Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Go Warriors. They’re the only team that would beat the Cavs

Lebron is having the best postseason of his career, but he could not beat Houston.  They would be lucky to win 2.  Their team is not that good at no fault of his.  This is the weakest team he has ever had.  Paul would be back by game 2. 

A) Nearly 80-85% of NBA players are egotistical and arrogant

B) LeBron gets absolutely mugged a majority of times he drives the lane and gets foul calls less frequently than he gets fouled. This is due to him being so physically strong.

C) Objectively....LeBron is the greatest all around basketball player I have ever seen play the game. Not the greatest scorer but the greatest player.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, rcs29 said:

A) Nearly 80-85% of NBA players are egotistical and arrogant

B) LeBron gets absolutely mugged a majority of times he drives the lane and gets foul calls less frequently than he gets fouled. This is due to him being so physically strong.

C) Objectively....LeBron is the greatest all around basketball player I have ever seen play the game. Not the greatest scorer but the greatest player.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Just curious...  Do you believe he gets away with a lot of fouls too?

To me it's one way or the other, you either are the most physically gifted player to ever play the game or you're a flopper.  If you're going to throw dudes off you on backdowns and drives then don't flop.  Doing both just seems too dramatic for me... "I'm big and strong, Chris Paul threw me across the court..."  Doesn't calculate.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Just curious...  Do you believe he gets away with a lot of fouls too?

To me it's one way or the other, you either are the most physically gifted player to ever play the game or you're a flopper.  If you're going to throw dudes off you on backdowns and drives then don't flop.  Doing both just seems too dramatic for me... "I'm big and strong, Chris Paul threw me across the court..."  Doesn't calculate.

Without a doubt he’s a huge flopper and mega-complainer. I hate it. But with that being said, some of it is necessary. The gap between the calls Curry gets and the calls LeBron gets is staggering. So in that sense, I think it’s somewhat necessary to flop, but to a much less degree than what he’s already doing. 

1 hour ago, HoosierDYT said:

Without a doubt he’s a huge flopper and mega-complainer. I hate it. But with that being said, some of it is necessary. The gap between the calls Curry gets and the calls LeBron gets is staggering. So in that sense, I think it’s somewhat necessary to flop, but to a much less degree than what he’s already doing. 

All of the whining, crying and flopping are the reasons that I rarely watch any NBA game.  

7 hours ago, HoosierDYT said:

Anyone else bummed by the finals matchup? Not sure the Cavs even get 1 win if LeBron even averages a triple double again. That’s why I said a few days ago it’s not good for the league 

It sucks cause there isn’t a team in the East this year that could compete with the top few teams in the West.  In a few years Boston and Philly May be able to.  

17 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

It sucks cause there isn’t a team in the East this year that could compete with the top few teams in the West.  In a few years Boston and Philly May be able to.  

Correct. Boston - GS or Cleveland - Houston would have at least been different, however.

Maybe the only surprise was that it was a full 7-game series as the Warriors win 101-92.  Rockets jack up 44 3's and only hit 7 for 16% while the Warriors hit 16-39 for 41%.  EG finished with 23 pts. on 9-22 from the field and just 2-12 on 3's.   Harden wasn't any better 12-29 and 2-13 respectively.

18 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Best team is relative since i doubt any of them could have won the finals. Id probably say the Pacers with Lance first time round

Derrick Rose MVP season (2011) was probably the best team. They also would have beaten the Mavs in the finals. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Best team is relative since i doubt any of them could have won the finals. Id probably say the Pacers with Lance first time round

I believe the message behind the question was "who have they really had to compete against in the East?"  There are a few teams that seemed to be pretty good but not great.  There might be a few outliers but I doubt the second place team in the East could have won the title in those years.  In the West over the past 10 or so years, the second place and sometimes third place teams could have competed for a title.  Meaning, the West has been much harder to make it out of than the East.