Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

26 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I don't know. You are gonna need size if you give up Love. I think Cleveland's window is very short for competing for a title. I say get one season with George and it gets interesting. One of the best 2 way players in the league and he frees up Lebron to rest during the season more. He is getting older. He needs to play, but play less during the season games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Either would be great as they're both elite two-way wing players, which is what the Cavs need against Golden State. Barring major moves I'm not worried about anyone in the East. The size issue would really worry me if San Antonio managed to come out of the West though. 

I think I'd prefer Butler due to his longer contract, but maybe PG would sign a short deal with the Cavs next year to compete for titles instead of languishing in LA. George is bigger and the better offensive player, plus his trade value is lower with all the news that has come out recently. I'm kinda thinking the Butler news is a smokescreen to lower the asking price for George. 

2 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

PG's camp is apparently telling people they won't have a chance to resign him, guarantees rental. What the hell did Indiana do to PG. Apparently he has always been a massive d-bag

It's kind of making me hope PG and Lonzo Ball end up in L.A., and Lavar just ruins the entire thing and makes it a drama filled nightmare and the team implodes. I mean as a Celtics fan I'd hope for most of that anyways, but can't stand the way PG is screwing the Pacers. 

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If PG could have guarded a one legged Wade he would have a championship right now. Guy is very good. But dude is not a great player if he was he would have made an all NBA team and this wouldn't be happening. 

That 2013-2014 team still pisses me off. Had that team not internally imploded, they would've been NBA champions

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I feel bad for Pacers fans. Not so much because George is leaving, but because he seems to be doing everything he can to completely screw the franchise in the process. 

I don't even get it. Is he really that pissed at the front office over something? Cause the fans haven't done anything but get behind the guy. Comes off like a guy with the maturity of a 5 year old. 

7 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I don't even get it. Is he really that pissed at the front office over something? Cause the fans haven't done anything but get behind the guy. Comes off like a guy with the maturity of a 5 year old. 

The guy has always been like this. He's mentally fragile and it's finally coming out. He thinks he's entitled and he hasn't done jack sh!t

2 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

It doesn't make any sense to me either. Pacers fans have always seemed great at the games I've been to. He could've easily just went to the front office and let them know about his plans without leaking anything to the public, but instead he decided to torpedo any chances of the Pacers getting anything of value for him. Just seems petty.

I don't really understand his apparent fascination with LA either. I get that he's from there, but if he's pissed at the Pacers for not building a contender around him it's not like the Lakers are going to be any better. They're the 4th best team in their own state right now. It's not like the 80s or 90s anymore where you needed to be in a huge market like NYC or LA to be a national brand.

Shams CharaniaVerified account @ShamsCharania

Indiana's O.G. Anunoby has accepted an invitation to the NBA Draft green room on Thursday, league sources tell @TheVertical.

ESPN analyst Jay Bilas thinks former Indiana standout OG Anunoby could be selected anywhere from the lottery to the 20's in the upcoming NBA Draft.

In a conference call with reporters on Monday, Bilas weighed in on the wide-ranging projections that exist for Anunoby. For weeks, the former IU forward was slotted in the lottery - now, though, DraftExpress.com projects him at No. 21 overall.

"He's such a great athlete," Bilas said. "He's got size and length and ability.

"He's just raw offensively. For a guy to be a strong, athletic, versatile defender, and a guy that can rebound at a pretty decent rate - he's got talent. I think he got projected after a freshman year where he was a very valuable role player, and you kept going 'Man, how good is he going to be?' Then after the exhibition games he played at Indiana, I can't remember the numbers, but they were absurd.

"But he wasn't quite ready to be the lead guy yet. He still had a very good year, and then obviously got injured - the injury is the biggest issue to me. And then just how good do you think he can be offensively? Is he going to come around and be an excellent all-around player. I think he's really valuable just for the fact that he can come in and be a long, tall versatile defender."

