Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

The Sixers will never be any good. Better chance of PG staying in Indy than the Sixers doing anything.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Not sure about that. If, granted a big if, Embiid stays healthy, the Sixers will be legit. Embiid is the real deal. 

I never felt like he was fully committed to the Pacers; I'm not sure why anyone did. Oh well, this just expedites the Pacers' plunge into NBA purgatory. I wish I could feel more upset, but the last three years have made me increasingly apathetic.

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Hmmm. Why bother having that press conference the other day then? 

The article talks about trying to trade him to LA, but why would the Lakers bother? They can have him for free next offseason. 

I might be wrong but can't the Pacers sign him to a 5 year deal in a sign and trade. But yeah they won't give up that much for the extra year. 

Lol @ the Pacers. They lost their shot to get a huge return for PG. Now they will be lucky of the Celtics offer #3 for him.

Sixers won 28 games last year with Simmons out the whole year and Embiid missing 50 games. Just adding Simmons and Fultz will win us 5-8 games at least, which would put us in the playoff race. No Sixer fan is saying were gonna win the title next year lol, but if you are looking at the POTENTIAL of teams 5 years from now...Sixers have one of the brighter futures in the whole league. Of course things can change, but they can change for ANY team not just them.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

25 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I might be wrong but can't the Pacers sign him to a 5 year deal in a sign and trade. But yeah they won't give up that much for the extra year. 

They could do a sign and trade if all the parties are willing, but since the Lakers have the cap space they could sign him outright without giving up any assets. 

Here's an article that goes into more detail about sign and trades. 

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/05/why-nba-sign-and-trades-are-rare.html

Neat, cause everything from the Pacers camp is that PG is still committed to winning here, the reason he would leave is if we have another season like this one, but hey the media's narrative driven dribble probably should be taken for nothing but the truth. It is 100000000% guaranteed he is gone.  I'm gonna go ahead and listen to the people I know who actually have connections over the media wanting the Lakers to not suck balls anymore. 

Lol at the Holmes comment. When you're team sucks so bad because you're banking on injured guys then someone has to get the numbers. This applies to Saric too. 

Lol at your PG comments. Picked a bad day for that one ;) Go back months ago and you will see I said this exact thing was gonna happen and you wanted to tell me how stupid I was and how committed he was to the franchise haha. Sorry but I told ya so. Maybe next time you can have a conversation without only sharing your opinions. Like I have said in regards to the Sixers, we may not win a title next year but we are not just Joel Embiid. Go to Alex Kennedys twitter and read his article about how Richaun Holmes was one of the most improved players last year. Robert Covington is a good player. McConnell is a good backup pg. Saric is a high end 6th man. We need pieces and are still a long ways away, but I am happy with the moves we have made.

Why would you trade for him this coming season when you could get him for nothing next summer? LA could suck for another year, get another good player early in the draft and have a decent team going into 2018-2019.

It really doesn't matter too much because the Warriors will run the West along with the Spurs for the foreseeable future.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Why would you trade for him this coming season when you could get him for nothing next summer? LA could suck for another year, get another good player early in the draft and have a decent team going into 2018-2019.

It really doesn't matter too much because the Warriors will run the West along with the Spurs for the foreseeable future.

George and the Pacers want a sign and trade. The Lakers don't. George is a complete fool for letting this leak. 

George and the Pacers want a sign and trade. The Lakers don't. George is a complete fool for letting this leak. 

He knows it limits his value so Pacers are almost forced to ake what LA gives them. Julius Randle and a future pick or two isn't that bad. Also saw from Woj a team could trade for a one yr title run with him. Cavs only team that would be okay with it IMO though depending on the price at least.

4 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

He knows it limits his value so Pacers are almost forced to ake what LA gives them. Julius Randle and a future pick or two isn't that bad. Also saw from Woj a team could trade for a one yr title run with him. Cavs only team that would be okay with it IMO though depending on the price at least.

He should have told the Pacers he's only willing to signed to go to the lakers but the lakers shouldn't have known that. now the lakers will offer less so there's less incentive for the Pacers to do it. Thus costing George his 5th year. 

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Lakers aren't dumping any young assets to acquire PG early, according to Ramona Shelburn.

Pacers are fudged.

Yep. Lakers would be stupid to trade for him since he's probably going there as a FA next summer. Keep all the young players and add PG next summer

20 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Remember when I said Larry/FO f****d up when they didn't move him at the deadline? This is why. We'll be lucky to get a late first and a role player for him. 

Absolutely. There was no logical reason as to why he wasn't traded at the deadline

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Lakers aren't dumping any young assets to acquire PG early, according to Ramona Shelburn.

Pacers are fudged.

Yeah GEorge can claim this was to help all he wants but it's bull. 

Id bench him to let the other players develop. 

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

Absolutely. There was no logical reason as to why he wasn't traded at the deadline

They for some reason thought he was going to be all NBA and we would be able to pay him more than anybody else. Makes you wonder if these guys watch basketball that they thought he was going to be all NBA

Lakers won't have the cap space unless they can find someone to take on Mosgov and Deng's contracts. Pacers should and probably are using that as a negotiating tactic. With that being said, the Pacers probably won't get much more than a future pick for him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app