Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

9 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

He's not elite defensively, which is why he never gets discussion for DPOY. He gets bullied by a lot of other bigs in the post. He's a great rim protector. Not a great low post defender. Dude is charmin soft down there, very weak.

Favorite comment from the people who don't like Myles. Our entire defense is built around his defense. The dude plays with bad defenders like BB, DC, Evans, McDermott, Leaf and the team ended up 4th in the league in defense. Individual defense isn't even the biggest deal for bigs, what they do to disrupt everything else is.Wasn't elite defensively this year my @$$

4 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Favorite comment from the people who don't like Myles. Our entire defense is built around his defense. The dude plays with bad defenders like BB, DC, Evans, McDermott, Leaf and the team ended up 4th in the league in defense. Individual defense isn't even the biggest deal for bigs, what they do to disrupt everything else is.Wasn't elite defensively this year my @$$

Elite defenders don't get scored on with ease. Myles does almost every time his man wants to back him down. I appreciate and acknowledge his importance as a rim protector. But again, there's a reason he's leading the league in blocks and still not getting any mention for DPOY. 

53 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Elite defenders don't get scored on with ease. Myles does almost every time his man wants to back him down. I appreciate and acknowledge his importance as a rim protector. But again, there's a reason he's leading the league in blocks and still not getting any mention for DPOY. 

Except  for the fact he is getting consideration, unless the only source you really follow is ESPN. Yeah, you/re just wrong, maybe you only watched certain games, but saying he got scored against "almost every time his man want to back him down" isn't close to being accurate. Again you're just diminishing what he was doing defensively by calling him a rim protector

Whoops! 

BTW, while you were sleeping, the Thunder-Blazers in the NBA and Sharks-Knights in the NHL were pretty amazing contests last night. Sharks scored four power-play goals during a five-minute major to go from 3-0 down to up 4-3. They then gave up a goal in the final minute to force OT. Crazy games. 

8 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Except  for the fact he is getting consideration, unless the only source you really follow is ESPN. Yeah, you/re just wrong, maybe you only watched certain games, but saying he got scored against "almost every time his man want to back him down" isn't close to being accurate. Again you're just diminishing what he was doing defensively by calling him a rim protector

There's nowhere that I've seen where he's in the discussion. Gobert, Giannis, PG, and Embiid are the main names. I watched all but one of the games and I can assure you he consistently gets backed down with ease by opposing centers. Sometimes even smaller forwards/wings. It's hilarious. And the reverse is also true. Funniest thing I've ever seen last year was Myles calling for the ball with Kyle Korver guarding him in the post, and then he proceeds to not only fail to back him down, but Korver, that's Kyle Korver, actually pushes him out even further. Me and my friend just died laughing. The man is soft, always has been. I'm in several Pacers groups and that's a very agreed upon fact within them. 

While we're at it, your boy PG is soft too. And a clown, always deflecting blame to anyone but himself. I was almost as happy last night with that shot right in his eye than I would be if it was the Pacers hitting it. If you're keeping track, that's both years with OKC that he's been bounced in the first round of the playoffs. Soft players don't win championships. 

16 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

There's nowhere that I've seen where he's in the discussion. Gobert, Giannis, PG, and Embiid are the main names. I watched all but one of the games and I can assure you he consistently gets backed down with ease by opposing centers. Sometimes even smaller forwards/wings. It's hilarious. And the reverse is also true. Funniest thing I've ever seen last year was Myles calling for the ball with Kyle Korver guarding him in the post, and then he proceeds to not only fail to back him down, but Korver, that's Kyle Korver, actually pushes him out even further. Me and my friend just died laughing. The man is soft, always has been. I'm in several Pacers groups and that's a very agreed upon fact within them. 

While we're at it, your boy PG is soft too. And a clown, always deflecting blame to anyone but himself. I was almost as happy last night with that shot right in his eye than I would be if it was the Pacers hitting it. If you're keeping track, that's both years with OKC that he's been bounced in the first round of the playoffs. Soft players don't win championships. 

Not a George fan, but he had a good game last night. I read somewhere that he's dealing with a shoulder injury too. I gotta put most of the blame on Westbrook for taking 31 shots to George's 20. Russ chucked that game away for them. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Not a George fan, but he had a good game last night. I read somewhere that he's dealing with a shoulder injury too. I gotta put most of the blame on Westbrook for taking 31 shots to George's 20. Russ chucked that game away for them. 

Agreed that Westbrook deserves more blame for last night. 

As for the shoulder injury, everyone is banged up this time of year. Just for once I'd love to see him take accountability for something. He's always throwing blame on everyone but himself. 

4 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Cool, I'm on plenty of Pacers sites as well, representing it like there is some consensus is wrong, unless that is the only thing you seek out, though I'm in the same camp with Myles DPOY. You really look at things through a weird ******* lens if yo're seeing him get dominated one on one, because it doesn't happen nearly as much as you make it out. I watched every game this year, but sure, dude got backed dow

Rockets advance.  Toronto opens against the 76ers on Saturday.

04.24.19   YTD W/L Min. Pts. FG's 3's FT's Reb Asst TO Stl Blk PF +/-

Tor OG 0-0                          
Hou EG 4-1 W 40 15 5-13 4-8 1-2 3 3 3 2 1 2 +11

7 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I don't watch much NBA, do they still call 5 seconds after you pick up your dribble? Harden just held the ball for 8-9 seconds after picking his dribble up from a double team.

I could be wrong, but I don’t ever remember that rule in the NBA. They did (still might) have 5 seconds back to the basket though. 

2 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

I don't watch much NBA, do they still call 5 seconds after you pick up your dribble? Harden just held the ball for 8-9 seconds after picking his dribble up from a double team.

I have never seen a 5 second call during a live ball in an NBA game. Remember, the NBA wants scoring/highlights. They don't want rules that reward defense.

18 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I have never seen a 5 second call during a live ball in an NBA game. Remember, the NBA wants scoring/highlights. They don't want rules that reward defense.

I figured it was like the 3 second violation that's on the books but is called once a year in a Sacramento/Orlando game.