Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I get that, but why is that the kids fault? I hope that dude lives up to it and makes millions. I just can’t root against any kid. Let alone a kid by all accounts is a good one that seems very likeable.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Man, why’d you have to quote this? These are the takes that no one asks for.

Hope Zion smashes expectations and is the greatest basketball player ever, because being a fan is way more fun that way.

Wow Lakers fans have got to be salty. Thought they were back and probably still number two in their city 

Ouch yeah they do. Funny thing is I think it will be better for them. They can use their cap space to get players around Lebron and AD. But man I bet there are plenty of cliff jumpers losing him to the Clippers.

7 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Ouch yeah they do. Funny thing is I think it will be better for them. They can use their cap space to get players around Lebron and AD. But man I bet there are plenty of cliff jumpers losing him to the Clippers.

I’m not sure Lebrons window is closing. We shall see though

I’m not sure Lebrons window is closing. We shall see though

Nobody in the history of the game has as many miles on them. I believe it is closing because his body has began breaking down. I think he has 1 or at most 2 years of elite play left in him. If they can surround him with shooters and great defenders I think they can win a title. The NBA is far more interesting now and I think that should say something. It was great before imo.

21 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Nobody in the history of the game has as many miles on them. I believe it is closing because his body has began breaking down. I think he has 1 or at most 2 years of elite play left in him. If they can surround him with shooters and great defenders I think they can win a title. The NBA is far more interesting now and I think that should say something. It was great before imo.

I always thought once Lebron had his first serious injury that it would be opening the floodgates on injury. I think there’s a legit shot that it’s going to be Davis trying to carry this team at times. One of the reasons they were trying to get another stud. 

We will see

On 7/5/2019 at 9:38 PM, Hoosier Guy said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Zion fail in the NBA. It’s crap that the media thinks he’s an instant superstar. Dude has to prove it. I can’t stand overhyped BS

I think Zion will be Blake Griffin 2.0. He will be an All-Star/All-NBA but not a Lebron/Durant like talent that ESPN thinks he will be. 

On 7/6/2019 at 11:51 AM, mdn82 said:

He is for sure on the down slope of his career. LeBron is still very good and is a top 5 player but he is not capable of carrying a team like he did most of his career. His original last two seasons in Cleveland (09 and 10) was incredible. 

On another note, I think the balance in the NBA is a good thing and it will help ratings. I don't think the Warriors run the last few seasons was good for the NBA. Why read a book or watch a movie when you know the ending? I am actually excited for the NBA playoffs next year, especially in the west. A lot of really good teams! I think people are sleeping on Boston, Utah, and Indiana. 

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

I don't agree with Dan Dakich much, but he was spot on with has calling of the Grayson Allen ejection for flagrant fouls on consecutive plays in yesterday's summer league game.

giphy.gif

On 7/12/2019 at 11:47 AM, brumdog45 said:

I don't agree with Dan Dakich much, but he was spot on with has calling of the Grayson Allen ejection for flagrant fouls on consecutive plays in yesterday's summer league game.

Just a punk. Really surprised he hasnt caught an "inadvertent" elbow to the nose yet.

23 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Just a punk. Really surprised he hasnt caught an "inadvertent" elbow to the nose yet.

Pulls blatantly dirty moves like that then complains when he doesn't get away with it.  Like Dakich said, he was enabled; he was enabled and this is the result.

At least he didn't trip someone; he moved on to shoving them in the back after getting screened.

"Georgia could be really good, Crean runs a really good offensive and defensive scheme"

- DD calling the Heat-Pelicans summer league game

You mean, run run run and shoot threes. Then his defensive scheme is , "**** I hope you're just naturally good defensively otherwise I won't know what to do with you on that end"

But yeah DD sure is great. Anyone watch the Celtics-Griz game, sure he had some dumb shot at Romeo and IU in there somewhere

Just now, KingPG21 said:

"Georgia could be really good, Crean runs a really good offensive and defensive scheme"

- DD calling the Heat-Pelicans summer league game

You mean, run run run and shoot threes. Then his defensive scheme is , "**** I hope you're just naturally good defensively otherwise I won't know what to do with you defensively"

But yeah DD sure is great. Anyone watch the Celtics-Griz game, sure he had some dumb shot at Romeo and IU in there somewhere

"Run run run and shoot threes" sounds like the extent of his offensive 'scheme' as well.  Take away transition or run a zone defense and his offense gets ugly.

On 7/12/2019 at 11:47 AM, brumdog45 said:

I wonder how exclusive a list it is to get ejected from a SL game. I'd assume its up there