Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Who in the **** is hating? I said he is great ******* player. Jesus Christ man. You have an irrational lense on this subject if you read what I said and come away with this. Nobody has ******* hated on Lebron since you posted an odd @$$ picture. I said you sure love you some Lebron. That turns into I am hating on his greatness. **** man. Read.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

"Nobody has hated since you posted an odd a$$ picture". Yet, here's one.

1 hour ago, Defenserocks28 said:

That LeBron face is misplaced, should be on a horse's @$$

Mdn I'm sorry for being an a$$hole. I really need to stop posting in this thread from now on. I get way too fired up when I talk about LeBron 

I don’t think you should stop. People do hate LeBron. This thread is as much evidence of that as anyone really needs. It’s odd imo.

You are a huge fan. LeBron has been incredible this season and these playoffs. You posted a funny picture celebrating that success.

Idk....

My brother and I had a similar debate today about Crosby in Hockey. He hates him irrationally imo. I don’t love him or anything but it’s odd how much hate he gets. LeBron is the NBA version of that.

21 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don’t think you should stop. People do hate LeBron. This thread is as much evidence of that as anyone really needs. It’s odd imo.

You are a huge fan. LeBron has been incredible this season and these playoffs. You posted a funny picture celebrating that success.

Idk....

My brother and I had a similar debate today about Crosby in Hockey. He hates him irrationally imo. I don’t love him or anything but it’s odd how much hate he gets. LeBron is the NBA version of that.

It's odd to me too.  I don't really understand it. From my past conversations with mdn I don't think he hates LeBron. Other people here, though, certainly do.

Like, okay, yeah he flops. He overreacts to sell calls, and he complains to the refs quite a bit. I'm sure it's annoying to watch if you're not a fan. But I dont think all that explains the hate because he's not the only one doing it. James Harden makes a living selling calls but he doesn't get nearly as much hate. I can get on YouTube and find clips of guys doing the same sort of thing 25-30 years ago. I don't expect everyone to like LeBron. He's not everyone's cup of tea and that's cool. I just have a hard time understanding the level of hatred so many people seem to have for him. 

The thing I understand the least is continuing to watch LeBron even though you hate him. I don't like Golden State, and I especially dislike Kevin Durant because he decided to join up with them, so I just don't watch any of their games. For the majority of the season I can block them out and pretend they don't exist. I don't get why people don't do the same with LeBron if they hate him so much. 

Idk....

I mean I get lebrons really, Basketball has been full of polarizing players that get a big following at a time and make people want to see them as the best. MJ fans want to dislike Lebron, and Kobe fans are the same way it just happens.

Crosby is funny to me on a new level because I'm new to Hockey but I remember reading an article about how Crosby is just hated by other players throughout the league so I think that flows to the fans as well, if you watch Crosby in the playoffs he gets hit more then anyone. I remember the Stanley cup 2 years ago against the sharks(I'm a sharks fan) and Thornton would hit and poke and stab Crosby with his stick all the time not even near the play, he'll one time he just ripped his helmet off its wild. Ever since then I've watched Crosby and he gets that all the time it's impressive. Sorry for the long post about this but I've found it really interesting ever since that series

Down 15 at the half but the Raptors made a great 4th Q run but came up a little short.  Big night for OG who doesn't often turn in many double digit scoring games but he did last night but it wasn't enough.

5.05     W/L Min. Pts. FG's 3's FT's Reb Asst TO Stl Blk PF +/-

Tor OG 0-3 L 33 18 7-12 4-7 0-2 4 0 0 0 1 2 -0-
Hou EG 2-1                          

31 minutes ago, HoosiersLoveBanners said:

Give Anunoby credit for trying to guard Lebron, but he’s just not quick enough. Definitely couldn’t stay in front of him. He wasn’t even close on that last shot.

He played it as well as he could have. He didn't let Lebron get to the basket or get a clean pull-up. Lebron instead settled for a 15 foot, one-handed bank shot where his head was 10 feet in the air and he was falling forward. There isn't a single person on the planet who could have stopped him from making that shot.

