Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

6 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Melo is in the same category as Chris Paul, James Harden, and many others who will never win a title as a primary player. They care more about themselves then winning.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

If Chris Paul had been serious about winning he would have gone to the Pacers. They needed one more stud and a PG. Birds one stone. 

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

A dislocated kneecap is a common injury that normally takes about six weeks to heal. It's often caused by a blow or a sudden change in direction when the leg is planted on the ground, such as during sports or dancing.

You’re the champ. Don’t let anyone call you an Old Fart. 

Patellar dislocation may only be the tip of the iceberg unfortunately.

Peyton Manning. Paul George. Andrew Luck. And now Victor Oladipo. The sporting deities are pissed at the city of Indianapolis and the state of Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

dislocated kneecap is a common injury that normally takes about six weeks to heal. It's often caused by a blow or a sudden change in direction when the leg is planted on the ground, such as during sports or dancing.

I was wondering if it was something like that. If you watch that trainer they grab the towel off his back and lay it over the knee. Seemed guys that walked up were looking at something before that which a dislocated kneecap would draw your attention. Still could be an acl but not sure why you would grab that towel and cover the knee for that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He probably ruptured his patellar tendon. You can generally pop a patella back in place with a bit of well-timed distraction; generally not a season ender unless the tendon is finito. There's not a good up close replay of the event, but I won't be surprised if he is the winner of a repair for one of the big four ligaments as well.

Get well soon, Vic.

Definitely seems like a ruptured patellar tendon. Hate it for Vic. Have seen so many people say even if you aren’t an IU or Pacers fan, he’s one of the easiest guys to pull for in the NBA. I’m sure he’ll be back and even better.

Side note and not near as important: as an IUBB, Pacers, and Colts fan, I feel like my heart is regularly just torn out and stomped on lately. Anyone else?

Just a bad month for Hoosiers overall....February can't get here soon enough. I was at the game to witness it unfortunately. Have my fingers crossed it's just a dislocated kneecap. He didn't look like he was in a crazy amount of pain but then again I've never torn a ligament to know just how painful it is. I do know a dislocation is just an uncomfortable sort of pain. Hoping and praying for Vic and a speedy recovery.

47 minutes ago, DLG3 said:

Side note and not near as important: as an IUBB, Pacers, and Colts fan, I feel like my heart is regularly just torn out and stomped on lately. Anyone else?

Sometimes I hope I'll wake up some morning and not like sports anymore. Really just at a loss for words.

49 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

Ask Mo Creek.

I was thinking more along the lines of Hanner Perea a few years ago, but it could be a full fracture (I sure hope not) like Mo had. 

1 hour ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Patellar dislocation may only be the tip of the iceberg unfortunately.

Peyton Manning. Paul George. Andrew Luck. And now Victor Oladipo. The sporting deities are pissed at the city of Indianapolis and the state of Indiana.

I was at the game tonight but was to high up to see the fall real well. I was thinking what you said but good news all these guys came back better than ever. First 2 left Indy (either because of team or player decision) but Luck is still here. Either way if Oladipo bounces back like those guys, himself and Pacers will be fine.

1 hour ago, DLG3 said:

Definitely seems like a ruptured patellar tendon. Hate it for Vic. Have seen so many people say even if you aren’t an IU or Pacers fan, he’s one of the easiest guys to pull for in the NBA. I’m sure he’ll be back and even better.

Same. Its been rough but Colts seem to be back now but last few years have been rough. Pacers should still be easy playoff 50 win team but lowers ceiling for what they can do. Outside of the Colts in the 2000's with Peyton, the 2 Zeller teams and 2 Paul George years it has been rough last decade+.

So this sucks, feel horrible for Vic. But lets be real for a sec, Vic wasn't very  good this year, dude was insanely inefficient before this injury. Team has played great without him this year