Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

You have made a couple good points throughout this thread such as this post, but generally speaking you (and every other LBJ fan out there) hold LeBron up on such a pedestal that it's difficult to have a rationale basketball-related conversation with you. Any Cleveland (or LeBron) fan that complains about any officiating or missed calls automatically loses all credibility in my eyes. 

I don't disagree with that lol. I lose basically all impartialness (I think that's a word) when it comes to LeBron. 

41 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Again, he wasn't suspended for that play. He was suspended because he was over the flagrant foul limit. Any player that goes over the limit gets a 1 game suspension. They didn't pull the rule out of their butts just to help LeBron.

It's not Lebron's fault that Draymond Green lacks emotional control. Everyone in the NBA knows Green has a bad temper. Have you ever played a sport at the high school level or above? When you know a player on the other team has a short fuse and can't control his emotions you attack him. You trash talk him and you get physical with him. You try pissing him off so he loses it. That's true across all sports. If you want to get mad at someone get mad at Draymond for losing his temper. 

It was a cheap move because LeBron knew the series would've been over in 5. No one denies LeBron is a great player. It's just his on court actions and behaviors that rubs me the wrong way. He'll constantly complain even when most everything is going his way

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Trade him in the offseason for Jimmy Butler or Paul George. He's great against 28 of the teams but not Golden State. He's played well in the Finals but he lacks the length or athleticism that is needed against Golden State. Durant is 7' foot with tremendous length and they have him guarding Love at times. He can't put it on the deck and score. I would try trading Thompson too. His offensive deficiencies make him unplayable in the Finals. 

Lol, no. Man, you're just as bad as the Boston and Lakers fans. "Here is this player we don't want, now give us your super star"

5 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Lol, no. Man, you're just as bad as the Boston and Lakers fans. "Here is this player we don't want, now give us your super star"

Lol hey he's under contract until 2020 and can put up 20+ and 12 as a first option. Him and Turner would be a solid frontcourt. Might as well get something of value for George before he leaves. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Lol hey he's under contract until 2020 and can put up 20+ and 12 as a first option. Might as well get something of value for George before he leaves. 

So basically we get a guy that has proven he has no ability to elevate the talent around him, but hey he'll push us into NBA purgatory by making us mediocre. Not to mention by the time the Pacers, and in this case the Bulls, would be ready to actually be good again he would be well past his prime and not able to help. 

I hate the argument you're going to lose George anyway so just trade him for anything, If you aren't getting youth and/ or draft picks let him walk. Kevin Love would do nothing even close to helping the franchise get to championship level, that would be a horrible trade. 

6 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

So basically we get a guy that has proven he has no ability to elevate the talent around him, but hey he'll push us into NBA purgatory by making us mediocre. Not to mention by the time the Pacers, and in this case the Bulls, would be ready to actually be good again he would be well past his prime and not able to help. 

I hate the argument you're going to lose George anyway so just trade him for anything, If you aren't getting youth or draft picks let him walk. Kevin Love would do nothing even close to helping the franchise get to championship level, that would be a horrible trade. 

If you had the choice between trading him for Love and letting him walk would you pick the latter? I see the argument for going for the rebuild if/when he walks. I can't see a team trading a top draft pick for a one year rental of him. Maybe Boston, but he wouldn't put them above Golden State so they're better off continuing their process. 

Trading for Love wouldn't be their best option but the Pacers management makes some questionable decisions so it's worth the shot if you're Cleveland. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If you had the choice between trading him for Love and letting him walk would you pick the latter? I see the argument for going for the rebuild if/when he walks. I can't see a team trading a top draft pick for a one year rental of him. Maybe Boston, but he wouldn't put them above Golden State so they're better off continuing their process. 

Walk. Its not even close. Love is nothing special unless he has two super stars in front of him. 20 and 12 with no defense is the definition of empty numbers. Dude is 28, want nothing to do with him. 