I mean I get lebrons really, Basketball has been full of polarizing players that get a big following at a time and make people want to see them as the best. MJ fans want to dislike Lebron, and Kobe fans are the same way it just happens.
Crosby is funny to me on a new level because I'm new to Hockey but I remember reading an article about how Crosby is just hated by other players throughout the league so I think that flows to the fans as well, if you watch Crosby in the playoffs he gets hit more then anyone. I remember the Stanley cup 2 years ago against the sharks(I'm a sharks fan) and Thornton would hit and poke and stab Crosby with his stick all the time not even near the play, he'll one time he just ripped his helmet off its wild. Ever since then I've watched Crosby and he gets that all the time it's impressive. Sorry for the long post about this but I've found it really interesting ever since that series

Yes that’s precisely my argument. In the older days, superstars in hockey had enforcers to “protect” them. If you cheap a superstar, expect payback from an enforcer.

Fighting is declining in hockey, and most teams don’t have enforcers. Crosby is one of the first in the new era of superstars. He’s had to protect himself. He isn’t big or strong enough to fight his battles so he will give cheap shots back to those messing with him. I honestly don’t blame him but the players aren’t used to superstars playing chippy. Plus he carries the LeBron factor where he draws extra attention to be slowed down and they have players hanging all over them. Because of that, they complain to the refs. I don’t blame them there either.

All this said, Connor McDavid is the next great superstar.

My top 4 skill guys

1. McDavid
2. Crosby
3. Ovechkin
4. Stamkos

5 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

There must not be an NHL thread. Maybe there should be one?

That would be dope. Hockey looks like a cool spot. I've been wanting to get into it for a while now. 

On 5/6/2018 at 2:31 AM, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It's odd to me too.  I don't really understand it. From my past conversations with mdn I don't think he hates LeBron. Other people here, though, certainly do.

Like, okay, yeah he flops. He overreacts to sell calls, and he complains to the refs quite a bit. I'm sure it's annoying to watch if you're not a fan. But I dont think all that explains the hate because he's not the only one doing it. James Harden makes a living selling calls but he doesn't get nearly as much hate. I can get on YouTube and find clips of guys doing the same sort of thing 25-30 years ago. I don't expect everyone to like LeBron. He's not everyone's cup of tea and that's cool. I just have a hard time understanding the level of hatred so many people seem to have for him. 

The thing I understand the least is continuing to watch LeBron even though you hate him. I don't like Golden State, and I especially dislike Kevin Durant because he decided to join up with them, so I just don't watch any of their games. For the majority of the season I can block them out and pretend they don't exist. I don't get why people don't do the same with LeBron if they hate him so much. 

Is LeBron a hell of a basketball player?  Yes.  He’s a freak of nature that can bully his way to the basket and can shoot well enough from outside to open the interior for his drives.  His style of play isn’t exactly fun to watch.  Like Shaq, he can just physically dominate players.  When you’re a defender and an offensive player can bulldoze into you and get a foul call, there’s not much you can do.  Shaq did it, LeBron does it; I don’t like that the NBA allowed it for Shaq, I don't like that they allow it for LeBron.  How someone running full steam right into a defender with position, shove their elbow or shoulder into the defender, and still get a defensive foul call….I just don’t get it.  So there, that sucks to watch. 

However, I don’t like LeBron because he’s arrogant as all heck.  Who in the hell anoints oneself as “The King”, “The Chosen One.”  Seriously, if that isn’t egotistical and ridiculous, I don’t know what is.  Then, he decided that he needs to be the GM for his teams.  And when that roster management leads to poor decisions and declining teams, he jumps ship.  See Cleveland, see Miami, see Cleveland after this year.  Teams he’s on get lazy, they don’t defend, they phone in games, and LeBron acts like it’s all their fault when he’s obviously always the common denominator.  Say what you will about MJ, but his teams brought it season after season. You knew you were always getting his best on a nightly basis.  With LeBron, who the heck knows.

I guess you could summarize my disdain for LeBron in that he’s utterly arrogant, causes issues and drama on every team he’s on, passes off blame to teammates, forces roster moves but then blames the GM when they don’t work out, and yes, I know every superstar does it (doesn’t mean I have to like it), but his whining…good lord. 

Regarding watching his games. I do not watch him during the regular season.  But I love watching our former Hoosiers, and thus, have been watching these playoffs.  It is what it is. Trust me, I wish he was playing in the Western Conference so he'd be eliminated by the 2nd round and I wouldn't have to watch him any longer.  

That stuff is just stupid. Rozier's hahd is on Reddick's arm. Reddick lifts his arm sliding Rozier's hand towards his head. Reddick gets sniped and they call the foul.

Serious question: do players or teams pay for acting lessons? There's too much entertainment and not enough basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners