Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He joined the team with the best regular season record in NBA history. The team that knocked his team out after being down 3-1. He was already on a title contender. He couldn't beat them, so he joined them. So yeah, he's a *****. It's the weakest decision by a "superstar" in NBA history. This is 100x worse than LeBron leaving for Miami. 

Nice hot take

He joined the team with the best regular season record in NBA history. The team that knocked his team out after being down 3-1. He was already on a title contender. He couldn't beat them, so he joined them. So yeah, he's a *****. It's the weakest decision by a "superstar" in NBA history. This is 100x worse than LeBron leaving for Miami. 

They were up 3-1 but a lot farther from winning that series than people believe. Doubt OKC would have won a title with Durant/Westbrook. There are too many better storylines.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You really think so?

Teams don't already want to win games?

I get that in this weak day and age people think it's ok to lose on purpose to get a better pick, but generally speaking, teams already want to beat the other teams.

You really think so?

Teams don't already want to win games?

I get that in this weak day and age people think it's ok to lose on purpose to get a better pick, but generally speaking, teams already want to beat the other teams.

Did I say teams didn't want to win?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Umm before Shaq started moving around superstars did not move in their prime.

Yeah but that was because they were all already on loaded teams. People complain about LeBron, Durant, Etc. But Bird, Magic, and MJ all had "superteams" so it's really no different.

Yep. If I had my way but I obviously don't care about the NBA or its competitive balance.

So players shouldn't be allowed to control their destiny and move to better opportunities? I guess people in the work field should have it the same way right?

31 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

They were up 3-1 but a lot farther from winning that series than people believe. Doubt OKC would have won a title with Durant/Westbrook. There are too many better storylines.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Could Durant have thrown those games so he could leave OKC? I just think it's incredibly weak to battle a team in a 7 game series and then join up with them after they beat you. It'd be like Jordan heading to the Pistons after getting beat down. 

Problem is two gold really. When you aren't playing GS there is less incentive to get tix. Unless you are a super NBA fan. On top of that teams are less likely to spend after this. If you thought you were one or two players away before this has to make you reconsider spending now. Xavier, you are the outlier to things like this. You want everything extreme. This is fine for you, but it most certainly hurts OKC, remaining free agents and teams that weren't top 4 in conference. Westbrook is gone after this. Congrats to GS. They made their team better, but at the detriment to the NBA. Which I couldn't care less.

So players shouldn't be allowed to control their destiny and move to better opportunities? I guess people in the work field should have it the same way right?

Yep exactly since we are comparing apples to apples.