Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Heard some great commentary from Cedric Ceballos this morning on the radio about LeBron. He was saying that LeBron is of course a phenomenal player and one of the most all-around skilled superstars we've seen, but he has no "go-to" move. Jordan and Kobe both had the fadeaway. Stockon and Malone had the pick and roll, Kareen had the sky hook, Olajuwan had the dream shake, in Ceballos' Suns days they'd give the ball to Barkley in the post and he would go to work, etc., etc. 

LeBron doesn't have a particular move/shot to go to when his team just desperately needs buckets. He can post up, he can hit the mid-range, he can pick and roll, he can hit a 3, but he doesn't do any one of those things at a level where you can almost 100% rely on it and just have everyone get out of his way.

It worked in Miami because Wade was really the guy they went to in those situations, but in Cleveland they don't have that guy.  

37 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

I agree that James is the best player in the gane today. For GOAT status I would put him in the top 35, at best. The problem in my mind, is the greats like Magic, Michael, and Bird, they made all that surround them over achievers. Lebron seems to polarize them.

Top 35? He doesn't make the players around him better? Did you see the 07ish Cavs team he propelled to 60 wins and the finals?

People made comparisons with Jordan because they're stupid. Him and LeBron aren't the same type of players by any means and obviously their size is way different. Jordan was 6-6 200 while LeBron is 6-8 260. LeBron is more of a playmaker while Jordan was a scorer. LeBron also has to deal with the bums on his team and a so so coach. Jordan had Pippen which Irving and Love are about 50 levels lower than him. LeBron has been to 7 NBA Finals which is pretty freaking impressive. And considering 3 of those have been with Cleveland without another star next to him... that is even better. LeBron is still arguably the best player in the world and one of the best all time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

You realize Scottie Pippen averaged 20 points 3 times when he played with Jordan. I watched many years of Pippen then watched him without Jordan. Jordan made Pippen. He is not a top 50 player without Jordan. So what does that say about Jordan? Hell, Jordan was so much more than a scorer. He was all defense every year. Leading the league in steals. I agree with BGleas though. The lack of a go to move hurts Lebron. His best move is use his body to get to the rim/foul line. His jumper is broke.

16 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

Yes to both inquires. But, did he and team win that series?

So, by your logic you can't make the players around you better unless that season results in a title?

LeBron is a top 10 player of all time. Where he falls on that list, I'm not sure. For me, he is a better player than Kobe (as an example), but Kobe had the better career. I think those categories often get blurred into one. 

15 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

Yes to both inquires. But, did he and team win that series?

Should they have? Their second best player was Larry Hughes, and Drew Gooden was prominently involved. The accomplishment for that team was just getting to the Finals. 

It's remarkable that Irving was talked about as a top 3ish point guard in the league before the start of the finals but now he's a third rate point guard. Love was talked about having turned it around hitting a bunch of threes and really getting his game tuned up for the finals. The Cavs set records for made threes in a series that lasted only four games.

Now they're all trash but LeBron because the baby faced Warriors are taking their lunch money money, driving them home taking their parents lunch money, and then driving to their parents parents and taking they lunch money too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It's remarkable that Irving was talked about as a top 3ish point guard in the league before the start of the finals but now he's a third rate point guard. Love was talked about having turned it around hitting a bunch of threes and really getting his game tuned up for the finals. The Cavs set records for made threes in a series that lasted only four games.

Now they're all trash but LeBron because the baby faced Warriors are taking their lunch money money, driving them home taking their parents lunch money, and then driving to their parents parents and taking they lunch money too.

I don't know of anyone that'd consider Irving a Top 3 PG. Top 3 in the Cavs division?

I don't know of anyone that'd consider Irving a Top 3 PG. Top 3 in the Cavs division?

You might be right, but funny to see this sitting here after last night's game. He was on fire. Cavs need to dump Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love. Both are overrated.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

You might be right, but funny to see this sitting here after last night's game. He was on fire. Cavs need to dump Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love. Both are overrated.

In these playoffs where fouls are called at random Thompson has been able to do some work on the boards.

Right? Lol. I still don't consider him. He hasn't yet learned both sides or the ball movement aspect.