Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Victor Oladipo received clearance from his doctor to travel from Miami and has a flight scheduled this afternoon **to attend** Game 3 (8:30pm).  It will be his Pacers game since suffering a ruptured right quad tendon on Jan. 26.

The Rockets will go for a sweep against the Jazz on Monday night.  Freddie not seeing nearly as much playing time in his playoffs.

04.20.19   YTD W/L Min. Pts. FG's 3's FT's Reb Asst TO Stl Blk PF +/-

Tor OG 2-1                          
Hou EG 3-0 W 38 12 4-11 3-8 1-1 5 1 2 0 1 4 +5
G League / Canada    
Moncton Freddie 1-1 W 5 3 0-2 0-1 3-4 1 0 0 0 0 2 n.a.

I think the Pacers are almost in one of the worst possible spots you could be in the NBA. Middle of the pack team that puts up wins but has no shot of winning a title. Middle of the pack pick in the draft and not really a desirable free agent destination. Who knows what type of Vic will come back. Seems like the Pacers are a mid tier at best team that has a shot to win a playoff series. Don’t know how you fix it. I could also be the only one with this opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

13 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

I think the Pacers are almost in one of the worst possible spots you could be in the NBA. Middle of the pack team that puts up wins but has no shot of winning a title. Middle of the pack pick in the draft and not really a desirable free agent destination. Who knows what type of Vic will come back. Seems like the Pacers are a mid tier at best team that has a shot to win a playoff series. Don’t know how you fix it. I could also be the only one with this opinion.

Been this way since my Pacers fandom took off. And that includes the PG, Hibbert, Hill teams, never had a shot at winning a title having to play peak Lebron. It sucks, but in the Indy market I have no idea how you do it. Find a way to draft your arse off for a few years and hopefully strike gold I guess, but we’re too good to really do that and the Pacers refuse to tank. (Which I’m fine with even if it doesn’t make any sense)

6 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

No, I believe you are correct. I don't really follow pro ball (Pacers) anymore for this very reason.  You need multiple stars to win in the NBA and the Pacers always seem to have one borderline all-star and a few decent players - just enough to be mediocre, make the playoffs as a lower seed but most importantly remain profitable.  Indy isn't going to attract big name free agents, so aside from a rare mid-round gem, they need to get stars via high draft picks.  With Vic out for most of the season this would have been a good year to "tank" and draft high, but that's not what the Simons want.  Job #1 is to make money, which is fine as they own the team, but I gave up watching long ago knowing that's their main objective.

54 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

Building an identity would probably be the first step. They kind of have that with defense, but that was pretty much all built around Myles this year. Other than Thad he had a bunch of average to worse than average defenders around him once Vic went down. 

They need more than Vic offensively too. BB isn't good enough, Cojo and DC suck. Maybe Holiday could develop into that? I'm down for taking a dude like Kevin Porter in the draft for that reason

Not tanking was the right move for the Pacers, imo. This year's draft is a pretty weak one. When Oladipo got hurt they were 31-15. Even if they lost every single game for the rest of the season, they would've only ended with the 6th worst record in the NBA. There was just too much ground to make up at that point to make tanking worth it. 

Time to end the Domas/Turner duo. Domas looked like crap until game 4, Myles at least had his defense to fall back on.

I'd rather keep Myles, he is elite at something at least. Domas is a great back up big, but you don't/or shouldn't focus a lot of resources around that

2 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Time to end the Domas/Turner duo. Domas looked like crap until game 4, Myles at least had his defense to fall back on.

I'd rather keep Myles, he is elite at something at least. Domas is a great back up big, but you don't/or shouldn't focus a lot of resources around that

I just can't understand how Myles's offense is still where it is. We need another star but I just can't see it happening, at least not in the next couple seasons. Myles isn't going to be that guy. I want Domas to stay but I'm not sure he and Turner will ever work together. We need more offensive talent period. 

Domas is not going anywhere. Heart and soul of second unit. 14 and 9 on 58% fg and 3apg in 24 mpg. Vic's absence completely changed rotations. Mathews and Evans are two big question marks for me, along with pg.

1 hour ago, jk34 said:

Domas is not going anywhere. Heart and soul of second unit. 14 and 9 on 58% fg and 3apg in 24 mpg. Vic's absence completely changed rotations. Mathews and Evans are two big question marks for me, along with pg.

I would love Wes back in a bench role. I love his attitude. Evans can be gone; he was awful. 

6 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I would love Wes back in a bench role. I love his attitude. Evans can be gone; he was awful. 

Agree 100%. Would love Wes in that 2nd unit in place of Evans!

Raptors will try to wrap up their series against the Magic tonight; Rockets will try to do likewise against the Jazz tomorrow night.

04.22.19   YTD W/L Min. Pts. FG's 3's FT's Reb Asst TO Stl Blk PF +/-

Tor OG 3-1                          
Hou EG 3-1 L 38 16 5-12 5-10 1-2 1 1 2 0 1 3 -4

On 4/21/2019 at 7:28 PM, IUfan_Charlie said:

I just can't understand how Myles's offense is still where it is. We need another star but I just can't see it happening, at least not in the next couple seasons. Myles isn't going to be that guy. I want Domas to stay but I'm not sure he and Turner will ever work together. We need more offensive talent period. 

Because Nate is a dinosaur who is light years behind the rest of the league offensively. 

Domas isn't actually very good. Turner is the only one with an elite skill level, his defense. Also Domas has sucked major @$$ in the playoffs. Just trade him mid-season next year after he beats up on other teams' back up bigs and people don't have a series to gameplan against him as much as you do in the playoffs. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2019.html

Domas with better numbers in points, rebounds, and assists. Obviously Myles has him on blocks, but he has everyone there. So I don't know that Domas is "not very good" per se, but he did have a bad series. Players do that.

3 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2019.html

Domas with better numbers in points, rebounds, and assists. Obviously Myles has him on blocks, but he has everyone there. So I don't know that Domas is "not very good" per se, but he did have a bad series. Players do that.

Cool. Must be nice playing a bunch of back ups who suck. Domas has been exposed twice in the playoffs. Also lol, Myles was elite defensively, love people that only credit him for blocks. 

Also just looking at stats is such a misrepresentation. I can't wait to hear praise when they offer Domas something close to Myles to be his back up. Great management giving a back up that type of money

3 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Cool. Must be nice playing a bunch of back ups who suck. Domas has been exposed twice in the playoffs. Also lol, Myles was elite defensively, love people that only credit him for blocks. 

Also just looking at stats is such a misrepresentation. I can't wait to hear praise when they offer Domas something close to Myles to be his back up. Great management giving a back up that type of money

He's not elite defensively, which is why he never gets discussion for DPOY. He gets bullied by a lot of other bigs in the post. He's a great rim protector. Not a great low post defender. Dude is charmin soft down there, very weak.

You're bitter today. Maybe put milk in your fruit loops tomorrow instead of piss.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app