Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Who anointed James Harden? I’m watching this game trying to figure out how he creates the contact and gets the call, every time. How is he allowed to shove a defender when they reach for the ball? How can he put his shoulder into a defender to create space. It seems as though something happened further up the food chain that’s given him the leniency to be great. I think he’d be a borderline all star without all the goofiness.

Now, imagine a LeBron, KD, or any other superstar that could get away with what Harden gets away with and they’d win the MVP and average 50 a game.

Just not my cup of tea.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Who anointed James Harden? I’m watching this game trying to figure out how he creates the contact and gets the call, every time. How is he allowed to shove a defender when they reach for the ball? How can he put his shoulder into a defender to create space. It seems as though something happened further up the food chain that’s given him the leniency to be great. I think he’d be a borderline all star without all the goofiness.

Now, imagine a LeBron, KD, or any other superstar that could get away with what Harden gets away with and they’d win the MVP and average 50 a game.

Just not my cup of tea.

Most unwatchable star in the league, and it isn't close. I hate Embiid too, but Harden is just horrible to try and watch

Most unwatchable star in the league, and it isn't close. I hate Embiid too, but Harden is just horrible to try and watch

I tend to laugh at it because it fits with the NBE (apologies to those who hate that moniker). I’d honestly like to know the reasoning why they’ve decided it’s okay for him to do those things but don’t allow others.

I’ve tried hard not to post my thoughts on the NBA in this thread during the playoffs but some of the calls have been complete trash. I thought before the NBA had certain officials call certain games because of their style. Now, I’m convinced the NBA is giving instructions on how to carry out a game. I don’t think they’re fixed but it’s ratings driven. Officials just don’t make those calls without being instructed to keep a game close or change the momentum of a game. It’s not just the GSW vs Houston series either.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just not my cup of tea.

Where’s the love button!?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Wow what a messy puzzle Boston was. They've got some big decisions to make this offseason. Too many early playoff exits with all of the assets they've stockpiled over the past several years. Kyrie will definitely leave to go team up with another vet superstar (KD in NY most likely) and they're going to feel the pressure to go trade for AD but that will likely mean giving up Tatum, Brown, etc. 

8 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

That reaction sure seemed like the typical one for an achilles tear...feels like someone clubs you in the back of the foot when you do it. I guess best case is its some kind of calf tear. Either way he's probably done for the playoffs. 

That reaction sure seemed like the typical one for an achilles tear...feels like someone clubs you in the back of the foot when you do it. I guess best case is its some kind of calf tear. Either way he's probably done for the playoffs. 
I ruptured mine in December...it is the most crusifying pain I have ever experienced.

I didn't realize that the Blazers' coach -- Terry Stotts -- went to high school in Bloomington. He graduated from North in 1976, then played four seasons at Oklahoma. Any of the older crew -- I could consider myself a member, but was only 8 at the time -- know why he didn't play at IU? Was Knight not interested? Was he not interested in IU? 

So the Warriors-Rockets has been really entertaining, but this Denver-Portland series might be the best of the playoffs so far. Maybe because I love Dame, and Jokic is my second favorite player in the league behind Giannis.