Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

My take on the Pacers:

-- Thaddeus Young will not be resigned.

-- T.J. Leaf is not in the Pacers long term plans.

-- Trading for T.J. Warren indicates the Pacers feel that they have a need for offense and are willing to sacrifice some defense.

-- Bogdo....may or may not be resigned.  If they do not resign him, they have $34 million of cap room.  IMO, he's probably a guy looking at about a $12 million/year deal, which would drop the cap room to $22 million.

-- They have to think there is a need to upgrade their point guard position.  They might think it's in house with Holiday or could look at free agency.  Hope the reports that they could be looking at Ricky Rubio aren't accurate.

-- Still do not know what they will do with Turner and Sabonis.  I like Goga and I am of the mindset that you do draft for the best player you feel is available.  With big men, getting 48 minutes can come in different splits...30 and 18, 24 and 24...but let's face it, big men don't play beyond 30 minutes typically.  Still this likely means we are looking at Turner, Sabonis, or Goga moving.  I think everyone believes the guy on the move will be Turner.  I like Turner's interior defense, but I think we've seen his peak in terms of 13 and 7 guy. 

15 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Which part disturbs you?  

Personally, I'm very high on Sabonis.  In terms of Goga, he is correct in his shot blocking ability.  

Domas can't guard modern 4s. Its 2019, not 1999

So many guys entered this draft and went undrafted. Doubt any develop when another year of college could have helped at least half of these guys. Glad they will be changing the rules soon.

The list of undrafted underclassmen: Lungentz Dort, Jalen Lecque, Jontay Porter, Louis King, Zach Norvell, Dedrick Lawson, Naz Reid, Simmi Shittu, Kenny Wooten, Kris Wilkes...plenty more just some of the more recognizable recruits and names to this board. 

17 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

So many guys entered this draft and went undrafted. Doubt any develop when another year of college could have helped at least half of these guys. Glad they will be changing the rules soon.

The list of undrafted underclassmen: Lungentz Dort, Jalen Lecque, Jontay Porter, Louis King, Zach Norvell, Dedrick Lawson, Naz Reid, Simmi Shittu, Kenny Wooten, Kris Wilkes...plenty more just some of the more recognizable recruits and names to this board. 

Aren’t undrafted players who didn’t hire an agent able to go back to school

32 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Aren’t undrafted players who didn’t hire an agent able to go back to school

The rules are still incredibly ambiguous and ever changing. In summary, here it is. I believe it also pertains to kids that did hire an agent and were invited to the NBA combine. It will be interesting to see how many kids take advantage of it. 

Draft: Eligible athletes can return for college play if they notify their athletics director of their intent to do so by 5 p.m. the Monday following the draft. Officials said they anticipate a small number of players would actually take advantage of the new draft rules, but they are unsure of how many yet. Generally, players who are undrafted are unable to return to college play; many go on to play for the NBA’s minor league or overseas.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2018/08/09/new-ncaa-rules-allow-mens-basketball-players-have-agents-return-college-if-undrafted

An impressive list for sure. Imagine this happened to Kris Wilkes at Indiana. The staff would have been crucified for ruining his draft stock. Not by me though. I realize how it works and I always thought it unfair but realistic that Romeo’s draft position be tied to Archie.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

An impressive list for sure. Imagine this happened to Kris Wilkes at Indiana. The staff would have been crucified for ruining his draft stock. Not by me though. I realize how it works and I always thought it unfair but realistic that Romeo’s draft position be tied to Archie.

Yep Dakich would have had a bigger field day than he already did. Apparently, he posted a tweet saying Romeo should have been top 5 but dropped to 14 because of IU....something to that effect and then deleted it right afterwards.

The trolling would have been unreal. Funny Alford didn't really help Wilkes stock at all the guy Dan wanted so badly here. 

Yep Dakich would have had a bigger field day than he already did. Apparently, he posted a tweet saying Romeo should have been top 5 but dropped to 14 because of IU....something to that effect and then deleted it right afterwards.

The trolling would have been unreal. Funny Alford didn't really help Wilkes stock at all the guy Dan wanted so badly here. 

So true. TJD replied to that tweet which is admittedly awesome.

