Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebron has given up. He is good. He has all the talent in the world. He is not in that top tier GOAT list. He is top 10 for sure. I have never seen Kobe or Jordan give up. Let alone Bird or Magic.

LBJ had 19 points, 8 rebounds and 9 assists. Irving Smith and Love combined for 20 points, 8 rebounds and 3 assists. His team isn't showing up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

You could argue Lebron could have done more, but I don't think it really matters. Golden State is just stupid good. How did they lose 9 games? 

That's the problem. He is not even close to the best player in the league. That's part of what I am saying.

51 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

He also had like 9 or 10 turnovers. That isn't showing up.

That's a misleading stat. 3-4 passes were good passes that went straight through his teammates hands. One was on an attempt to grab an offensive rebound. The ball was going to go out or end up with the Warriors, so he made a play on it. There was an egregious offensive foul called on him as well. LeBron is still the best/second best player in the league, he just happens to be playing against the best team of all time. Considering how many games/minutes he has logged that's extremely impressive,

The Warriors are just the worst possible match-up for the Cavs. If the Cavs are playing OKC or San Antonio they could very likely win. Just not the case against the Warriors.

That's the problem. He is not even close to the best player in the league. That's part of what I am saying.

This will catch so much flak. He's been hyped since he was 16 that he's going to be the greatest. At 6-8 and 260ish he's able to do a lot of things other players his size can't do. However, his pure skill and ,most importantly, his mental makeup doesn't allow him to be near the greatest.

He cares too much about what's going on around him or how people view him. Would Jordan or Kobe be playing around on Instagram or Twitter following and unfollowing the organizations account? Did either hold a hype event and talk about how many chips they're going to win and then not get anywhere close to that? They talked ish on the court and then backed it up.

LeBron has done well by getting crap teams, before this and last year, to the finals but he needs a batman to win. I disagree about him beating SA Spurs. I think the Spurs would have taken them in 5-6. The east is a joke and the Cavs would have been the 4th best team in the west.

LeBron is good but nowhere close to the greatest. There's probably a dozen or so players you could pick before him. People get upset because they already crowned him before he did anything and don't want to be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Lebron has given up. He is good. He has all the talent in the world. He is not in that top tier GOAT list. He is top 10 for sure. I have never seen Kobe or Jordan give up. Let alone Bird or Magic.

Kobe had a game 7 against the Suns where he refused to shoot in the 4th quarter. Of course that was in the first round and not the Finals, but he's done it in the playoffs. 

Kobe had a game 7 against the Suns where he refused to shoot in the 4th quarter. Of course that was in the first round and not the Finals, but he's done it in the playoffs. 

Very true, but I have never seen Kobe just give up. The Warriors have broke Lebron. There is no shame in not being the GOAT. He isn't even the best player in the league. Nothing wrong with that either. But the comparisons with Jordan should never happen again.

Very true, but I have never seen Kobe just give up. The Warriors have broke Lebron. There is no shame in not being the GOAT. He isn't even the best player in the league. Nothing wrong with that either. But the comparisons with Jordan should never happen again.

Maybe the sports media should have stuck with "we've never seen someone this size do the things he's capable of doing" but that doesn't sound as good as "GOAT."

Maybe the sports media should have stuck with "we've never seen someone this size do the things he's capable of doing" but that doesn't sound as good as "GOAT."

He is one of if not the most physically gifted individuals to ever play. But Curry is proving that physical gifts aren't everything. That dude is the best player on the planet right now and it's not really close. OKC laughed about his defense, but he just happens to find the ball often. Offensively he is at a different level. His release is the quickest I have ever seen. Forget his accuracy. That release is just sick.

Wonder if people still think Kevin Love is anywhere close to being a super star. Cause he kind of isn't even close. Oh, funny thing is game 1, Steph and Klay didn't even play well. Game 2, GS turned the ball over 20 times and only shot 10 free throws. Golden State hasn't even played that well yet. 

People made comparisons with Jordan because they're stupid. Him and LeBron aren't the same type of players by any means and obviously their size is way different. Jordan was 6-6 200 while LeBron is 6-8 260. LeBron is more of a playmaker while Jordan was a scorer. LeBron also has to deal with the bums on his team and a so so coach. Jordan had Pippen which Irving and Love are about 50 levels lower than him. LeBron has been to 7 NBA Finals which is pretty freaking impressive. And considering 3 of those have been with Cleveland without another star next to him... that is even better. LeBron is still arguably the best player in the world and one of the best all time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree that James is the best player in the gane today. For GOAT status I would put him in the top 35, at best. The problem in my mind, is the greats like Magic, Michael, and Bird, they made all that surround them over achievers. Lebron seems to polarize them.