Anunoby averaged 11.1 points and 5.4 rebounds per game at Indiana as a sophomore, also contributing 1.4 blocks and 1.3 steals per game. He suffered a torn ACL in his right knee at Penn State on Jan. 18, which required season-ending surgery.

In other recent mock drafts, Sports Illustrated projects Anunoby at No. 16 overall to the Chicago Bulls. CBS Sports slots him at No. 14 to the Miami Heat, and SB Nation also projects him at No. 14 to the Miami Heat.

Welcome to the NBA G League

Official Release | June 20, 2017

NEW YORK, June 20, 2017 – The NBA and Gatorade announced that beginning today the NBA Development League (NBA D-League), the NBA’s minor league, will officially become the NBA G League.

Beginning with the 2017-18 season, the NBA G League will feature 26 teams, an expansion of four teams since last season, 22 of which are owned and operated by NBA franchises.

For the first time this coming fall, NBA teams can sign up to two “two-way” players to NBA contracts. These contracts allow “two-way” players to be with their NBA parent team for up to 45 days, spending most of the season in the NBA G League.

The NBA G League has more than tripled in size since it debuted with eight teams during the 2001-02 season. Last season, nearly 1.5 million fans attended games, marking the eighth straight year the league has surpassed 1 million fans.

For the 2017-18 season, the NBA G League will unveil new on-court uniforms and collaborate with the Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) on programs to enhance player sports performance and recovery. Gatorade will begin to incubate its latest product and equipment innovations into NBA G League locker rooms, and teams will have the opportunity to collaborate with Gatorade to help players maximize their athletic potential and on-court performance.

“This is a pivotal moment for the NBA G League,” said NBA G League President Malcolm Turner. “The league is experiencing unprecedented success both on and off the court, and our partnership with Gatorade is helping to drive momentum and create exciting opportunities for innovation, sports performance and player development.”

Forty-four percent of players on 2016-17 end-of-season NBA rosters had NBA G League experience, while 65 percent of players selected in NBA Draft 2016 presented by State Farm® spent time in the NBA G League last season, including more than half of the first-round picks.

To support today’s launch, the NBA G League debuted its new website, NBAGLeague.com, an updated NBA G League app, a slate of updated social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, and a new official handle (@nbagleague) and hashtag (#NBAGLeague). Additionally, NBA G League merchandise is now available at NBAGLeagueStore.com.

About the NBA G League
The NBA’s official minor league, the NBA G League prepares players, coaches, officials, trainers and front-office staff for the NBA while acting as the league’s research and development laboratory. Featuring 26 teams with direct affiliations with NBA franchises for the 2017-18 season, the league offers elite professional basketball at an affordable price in a fun, family-friendly atmosphere. An all-time-high 44 percent of all NBA players at the end of the 2016-17 season boasted NBA G League experience. In fostering the league’s connection to the community, its teams, players and staff promote health and wellness, support local needs and interests, and assist in educational development through NBA Cares programs. NBA G League games are available on ESPN’s family of networks and NBA TV.

We have no way of knowing what's happened behind closed doors, but if PG is going to act like this after all the support this organization and fans gave him when he broke his leg, he can just go to LA and **** himself. I hope the dude gets booed mercilessly whenever he returns to BLF. Anybody who gets a stripper pregnant and gets catfished by an elderly man is too dumb to be leading your franchise anyway.

Not a Pacers fan so I do not have any emotional involvement in this. Sorry in advance if I piss anybody off, but:

1.) Why does anybody think PG leaving has anything to do with the fans? 

2.) Why do people think that him outright saying he's leaving in a year change anything about the situation? His desire to leave Indy and return to LA has been apparent for a long time. Other GM's knew this, so it's not like the trade market this year has been negatively affected by PG's announcement. His value was always going to be as a one year rental before the announcement, and that value hasn't changed post announcement.

3.) Related to the last point, why isn't the ire of Pacers fans directed at the front office/ownership and not PG? They could have, and should have, traded him last last year for a ton of assets to rebuild?