43 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Dakich is seriously the worst. Idk how the "he really loves IU' guys can still believe that with all the things he does. If you love your school then you don't use your sizeable media platform to crap on them constantly. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Dakich is seriously the worst. Idk how the "he really loves IU' guys can still believe that with all the things he does. If you love your school then you don't use your sizeable media platform to crap on them constantly. 

It's one thing to troll the fans but its another to spill negativity towards the coach and team, which is what he has done so much of since Archie and not Alford was hired.  Clearly sour grapes all the way. I wish we would ban him from doing games in AH. He doesn't deserve it with how much bashing he does of the program on social media. 

Honestly, he likes winners. He loves Indiana but hates what it has become. He takes digs because he’s infuriated by it. He became a Purdue fan in part this season because of how they played and that they won. He’s grumpy and irritated and doesn’t particularly seem to care for Archie.

Imo he’d be our biggest cheerleader if we had Duke or Kentucky like results. But boy, if we lost with all those “shoe guys” he would eat us alive.

He wants us to be Virginia, I guess.

1 minute ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

It's one thing to troll the fans but its another to spill negativity towards the coach and team, which is what he has done so much of since Archie and not Alford was hired.  Clearly sour grapes all the way. I wish we would ban him from doing games in AH. He doesn't deserve it with how much bashing he does of the program on social media. 

Absolutely agree. Instead of praising Romeo's selfless decision to sacrifice his draft stock for the team and play 3.5 months with a torn tendon in his shooting hand, he decided to troll the program for Romeo falling in the draft. What a sad, pathetic man. Romeo has been all class throughout it all. Dakich could learn a thing or two from him. 

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Honestly, he likes winners. He loves Indiana but hates what it has become. He takes digs because he’s infuriated by it. He became a Purdue fan in part this season because of how they played and that they won. He’s grumpy and irritated and doesn’t particularly seem to care for Archie.

Imo he’d be our biggest cheerleader if we had Duke or Kentucky like results. But boy, if we lost with all those “shoe guys” he would eat us alive.

If he wants IU to become a winner again he's not helping us with his antics. He trolls like a knock off Skip Bayless minus class and respect for the people he targets. He's been taking shots at Archie since the day he was hired because we didn't hire his guy Alford.

I don't buy that he does this because he's tired of the losing because he doesn't keep the same energy when people he likes are in similar positions as people he doesnt like.. Kris Wilkes was Indiana Mr. Basketball and a McDonalds all-American, and Alford turned him into an undrafted rookie. Crickets from Dakich. Yet he tweets out hate when Romeo still gets drafted in the lottery. He's hypocritical. 

So he’s a bandwagon fan? None of his **** helps anyone but himself. He’s an egotiscal shock jockey who couldn’t cut it in the same roles he rips others for failing to deliver in.

Someone said this earlier but Dan Dakich is exactly like Skip Bayless. They are both entertainers and say stuff to get people started (look at what Skip did referencing that fake account about James Harden). Dakich is great as an analyst but I will not listen to his radio show. I am convinced that he is bitter he didn't get the job in 2008. Someone needs to tell him his buddy Steve Alford had two McDonald's All-Americans get undrafted last night. Will Wade had one fall out as well. Heck, UNC had a player who was a top 5 pick fall to 25. Coach K had three top ten picks and didn't make the final four. Dakich is just reaching. Rabjohns, who I think is credible, claims NBA teams never had Romeo as a top 5 pick. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Someone said this earlier but Dan Dakich is exactly like Skip Bayless. They are both entertainers and say stuff to get people started (look at what Skip did referencing that fake account about James Harden). Dakich is great as an analyst but I will not listen to his radio show. I am convinced that he is bitter he didn't get the job in 2008. Someone needs to tell him his buddy Steve Alford had two McDonald's All-Americans get undrafted last night. Will Wade had one fall out as well. Heck, UNC had a player who was a top 5 pick fall to 25. Coach K had three top ten picks and didn't make the final four. Dakich is just reaching. Rabjohns, who I think is credible, claims NBA teams never had Romeo as a top 5 pick. 

Honestly, Dakich is much worse than Skip Bayless. Skip trolls, but he's respectful to his guests. He doesn't call them names, he doesn't insult them, nothing like that. He just likes to say outrageous things for attention. Dakich does that while also acting like a dbag to his guests, random twitter people, people who call into his show, etc. "blogger boy", "little Archie", "shoe guy", yet last night he threw a fit when someone called him old on twitter.