Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

8 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Raptors head coach Nick Nurse told reporters Thursday the 21-year-old is ruled out for Game 1 of the NBA Finals after being upgraded to questionable, but the plan is to activate him for Game 2 at Scotiabank Arena on Sunday, according to ESPN's Tim Bontemps.

Anunoby has yet to take the floor this postseason after undergoing an emergency appendectomy April 11. His appendix ruptured prior to having surgery which complicated his recovery.

Nurse stated earlier in the week Anunoby was "probably about 10 days away from playing."

The sophomore forward averaged seven points, 2.9 rebounds, and 0.7 assists in 20.2 minutes across 67 appearances this season.

They could sure use his defense 

GS's lack of depth rearing its ugly head. No pity here.

Any team who is missing 2 or 3 starters (I believe Looney started a few games) and have other players banged up would look pedestrian.

GSW has to take the physicality to the Raptors to start game 4.

Lowry has moved onto my All Annoying All NBA team with Paul and Harden. The “tough until not” style of play is rather cheap. I don’t know how you jump into a player moving sideline to sideline, who is probably 20 pounds lighter, and flopping like you’ve been sniped is a charge. The begging for the ref to give an opponent a tech is petty too.

I’m shocked Green didn’t pick up a tech or fined. He was cussing out refs left and right in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Any team who is missing 2 or 3 starters (I believe Looney started a few games) and have other players banged up would look pedestrian.

GSW has to take the physicality to the Raptors to start game 4.

Lowry has moved onto my All Annoying All NBA team with Paul and Harden. The “tough until not” style of play is rather cheap. I don’t know how you jump into a player moving sideline to sideline, who is probably 20 pounds lighter, and flopping like you’ve been sniped is a charge. The begging for the ref to give an opponent a tech is petty too.

I’m shocked Green didn’t pick up a tech or fined. He was cussing out refs left and right in the second half.

My point is more that when you use all of your cap space to fill out your starting 5 with superstars, the downside is your bench is going to be bad. So if injuries hit, you're toast. They hardly have any bench players who would even be in other team's rotations.

EG selected as one of 20 players to participate in the 2019 Team USA Camp. The group of 20 players will be refined as the team prepares for the 2019 FIBA Basketball World cup hosted in China.  

https://indianahq.com/pro-hoosiers-former-iu-star-eric-gordon-invited-to-2019-team-usa-camp/

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ouch

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I guess early takes are at best it might have been scar tissue popping?

I can''t tell, he put so much pressure on his other leg on the next cut/move that it could explain why he didn't react like you normally would with an acl tear. But that isn't the calf

If KD ruptured his achilles last night, he certainly has a large tolerance for pain. I ruptured mine in December and was down in a fetal position immediately.

Yeah there are few things you can tear that painful. Ouch. Hate that for the league and him. The NBA is better with prime KD.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile appi

You've got a wide-open 3 from the corner to win the NBA championship -- and you hit the backboard? ... Really? 

That’s why you have a proven winner take that shot and not one of the old regime Raptors taking that shot. Give me either Leonard, even double teamed, or Green rather than Lowry.

If GSW win in Oakland i see them as the favorites back in Toronto.

Where were the calls on GSW shooters last night. Thompson got blatantly hit on the elbow in the corner and the official wasn’t having any of it. There was another shooter up top that got hit that they just completely ignored.

I like Toronto in the east but that crap last night from their fans was classless.

14 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

That’s why you have a proven winner take that shot and not one of the old regime Raptors taking that shot. Give me either Leonard, even double teamed, or Green rather than Lowry.

If GSW win in Oakland i see them as the favorites back in Toronto.

Where were the calls on GSW shooters last night. Thompson got blatantly hit on the elbow in the corner and the official wasn’t having any of it. There was another shooter up top that got hit that they just completely ignored.

I like Toronto in the east but that crap last night from their fans was classless.

Van Fleet's "defense" on Curry has been grabbing onto Curry's hip/waist never letting go and hoping he doesn't foul out. I get that defense is usually more physical in the playoffs, but he has been holding Curry all series.