The KD > Lebron narrative is ridiculous. People don't understand it is SO much easier to score when you have 2 of the best three point shooters ever and a 4 who spaces the floor extremely well. KD has the entire lane to drive while Lebron has to go up against three help defenders whenever he drives. Not to mention the Warriors defense is vastly superior to the cavs: KD has one of the longest wingspans ever, Klay is an underrated, elite defender, Draymond is gonna be DPOY, and McGee has played much better than expected defensively. Also, the warriors play at an insanely fast pace because of their talent which allows them to rest their stars while Lebron is forced to give it his all for 40+ min a game...And STILL lebron is putting up the same numbers, more or less, as KD. It's ridiculous that people have became complacent with his brilliance and still expect more.

All props to the warriors for showing up and being literally impossible to beat, but Lebron - at least for this year - is the best player, even though I understand it's hard to see when he's losing because the Warriors are so damn good

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Onto another topic, I find this picture interesting. Any other superstar would get tons of crap for doing this in the middle of a game. I've never understood why steph gets free passes when other superstars don't (throwing mouth guard, whining to refs, trying to do trick passes in heated moments, etc.) 6b51afd2c4336d83937c5233523d052f.jpg

5 minutes ago, schimpfj said:

Onto another topic, I find this picture interesting. Any other superstar would get tons of crap for doing this in the middle of a game. I've never understood why steph gets free passes when other superstars don't (throwing mouth guard, whining to refs, trying to do trick passes in heated moments, etc.) 6b51afd2c4336d83937c5233523d052f.jpg

What exactly is he doing wrong?

5 minutes ago, schimpfj said:

Don 't even. Go look at the stuff LeBron was doing in the Raptors series., And the media ate it up every single time

8 minutes ago, schimpfj said:

A lot of people seem to like Curry because he looks "normal". He isn't freakishly tall, he isn't freakishly athletic, he just looks like a regular dude. Hes relatable to the average person. They're all like "see, you don't have to be super tall or athletic to make it to the NBA, hard work will take you far!" When you see guys like LeBron, Durant, Westbrook, etc. it's like "okay these guys are freaks of nature."

The only thing I hate about Steph Curry is the way he celebrates after literally everything he does on the court. His little kicks during game 1 were absurd. It just seems goofy and unnecessary to me and makes it hard to watch. 

I guess I could be overreacting but don't you think that it was relatively disrespectful / asking for attention to lay down on the court with a towel over your eyes when your team is up

This was after Curry landed hard on his back/side. He sat out for a decent portion of the quarter.

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

A lot of people seem to like Curry because he looks "normal". He isn't freakishly tall, he isn't freakishly athletic, he just looks like a regular dude. Hes relatable to the average person. They're all like "see, you don't have to be super tall or athletic to make it to the NBA, hard work will take you far!" When you see guys like LeBron, Durant, Westbrook, etc. it's like "okay these guys are freaks of nature."

The only thing I hate about Steph Curry is the way he celebrates after literally everything he does on the court. His little kicks during game 1 were absurd. It just seems goofy and unnecessary to me and makes it hard to watch. 

But when LeBron celebrates it's ok? That pushdown celebration isn't any different than any Curry celebration. I guess that would require you to not be blinded by bias.

18 minutes ago, schimpfj said:

I guess I could be overreacting but don't you think that it was relatively disrespectful / asking for attention to lay down on the court with a towel over your eyes when your team is up

Major overreaction. He can't help that the cameras went to him. What's even disrespectful about it??? Guys always sit on the bench with towels over their heads. Is it suddenly disrespectful because he's laying down??

Just now, Crimson and Cream said:

But when LeBron celebrates it's ok? That pushdown celebration isn't any different than any Curry celebration. I guess that would require you to not be blinded by bias.

The frequency matters. Steph does it after almost every play. If LeBron did his push down celebration after every dunk then you'd have a point. Steph probably does a celebration dance when he snags a front row parking spot at the grocery store. 

19 minutes ago, schimpfj said:

I'm not saying lebron doesn't do this stuff. when the cavs did "bottle flips" on the sideline in the regular season it was very disrespectful

I didn't even think that was disrespectful. They're having fun. The game was way out of hand and they were having some fun. The media has everyone so soft and touchy. My gosh people wake up and enjoy life. It's sports.