplished. The Pacers don't get the spotlight or the media on their knees like LeBron does but they fight.

I mean, LeBron is one of the best players to ever play the game, so it makes sense that the Pacers don't get as much spotlight as him. If you're a small market team then you need a star like Milwaukee has in Giannis to get the media attention.