Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Honestly, Dakich is much worse than Skip Bayless. Skip trolls, but he's respectful to his guests. He doesn't call them names, he doesn't insult them, nothing like that. He just likes to say outrageous things for attention. Dakich does that while also acting like a dbag to his guests, random twitter people, people who call into his show, etc. "blogger boy", "little Archie", "shoe guy", yet last night he threw a fit when someone called him old on twitter. 

I'll put it this way: I had mostly positive things to say about him until that tweet last night. The only other tweet I didn't like was him whining about IU fans saying "we" when talking about the team...those fans who say "we" tune in to watch the IU basketball games that he so happens to call. That equals ratings. I didn't like him trashing the Assembly Call guys. They are awesome and fans just like us. However,  I hit the unfollow button last night. Lost a lot of respect for him. I hope Archie never goes on his show anymore. Kudos to TJD for calling him out. 

6 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'll put it this way: I had mostly positive things to say about him until that tweet last night. The only other tweet I didn't like was him whining about IU fans saying "we" when talking about the team...those fans who say "we" tune in to watch the IU basketball games that he so happens to call. That equals ratings. I didn't like him trashing the Assembly Call guys. They are awesome and fans just like us. However,  I hit the unfollow button last night. Lost a lot of respect for him. I hope Archie never goes on his show anymore. Kudos to TJD for calling him out. 

I’m shocked that Archie goes on there at all. The things he says about him any time I’ve tuned in (and it seems like there’s ALWAYS something being said about Archie but it’s probably coincidence) are pretty terrible. And I’m not talking about his gripes about results or whatever, it’s the condescending disrespectful stuff, the petty insults, etc. 

His beef with Jerrod Morris last night was hilarious and so freakin’ stupid. He got roasted so decided to play the bigger man card about being called old. Dakich sucks pretty hard as a public personality, which is sad because he has a pretty interesting perspective on IUBB. I’m sure 1070 loves his ratings though. 

What was the tweet last night? I can handle a little DD here and there while driving around at lunch time but I had to unfollow as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

So many guys entered this draft and went undrafted. Doubt any develop when another year of college could have helped at least half of these guys. Glad they will be changing the rules soon.

The list of undrafted underclassmen: Lungentz Dort, Jalen Lecque, Jontay Porter, Louis King, Zach Norvell, Dedrick Lawson, Naz Reid, Simmi Shittu, Kenny Wooten, Kris Wilkes...plenty more just some of the more recognizable recruits and names to this board. 

I wasn't aware that Shittu had declared.  Man, Vandy could not have had a worse season.

14 hours ago, 8bucks said:

What was the tweet last night? I can handle a little DD here and there while driving around at lunch time but I had to unfollow as well.

Someone said it was cool for Archie to be in the green room and Dakich responded "he turned the #5 pick into #14". I think Jeff Rabjohns is pretty credible and he said no GM"s had Romeo in the top 5 before the season even started. 

Someone said it was cool for Archie to be in the green room and Dakich responded "he turned the #5 pick into #14". I think Jeff Rabjohns is pretty credible and he said no GM"s had Romeo in the top 5 before the season even started. 

Ha funny how DD likes to point out he lost his best player to injury most of his last years coaching but doesn’t allow any grace here for Romeos injury.

On 6/21/2019 at 8:50 AM, TXHoosierDaddy said:

So many guys entered this draft and went undrafted. Doubt any develop when another year of college could have helped at least half of these guys. Glad they will be changing the rules soon.

The list of undrafted underclassmen: Lungentz Dort, Jalen Lecque, Jontay Porter, Louis King, Zach Norvell, Dedrick Lawson, Naz Reid, Simmi Shittu, Kenny Wooten, Kris Wilkes...plenty more just some of the more recognizable recruits and names to this board. 

Yea some big names for sure. Thats life though.

EG possibly changing zip codes.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 

Reporting w/ @ZachLowe: Houston’s offering Clint Capela, Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker individually to teams w/ space to absorb salary. Rockets trying for best available first-rounder for any of those three, hoping to redirect pick to Philly in pursuit of Jimmy Butler sign-and-trade.

And maybe Thomas as well??

Keith Smith‏Verified account @KeithSmithNBA 

After Boston and Brooklyn swung their big trade, the Nets became famous for signing RFAs to big offer sheets. It might be the Celtics turn at that game this summer, with chatter building that Malcolm Brogdon, Thomas Bryant and Tomas Satoransky are potential targets.

20 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

EG possibly changing zip codes.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 

Reporting w/ @ZachLowe: Houston’s offering Clint Capela, Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker individually to teams w/ space to absorb salary. Rockets trying for best available first-rounder for any of those three, hoping to redirect pick to Philly in pursuit of Jimmy Butler sign-and-trade.

Would love to see the Pacers go get EG

Here's some unexpected Pacers news - 

Indiana Pacers point guard Darren Collison has decided to retire from the NBA after 10 seasons to focus on being a Jehovah's Witness.

The 31-year-old Collison played for the Pacers the last two seasons. He told ESPN's The Undefeated in a letter Friday that he decided to retire primarily to concentrate on helping the less fortunate through his faith.

"While I still love basketball, I know there is something more important, which is my family and my faith," he wrote. "I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and my faith means everything to me. I receive so much joy from volunteering to help others and participate in a worldwide ministry. The joy I feel is unmatched."

Collison was on verge of becoming an unrestricted free agent.

He averaged 12.5 points and 5.0 assists in 708 games with the New Orleans Hornets, Dallas Mavericks, LA Clippers, Sacramento Kings and Pacers. He was drafted out of UCLA in 2009 and was named an All-NBA rookie the following year.